2010.04.17 Shoemaker says Ron and families told to prepare for funeral

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Funny, Mew, I just wrote you and ask if you could...LOL. I just have links.

I saw the Angel from one of our former friends. The pic was not a close up and it was B&W. If you google Angel of Grief, you can see the sculpture. It is the middle pic when you click google but the pic I saw was much sharper and it was on a lawn there were branches of trees at the top. It was even better than what we see when we google. I will pm you when I find it.

I have tried my best to think of a valid reason for Shoemaker to say what he said on camera. I can think of none.

I got so angry watching his face as he was talking. He seemed to be too lighthearted for the gravity of what he was talking about.

WHY in this world would LE say that to the family? I just cannot believe they did. I have lost all faith in Sheriff Hardy (I love him) if he said this to Crystal and Marie in that meeting. I doubt very much he did.

What I can see Sheriff Hardy doing is telling the family that they have obtained information that Haleigh's body might have been placed in the river and that divers and LE would be searching for what may be only bones now. But I just simply refuse to believe that Sheriff Hardy told the family to plan a funeral without having conclusive proof Haleigh was dead and being able to prove it to the family.

I hope JVM invites Shoemaker on her show Monday evening and asks him about his remarks.

*Sorry for the interruption of the flow.

Whisp can you post that on the off topic pics thread please. I would love to see it.

Mew, google Angel of Grief and save it.

ETA: Sorry, I see Whisperer told you how to find it. Mine was not the one with the trees and such. That one would be the best.

Goodnight..............see you tomorrow!

The thing that confuses me though is that Annette Sykes the GGMA told a news station that she refuses to believe that Haleigh is dead. Unless it is Crystal that is the one that has to make arrangements. It makes more sense for Crystal to have to do it than it does Ron's Fam.

Great-grandmother says Haleigh is alive until proven otherwise

Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:00 AM EDT
<snipped>
"They've got to show me a body or something that definitely proves that she is dead or otherwise she'll be alive," Annette Sykes said. "I'm not going to believe that she's dead. They've got to prove it." No trace of her has been found.

Sykes said the family was informed of the change in the case's status on Tuesday when they were summoned to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "That was what they called us in the office to tell us," she said. "They wanted to let us know before they said anything publicly."

Sykes added the family is doing "as well as we can." "They can say that it's a homicide all they want to, but they've got to prove it to us," she said.

When asked if she thought if Joe Overstreet - a cousin of Misty Croslin that was questioned by local and state investigators this week - had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, she replied that she didn't know.

"You've heard all the lies that that family tells, how many stories have they already told, so who knows," Sykes said.

Article:
http://www.palatkadailynews.com/arti...ews/news01.txt

Agree 100 percent. Chrystal should be making funeral arrangements if they are needed. The Cummings family from Ron on down to GGM Sykes didn't care about the children one bit. I can't point to one thing they did to try and find out what happened to that poor child. Just MO.

Are you thinking Ron dramatics? Gosh I hope not... how horrible for this to be said if LE did not in fact tell the family that.

I have tried my best to think of a valid reason for Shoemaker to say what he said on camera. I can think of none.

I got so angry watching his face as he was talking. He seemed to be too lighthearted for the gravity of what he was talking about.

WHY in this world would LE say that to the family? I just cannot believe they did. I have lost all faith in Sheriff Hardy (I love him) if he said this to Crystal and Marie in that meeting. I doubt very much he did.

What I can see Sheriff Hardy doing is telling the family that they have obtained information that Haleigh's body might have been placed in the river and that divers and LE would be searching for what may be only bones now. But I just simply refuse to believe that Sheriff Hardy told the family to plan a funeral without having conclusive proof Haleigh was dead and being able to prove it to the family.

I hope JVM invites Shoemaker on her show Monday evening and asks him about his remarks.

*Sorry for the interruption of the flow.

Thank You for mentioning Shoemaker's lightheartedness! I thought it was just me!

Well, like someone just said, that would be up to Crystal and RC. RC is the parent and the one who had custody (just remebered that )so I imagine he would be the one to prepare. Did they give Crystal custody of Haleigh? I don't think so...darn..I forgot about that. Let's see how benevolent he is...oh nevermind, the family reads the sites and will adjust accordingly. I think that Granny Sykes has done most of the babysitting and is the one who had the children most of the time. They never say if she did or give her credit, but I bet she loved them very much.

I am bitter about the way the court handled the custody from 2005. I should be grateful that they finally gave JR to Crystal but it took a major arrest to get that to happen and a full year....my God. A child's personality and development takes place in the first four years. The work is cut out for this family to help him recover.

Wait a sec.! Does everyone recall when rc was first arrested and his video from jail. He was still blaming Crystal and saying if she did it, Haleigh may pop up in Wyoming or somewhere. He, no way, was thinking or mentioning JO as the likely perp??!!

Now I've got tears again. The words of Crystal are breathtaking. How ANYONE can think ill of this mother is beyond me.

............JUST read this. AND Crystal did exactly what she said she would do. She has been looking non-stop and has put every penny she had to find her.

Thank You Maven

It's a beautiful and heartfelt poem! Crystal has a real talent for words.

I'm guessing that Hardy actually told the family not to begin funeral preparations, but to prepare themselves emotionally for the need to have one.

Well, like someone just said, that would be up to Crystal and RC. RC is the parent and the one who had custody so I imagine he would be the one to prepare. Let's see how benevolent he is...oh nevermind, the family reads the sites and will adjust accordingly. I think that Granny Sykes has done most of the babysitting and is the one who had the children most of the time. They never say if she did or give her credit, but I bet she loved them very much.

I am bitter about the way the court handled the custody from 2005. I should be grateful that they finally gave JR to Crystal but it took a major arrest to get that to happen and a full year....my God. A child's personality and development takes place in the first four years. The work is cut out for this family to help him recover.

that might just be the reason, about a year ago, that Crystal went to the courts to get therapy for Butterbean,,,,,as she saw issues in his personality that were not acceptable/good

(and i might add, ron fought the therapy, if i remember correctly....and why would he,,hhmmm) (dont want things to come out rc,,???)

and i have heard it is 6 years for a child to develop their true personalilty, so lets hope that one is true:)

I remember TN making the statement that the incident with the gun was two weeks prior to Haleigh's disappearance. LE cleared JO and the gun incident was deemed not important to Haleigh's disappearance.

Thank goodness Leila and thank you for posting. I just don't understand why that 4 seconds got cut. Here is the link of TN being family spokesperson discussing the gun. I almost fell asleep looking for my hiding spot.

http://www.truveo.com/Search-for-Haleigh-Family-speaks-out/id/288230385343616064

Well, I never heard that. Maybe it was, but the way it looks he didn't. He always denied the fight with Joe and never said much about him. But this sounds to me that LE got preliminary testing back and something is showing Haleigh as deceased.

"He's not surprised," Shoemaker said, "and [Cummings] said if you go back and listen to the 911 tape he made a comment that night about "Cousin Joe.""

Maybe Joe was the better people to call.

I just hope for Haleigh's sake the two sides of the family can come together in this and that TN lets Crystal be the one in control (if she wants to be that is). Sadly I can see this getting ugly.

:prayer: Oh Haleigh, beautiful child... I am so sorry.

These families know the media will be all over this, and they will, I'm sure, be on their best behavour. But not just for that reason; I think all those involved truly loved little Haleigh and will treat this with all the dignity and respect due that little angel.

Does anyone know if Ronald and Hope will be permitted to attend? tia

I think that for the subject of a funeral to be brought up, LE had to have found bones and told the family about it and that they were waiting for confirmation. Then someone from the family probably asked about a funeral and were told they could have the remains for the funeral when they were confirmed to be Haleigh's. I can't imagine that LE out of the blue told the family to "prepare for a funeral".

Just on the first page of this thread, but my immediate thought is that LE must have conclusive proof that Haleigh is deceased in order to tell the family to prepare for a funeral. I wonder if they found Haleigh's remains? If they did find her remains, where?

I don't think that's what LE said but they were probably trying to prepare them for the most possible worst scenario depending on what they found at their next search. The "Preparing for a funeral", I would bet came from some other people's perceptions depending at what angle you are viewing this case from. I think we'll have a name for those persons very soon.

Perhaps Shoemaker threw that funeral preparation part in there to start the ball rolling on donations for the service. JMO

I am now wondering if a certain bridge search a couple weeks ago where LE was searching for a murder weapon from a 3-year-old murder did in fact not lead them to some concrete evidence about Haleigh's demise. The timing would make sense re getting dna back etc. Anyone have a thought?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back