2010.04.15 Presser Video: Sheriff, Haleigh Likely Dead; POI Identified

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the blood they found in the van tested to be Haleighs. I think they knew she was in that van and hurt. I think they found something at the river that allows them to say she is dead.

Hello Dr. Fessel,

I must admit over the last 6 months or so I've been away from the forums 2,3 and 4 days at a time sometimes. I'm unaware of LE finding blood in the van.

If it belongs to Haleigh I doubt she was bleeding in the mobile home, at least not externally. I can't wait for the sunshine law to kick in

I can't even put my thoughts down. It turns into a novel :banghead: full of rage, bad words, disgust and Such 'Soul Searing Sadness' << SSS!
That said I so hoped for a better outcome for Haleigh as did everyone. I send Peace, Love, Light, and Blessings to all of the broken hearts out there tonight We Love You Haleigh! Excuse the rant....<< Scratch that I stand by it...it is how I FEEL!!!

Moves on to passing out pitchforkes, and torches calls out for a 'semi-sane' mob to gather in the march for 'JUSTICE FOR HELEIGH!!!!'

I think Misty got this whole ball rolling by coming forward. JMO

Were it not for Tommy recently taking an LDT and supposedly failing it - I might agree with you. I don't think Misty says anything until she is completely backed into a corner. If Tommy admitted this first, Misty would follow, but for 14 months she couldn't be bothered. It was, based on Flora Hollars info Tommy that told her first, then Misty called within 15 minutes. Sounds like a plan to me....

I think Misty got this whole ball rolling by coming forward. JMO

I think Tommy did. He kept wanting Misty to tell on Ron (jailhouse tapes) and Misty's dad kept wanting her to tell on Ron. I think Tommy broke down and told what he knew and it involved Ron and Misty. JMO though

Were it not for Tommy recently taking an LDT and supposedly failing it - I might agree with you. I don't think Misty says anything until she is completely backed into a corner. If Tommy admitted this first, Misty would follow, but for 14 months she couldn't be bothered. It was, based on Flora Hollars info Tommy that told her first, then Misty called within 15 minutes. Sounds like a plan to me....

Do you think Granny Hollar has been cooking this up herself or that she has been the 'go between' for Misty and Tommy? Here in my neck of the woods we would say rather that "granny is the tale packer". Think Ron is cleared?

Do you think Granny Hollar has been cooking this up herself or that she has been the 'go between' for Misty and Tommy? Here in my neck of the woods we would say rather that "granny is the tale packer". Think Ron is cleared?

Gwen I just don't know. I think there have been lots of letters flying and truthfully it would not surprise me that letters were sent between Misty and Tommy so they could get a story going. I can't figure Granny Hollars because in some of the tapes, she doesn't want Tommy wasting her minutes calling her. She wants her minutes for Misty and what money she can send goes to Misty. Would she assist orchestrating to get Misty off the hook, I think so, JMO.

Ron cleared ? Not in my mind. Way too many unexplained activities for me to think Ron the control freak is clueless about this matter.

could have been a hanksr.-tommy-misty phone circle.

"Baby-girl, I just talked to Bubba and he's calling Grandma now and tellin' her about Joe & what happened to Haleigh, so you be sure to call her too right after I get off this thing. Bye bye."

hmmmm...

I see what you are saying I think. The jailor and cops let them think they were sneaking things past them like letters, messages delivered by family, phone calls. I see. I think Ronnie Boy has to explain the 80 phone calls to me before I clear him.
Also, I do not believe the child died at the dock. I think Misty, Joe and Tommy dumped the baby girl there. I think they did clean up with the aid of several people. I hope they can get everyone that had ANY knowledge that Haleigh was hurt and participated in ANY way in the coverup.

the thread title says POI identified ... wondering who it is?

the thread title says POI identified ... wondering who it is?

OMG I know....somewhat misleading. Who is the POI? Joe? Misty? Tommy? Ronald?

From the presser he only said "several" he did not name names.

But Hardy said those details cannot and will not be released today. Hardy said &#8220;persons of interest&#8221; have been identified in this case. But he would not name them today and he dismissed a rumor that a suspect had been taken into custody.

The thread should probably be changed to POI identified (names not released).

Cheers,

Mel

Hello Dr. Fessel,

I must admit over the last 6 months or so I've been away from the forums 2,3 and 4 days at a time sometimes. I'm unaware of LE finding blood in the van.

If it belongs to Haleigh I doubt she was bleeding in the mobile home, at least not externally. I can't wait for the sunshine law to kick in
I don't remember any official statement about blood in the van. I do recall that Misty said if there was blood in the van it might've been from an animal because the Croslin boys used it when they went hunting. Does anyone know the specifics on this?

I don't remember any official statement about blood in the van. I do recall that Misty said if there was blood in the van it might've been from an animal because the Croslin boys used it when they went hunting. Does anyone know the specifics on this?

No, but I had to chuckle (and forgive me for going OT). Her statement is similar to Casey's in saying "She told her brother Lee Anthony it was a dead squirrel that crawled up in the engine"

To this day I still can't figure out how dead squirrels crawl :)

It also reminds me of Scott Peterson's statement regarding the blood in his car ""I would suppose that they will find blood on my truck. I am a fisherman and a hunter,"

In all honesty, I think Misty makes it up as she goes along.

Hugz,

Mel

No, but I had to chuckle (and forgive me for going OT). Her statement is similar to Casey's in saying "She told her brother Lee Anthony it was a dead squirrel that crawled up in the engine"

To this day I still can't figure out how dead squirrels crawl :)

It also reminds me of Scott Peterson's statement regarding the blood in his car ""I would suppose that they will find blood on my truck. I am a fisherman and a hunter,"

In all honesty, I think Misty makes it up as she goes along.

Hugz,

Mel
And in the Neveah Buchannan case (still unsolved and cold as ice :banghead:) the gf of one of mom's SRO friends said that blood might be in his van because he cleaned fish in it. I wonder how often LE hears that rot from perps.

ETA: I bet KC was the only one to use the crawling squirrel defense. LOL

My heart is breaking for you angel baby. .. please guide them to your remains little one we all love u so sweety.. all of our hearts our broken ..this is my prayer for you sweetheart..please help them find you so the horrible people that u loved so unconditionally will pay for what they've done to you. Sorry guys I'm beyond tears reading all of this and I needed to say something to her

I'm not sure they are going to get in a hurry to give out the name(s) of the POI or make an arrest. My reasoning? Well, with the exception of 1 person, (JO) all of the others (MC, ToC, RC) are all in jail and they're not going anywhere. I think they will take their time to make sure they get it right (at least I hope they do) so that there will be justice for Haleigh.

This should be the post of the day! You are 100% correct! Also what no one is saying is that LE bears responsibility also. You think they don't know what goes on in that small trailor community (not big enough to be a town)?

It just seems to be accepted that those back woods people can have an under-age girlfriend and no one bats an eye until it creates a problem like a high profile case and then everyone wants to show how "efficient" and sorry they are. This whole mess is inexcusable and unnecessary!

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61. History.--RS 2598; s. 1, ch. 4965, 1901; GS 3521; s. 1, ch. 6974, 1915; s. 1, ch. 7732, 1918; RGS 5409; s. 1, ch. 8596, 1921; CGL 7552; s. 1, ch. 61-109; s. 759, ch. 71-136; s. 1, ch. 96-409.

BBM...Just wanted to mention that RC has lost the life of his beloved daughter. He has been punished 3 fold. Even hot tempered drug dealers have feelings

OK, here it says that Chelsea claims to have told LE about this location right after Haleigh went missing. Claims Hank Sr. tore up the letter that Misty sent him. Why would Chelsea not turn over the letter LE? ( Chelsea Croslin said she did not want to provide a copy of the letter for fear of retaliation.) Why would she claim she told LE about the area 14 months ago and LE said that is not so. Grandma Hollars also feels the 3 of them are still holding something back, I wonder if she got another letter that she to is not sharing? IMO, Misty must of told Chelsea something and Chelsea has not shared all with LE. I find her behavior very odd as well.
Also, notice in the article it reads that LE feelsJoe is person of interest as far as having information," Bowling said

Putnam sheriff: Haleigh likely murdered
Posted: April 16, 2010
"Snip" http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-16/putnam-sheriff-haleigh-likely-murdered

By Dana Treen

Sheriff Jeff Hardy conceded Haleigh Cummings never made it to her sixth birthday.

Putnam County sheriff said it's a "good possibility" Haleigh died there.

No one has been arrested, but investigators have several people of interest ,people are now cooperating.

"We just don't believe we are looking for a live child," said Maj. Gary Bowling.

Hardy said divers were out there each day pulling in "alligator toenails to you-name-it."

He said some items have been recovered for testing but would not elaborate.

No murder weapon or human remains were found, however, Bowling said.

February 2009 Haleigh disappeared, she had been at home with her younger brother and Misty.

Ronald Cummings was at work, came home from his night shift about 3 a.m. to find his Haleigh missing.

Misty Croslin has been a central figure in the case and consistently kept information from detectives.

Hardy said Misty Croslin has "come to realize she is in trouble."

She was brought to the river for the search on Wednesday, but Bowling would only say it was her decision to come.

He said she couldn't be forced to leave the St. Johns County jail where she is being held on drug trafficking charges unrelated to Haleigh's case.

Flo Hollars, said Misty and her brother both called her from jail about 15 minutes apart on Sunday. They said a cousin living in Tennessee, Joseph Overstreet, was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.

Hollars said she called authorities, but Hardy said the latest tip about the search area did not come from Tennessee.

Joe Overstreet was interviewed by detectives this week. He has been interviewed in the past, both in Florida and Tennessee.

"He's a person of interest as far as having information," Bowling said.

Overstreet has denied any involvement.

Misty Croslin told the same story in letters to her father and a sister-in-law in Massachusetts.

Chelsea Croslin, said she and her husband got a letter about two months ago from Misty that details the same set of events.

Misty's father, Hank Croslin Sr., said he got a similar letter but tore it up and threw it away.

Thursday, Chelsea Croslin said she did not want to provide a copy of the letter for fear of retaliation. Chelsea said her sister-in-law was terrified of Overstreet so didn't tell authorities what happened that night.

She said she has been urging the Sheriff's Office to search the area off Shell Harbour Road since shortly after Haleigh disappeared. She said that was one of the few areas Overstreet was familiar with when he visited.

Bowling said it was the first time he heard about the location tip, although investigators have seen those letters.

In the phone calls the grandmother said she received, both Misty and Tommy
said Tommy and Overstreet came to the mobile home on Green Lane where Misty was with the children. The two were looking to steal a machine gun, but it was not there.

Overstreet came back and snatched Haleigh after putting a knife to Misty's throat, threatening to kill her and her family if they said anything, they told Hollars.

In her 911 call to authorities that night, Misty never mentioned Overstreet.

Hollars said that after seeing the police take Misty down to the river in handcuffs, she's not sure that all three of them aren't still holding something back.

Hardy said investigators would work the case for as long as it takes.

"I'm not going to give up on this little girl and this family," the sheriff said.

It has been reported in a number of news articles that Ron was present with the rest of the family members when they were told that Haleigh is most likely deceased. I agree they are all probably in shock. The involvement of Misty's cousin has been implied by the renewed activity in Tenn and by his lawyering up.
Eg: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=154683&provider=top

I don't think that a single person from Ron's side of the family in that meeting was "in shock." How can you be "in shock" when you KNOW and have known for a year and two months that the child is dead and who did it?

I think that TN knew, the GGM knew, and most of all, RON knew--and Ron has known since the evening that Haleigh disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back