2010.04.17 Shoemaker says Ron and families told to prepare for funeral

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But this makes me think LE has hard evidence and/or a confession....

Are 911 calls ordinarily redacted? IDK

wasn't roy krunks in Caylee's edited for publishing? I know where he said skull was removed first.

*** Longtime Lurker alert****

I have followed the case from the start.

Maybe LE is telling them to plan the funeral to see who jumps to confess and get a "good deal" first.

Kym

That would be too cruel to those not involved -

Where's our TN webcam? j/k

Since this story of the funeral came from Ron maybe he was the only one told and he got it mixed up a little. Maybe they said it is his funeral he should be getting ready for.

Since this story of the funeral came from Ron maybe he was the only one told and he got it mixed up a little. Maybe they said it is his funeral he should be getting ready for.

Oh Fess, you are too funny!

I wonder if both sides of Haleigh's family are speaking to one another about these arrangements? GGS didn't sound like she was ready to open any dialogue, imo.

I suppose if there are no remains, they may not need to. Oh ugh, how dreadful.

I have been thinking about this for a couple of hours. First of all this seems like legal maneuvering to me. The comment by Shoemaker that Ron talked about Joe in the 911 call just set my mind to buzzing. If he did it was redacted from the tape I have heard. Is this damage control?

My thinking on this is that LE did not expect this notice to go to the paper by Ron's attorney. It almost feels like this is a force play for information. The family was asked not to disclose what they were told. Now this may force the Sheriff to come forward before they were ready to with public comments. And, what if not all of the suspects are in custody?

I know an attorney could not make such a serious statement unless it was true. So it has to be true. The confusion comes was Haleigh found?

My feeling is that LE either found a remarkable skeletal fragment such as a long bone or skull, or a container with the remains of Haleigh within it. Absent a remarkable discovery such as that, they would have to have a sworn confession from one or more of the suspects. It is also plausible that when Tommy brought investigators to the scene on Monday evening, late day whenever it was, there was a particular spot shown to LE where something was recovered. Before the search that we know of commencing Tuesday morning.

In the coming days we should see rapid developments.

This announcement coming at this time from Ron's Attorney and not LE is not sitting well with me though. I can't recall another investigation in which the family or their lawyer made this announcement. Maybe it happened but I can't remember it.

Law enforcement has worked doggedly on solving the case of Missing Haleigh. This announcement by Atty. Shoemaker is not customary nor does show a willingness to cooperate with LE process or directive. MOO

God Bless little Haleigh.

I have been thinking about this for a couple of hours. First of all this seems like legal maneuvering to me. The comment by Shoemaker that Ron talked about Joe in the 911 call just set my mind to buzzing. If he did it was redacted from the tape I have heard. Is this damage control?

My thinking on this is that LE did not expect this notice to go to the paper by Ron's attorney. It almost feels like this is a force play for information. The family was asked not to disclose what they were told. Now this may force the Sheriff to come forward before they were ready to with public comments. And, what if not all of the suspects are in custody?

I know an attorney could not make such a serious statement unless it was true. So it has to be true. The confusion comes was Haleigh found?

My feeling is that LE either found a remarkable skeletal fragment such as a long bone or skull, or a container with the remains of Haleigh within it. Absent a remarkable discovery such as that, they would have to have a sworn confession from one or more of the suspects. It is also plausible that when Tommy brought investigators to the scene on Monday evening, late day whenever it was, there was a particular spot shown to LE where something was recovered. Before the search that we know of commencing Tuesday morning.

This announcement coming at this time from Ron's Attorney and not LE is not sitting well with me though. I can't recall another investigation in which the family or their lawyer made this announcement. Maybe it happened but I can't remember it.

Law enforcement has worked doggedly on solving the case of Missing Haleigh. This announcement by Atty. Shoemaker is not customary nor does show a willingness to cooperate with LE process or directive. MOO

Grandmaj, don't we have the 911 call in its' entirety? I think we do somewhere. Seems odd now that this announcement has been exposed that RC mentions that he made a comment about Joe on the 911 tape.

PattyG, do we have it somewhere?

IF they have found lil' Haleigh and if Joe is the culprit, why does Ron still need an attorney to speak for him in this case. We don't see Misty's lawyer talking about Haleigh....or did I miss something?

God Bless Haleigh. I feel such sympathy for Jr. and Crystal. They have known all along this was not going to end well. I in hindsight with the media circus and the characters involved in this mess she has shown grace and restraint. She has been a lady in the face of overwhelming pain.

Rons attorney is for his drug bust charges......... I wonder if Crystal also knew Joe did this from the beginning? hmmm she and Ron seem to get along ok, it will be interesting how this all turns out.

Grandmaj, don't we have the 911 call in its' entirety? I think we do somewhere. Seems odd now that this announcement has been exposed that RC mentions that he made a comment about Joe on the 911 tape.

PattyG, do we have it somewhere?

Yes Patty has it and in fact it was the strangest thing. I had started a post earlier thinking maybe we should listen to that 911 call again. Then I said nah no one will be interested in rehashing the 911 call all over again so I didn't hit submit. I went to Utube and there it was by several different news agencies. I listened to it about noon today. And I never heard anything about Joe.

Maybe they have redacted portions from that tape. I just do not know.

How about this. I'll post a link to it in another thread.

Cause he may be a drug dealer, drug user, gun owner, hot-headed, foul-mouthed, ill-tempered guy who didn't want to pay Mom child support (duped Mom out of custody), but he's not a murderer.

He wasnt ordered to pay child support, he was ordered to recieve it. He is obviously not a murderer if he was not arrested or a grand jury has not indicted him yet. He is the only one in Putnam county. they are keeping them seperate for a reason I think. I hope Ron gets thru this as I am SURE losing a child has got to be the hardest task there can be... my heart hurts for him and the family, it is just pitiful.

I know an attorney could not make such a serious statement unless it was true. So it has to be true.
The confusion comes was Haleigh found?

BBM Unless Ron told him this and he doesn't know it is false? Just a thought. I don't see why Ron would say LE said that unless it were true. :waitasec:

Grandmaj, thank you for putting it all in perspective for everyone. I just have one question, and that's lawyers can embellish a clients statements I believe as well as a reporter does. Could they have been told to be prepared for the worst and that in turn became, prepare for a funeral as they don't know what they will find?

Don't get me wrong, I hope this is the answer for finding Haleigh. Her mom and family need to know.

Did Ron say this on TV?

I can't remember if it was on TV or it was reported in news articles, but it was pretty early on in the case. I also remember a video or picture of him talking to LE at the time. Wish I could be more specific. I'll see if I can find it.

Grandmaj, thank you for putting it all in perspective for everyone. I just have one question, and that's lawyers can embellish a clients statements I believe as well as a reporter does. Could they have been told to be prepared for the worst and that in turn became, prepare for a funeral as they don't know what they will find?

Don't get me wrong, I hope this is the answer for finding Haleigh. Her mom and family needs to know.

Well anything is possible. But that would be a whopper of error in communication. If indeed this was a confused words, I believe LE will rush a public statement to that effect. Just buckle your seat belts because I feel that this roller coaster is taking another deep turn. :)

So I am still not prepared for if/when the actual annoucement from LE or a family member or the media even comes about Haleigh being deceased. I think it's bad now and oh yeah theres been over a year with this possibitly being pretty strong but still.... not sure what we all here are going to do... :grouphug:

I just want to say this:

With all the WS members here who have analyzed this case to death for 14 long months, I think one of them would remember Ron saying that Joe was involved.

Being here in the beginning and having discussed JO. Speaking for myself, Ron started with "no there was never a fight with a cousin JO, leave him out of this." (words to that effect) I think it was the Geraldo interview.

Misty did start to say JO was there and Ron and Jo had a fight and it ended with Jo saying something like "You'll get yours" sorry, no known link

Ron on video corrected misty about which day JO visited the mobile home or a fight happened.

LE initially cleared JO as a suspect.

TN became the family spokes person as questions remained and did an interview stating they did have a disagreement about 2 weeks prior and Ron retrieved the gun and that was it. I'm a bit perplexed because I hid one video link upstairs in a different topic so in case there was a disagreement I could refer to it. I've since listened to the news story again describing the gun incidence from TN.

It's been re-edited and the 2-weeks prior statement from TN has been removed. :furious:

I was a basement dweller and very rarely posted upstairs.

Also people must understand there were multiple topics being discussed in the RT. So it was rare that any one topic was discussed at great length.

The RT was averaging 40 pages a day covering a high level of news stories, pressors, 200+ local RSO's, locations, mapping, custody, rumors and theories, work hours, just to mention a few.

I think everyone wanted to believe that Haleigh would be found alive and well. I for one never expected things to turn out the way they have.

Pel

Crystal supposedly made a statement to someone on the phone that Joe O. killed Haleigh. Did she hear this from LE at the family meeting. I doubt that since Joe O. has not been arrested. Since Ron was also present at that meeting, I would say she heard it from him. Ron now comes out with the statement, made through Shoemaker, that he said that on the 911 call. I listened to that call many times and I never heard Joe's name mentioned by Ron. Although Shoemaker was not at the meeting, he says that LE states that the family should plan a funeral. He also says that Ron is going into general population. It seems that Ron was kept real busy at the meeting and afterward, going so far as to spread false information to his attorney. I wont believe any of this until put forth in a statement from LE. I thought Ron looked like a pudgy shell of his former self coming out of that meeting. Not sad, not angry, not shocked, not anything.

His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, told First Coast News that Cummings and his family were advised to make funeral arrangements.

"Yeah, you can understand how Ron would be shocked at that because he's hoping it ends, but still holding hope that maybe they're wrong that maybe something else happened and this will end up as another false lead," Shoemaker said.

"He's not surprised," Shoemaker said, "and [Cummings] said if you go back and listen to the 911 tape he made a comment that night about "Cousin Joe.""

First Coast News has reviewed the 911 tape released by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. First Coast News cannot make out where Cummings mentions "Cousin Joe" Overstreet. However, some of the 911 call may have been redacted.

more here

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154906&catid=3

from TX mist. Thought this was threadworthy. IMO

Just on the first page of this thread, but my immediate thought is that LE must have conclusive proof that Haleigh is deceased in order to tell the family to prepare for a funeral. I wonder if they found Haleigh's remains? If they did find her remains, where?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back