2010.04.16 Misty's Silence...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If she's not talking because she's afraid of someone, she must REALLY fear them, because I'm sure the police have said to her, "Listen, we'll protect you, we'll put a police officer at your side, 24/7.

So..I'm leaning more towards she's not talking because she's partly, or perhaps, directly, to blame, and she knows it.

It has all been put on Misty though. Don't any of you think that someone else could have supplied some truth to help figure out the rest of it? I'm thinking about the GMA's, and of course, the father of the missing girl...but all LE got were the lies to cover-up whatever happened. Just wondering, is Misty really the only one that knows the truth? No, I say.
& if she's really the key, who's the lock?

If she's not talking because she's afraid of someone, she must REALLY fear them, because I'm sure the police have said to her, "Listen, we'll protect you, we'll put a police officer at your side, 24/7.

So..I'm leaning more towards she's not talking because she's partly, or perhaps, directly, to blame, and she knows it.

We need to remember that when you are raised by criminals 'the police are your enemy and are never to be trusted' (sadly, her parents probably spent more time instilling that in her brain than teaching her to read and write)... I'm hoping that with her isolation and only having physical contact with the police, they will be able to break that train of thought and get her to release all that she knows!

We need to remember that when you are raised by criminals 'the police are your enemy and are never to be trusted' (sadly, her parents probably spent more time instilling that in her brain than teaching her to read and write)... I'm hoping that with her isolation and only having physical contact with the police, they will be able to break that train of thought and get her to release all that she knows!

Right, thank you for saying this. That was the second part of my thought, that "she must REALLY fear them, and NOT trust whatever the police say."

I understand. I bumped the search thead for you. These threads are getting so far off-topic that information is all over the place. Thanks.

Grandma, I know we have specific threads and understand that they will be useful down the road as Kimster said and I know we have multiple theories threads and search threads etc...Can we have just a discussion thread as SO many things overlap and I surely don't want a TO or worse at this time. TYVM

The theory thread is a good choice of threads when you would like to discuss the case as a whole.

i think Misty's silence has to do mostly with fear and self-preservation. Ron, Relatives, the Drug/Crime community in general.

I don't think Misti was directly involved in or directly caused Haleigh's death, but she holds the key and is simply afraid, and has used delay tactics since that time for various reasons: afraid of Ron, afraid of her relatives connected to the case, afraid of her parents, afraid of the drug community, and afraid of LE and the justice system. The fact that she cannot read (I had forgotten that) just compounds the problem. Her only tool is her voice and her trust (or lack thereof) in other people to decipher the written word for her.

Thank you for your comments, Ms. Peel. Alas! It has many years since I've engaged in serious literary discussions or taught, so I was thinking solely of the child, Cosette, who was left orphaned and alone in the world. Every picture or video image that I see of Misty reminds me of that helpless little waif. Some might not understand, but I can't help feeling compassion for Misty despite her poor choices. jmo

I go along with your feelings for Misty. I grew up in the same manner that she has. IT is the choices we make if we are to better ourselves. I feel for all of these families. We as parents do the best we can and we have to let them make their choices . I have three girls that acted like Misty and I about went crazy when they were her age. I also have a son and today they all are all grown with children of their own.

It has all been put on Misty though. Don't any of you think that someone else could have supplied some truth to help figure out the rest of it? I'm thinking about the GMA's, and of course, the father of the missing girl...but all LE got were the lies to cover-up whatever happened. Just wondering, is Misty really the only one that knows the truth? No, I say.

Yes, it seems that the onus has been placed on Misty because LE has said that "she is the key", while Ronald Cummings, the father of HaLeigh, has had little or nothing to say for many months. In his television appearances early in the case, we saw him seated side-by-side with his attorney who was obviously there to guide Ronald's cushioned responses to questions that were posed during interviews. We've heard nothing from Mr. Cummings for a very long time, but I'm not convinced that he knows nothing about what happened the night his child went missing. Why is it just Misty who is being required to break the code of silence?

Yes, it seems that the onus has been placed on Misty because LE has said that "she is the key", while Ronald Cummings, the father of HaLeigh, has had little or nothing to say for many months. In his television appearances early in the case, we saw him seated side-by-side with his attorney who was obviously there to guide Ronald's cushioned responses to questions that were posed during interviews. We've heard nothing from Mr. Cummings for a very long time, but I'm not convinced that he knows nothing about what happened the night his child went missing. Why is it just Misty who is being required to break the code of silence?

I'm guessing they chose her because she was perceived to be the weakest link.

I'm guessing they chose her because she was perceived to be the weakest link.
boy, they had that wrong, didn't they? I would've gone wuth the one who hides behind women, girls, & lawyers. or Tommy, obviously,the biggest drug addict.

Haleigh disappeared while on Misty's watch .... she admitted Ron was at werk .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23
Back