2010.04.19 Judge Strickland IS stepping down

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way off topic, but I'm LOLverdosing on that one.

I'd be caught dead before whining about shoe pain. Especially in some hot shoes. I just deal until they're broken in. Haha. Guess I share that ego :blushing:

babycat, I didnt even have to look at your location to know you are a fine southern woman!! LOL.

I must say Mr. Hornsby, I rarely agree with you, because you always seem to be so pro-Casey and all into conspiracy theories. However I am very impressed with you today, I have actually thanked several of your comments. Thanks for your insight.

You can't accuse Hornsby of being pro anything - he gives you his point of view as a defense attorney, take it or leave it.

Hornsby has stated his views on Casey many times but some people only read what they wanna read.

You can't accuse Hornsby of being pro anything - he gives you his point of view as a defense attorney, take it or leave it.

Hornsby has stated his views on Casey many times but some people only read what they wanna read.

Im sorry I failed to put IMO, but I went back and edited it.

If anyone is interested in getting a feel for Judge Perry in action, here is an old 5 min video of him in court....

http://www.wftv.com/video/17714433/index.html

So far, I am really liking his strong, authoritive attitude and can't wait to see the first time he faces Baez....

Thanks for this Kentjbkent - It was really interesting to watch this Judge in action. He has a much more fast moving, formal and no nonsense style than JS. I noticed no one called him "Judge", there was no lingering when court ended, and he marched right on out of there.

I don't see a man like this calling MD over for any kind of a chat. And Cindy, hide your gum! I think we are about to see a case just boom along.

It really is hard to watch. I’ve had to remove myself several times and imagine I will be doing so again very soon. As I like to say, this saga is lolling in its own immensity…….to the detriment of justice.

I swear, by the time this is over, it's going to take a mini series to recap the entire case. They may have bring in James Cameron to do a four hour movie in 3D or something. It just won't fit into a one hour show. Unbelievable.

And yeah, I almost wanted to remove myself today because of what happened. But I keep thinking of Caylee, and I have to stay on until she gets justice!

OMG, I just realized this is going to be Perry vs. Mason. YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS UP!

Im sorry I failed to put IMO, but I went back and edited it.

Sorry Butterfly, not trying to have a go at you but I am so sick and tired of hearing about this pro Casey stuff.

The world is not black and white, it is grey, grey, grey unless you're sitting on a rainbow with Judge Strickland.

You know, I really felt like I was punched in the gut when I read this news. I hate to say this (please forgive me for sounding so immature) but I'm getting to the point where I completely view JB and his minions as enemies and not just lawyers doing their job. I know that's not rational but right now I'm caught up in the emotion of the moment and am very, very angry. They just filed another 4 motions and I'm sure the list will go on and on. These days, I have to remind myself more and more that this is about a sweet two-year-old and not an attorney with an over-inflated ego. Okay, I'm pouring myself a glass of wine, now.

The only saving grace was JS's order. It was scathingly brilliant! However, don't be surprised if JB & Co. go on national television to attack JS for the way he wrote the order.

BBM- I was wondering how this may play-out in the future if JB was to come before JSS again with a different client (if anyone will have him).

Can JB claim that JSS has a clear bias against him overall, based on JSS's order, that wasn't very thinly veiled, but was wonderfully witty, and well-put?
Does this pave the way for more motions like this one, whenever JSS is the presiding Judge , and JB is the bumbling defense atty in his courtroom?

TIA

ETA: Nevermind. Already asked and answered in the legal thread.

This motion is nothing more than a pissing match by Mason to assert his authority after Strickland put him in his place at Cheney Mason's coming out hearing.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I first read the motion.

I swear, by the time this is over, it's going to take a mini series to recap the entire case. They may have bring in James Cameron to do a four hour movie in 3D or something. It just won't fit into a one hour show. Unbelievable.

And yeah, I almost wanted to remove myself today because of what happened. But I keep thinking of Caylee, and I have to stay on until she gets justice!

OMG, I just realized this is going to be Perry vs. Mason. YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS UP!
:applause:
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

BBM...wow. you really can't make this up!! Holy crap!

This is exactly what I was thinking when I first read the motion.

And yet the one honorable man in that courtroom who wasn't taking part in the pissing contest, is now gone!

This has probably already been answered but I took it to be a "pinching of the shoe" reference. Nobody knows the pain of a man who is being pinched by his own shoe for the sake of his pride or ego. JM interpretation, I could be very wrong.

I found this expression (googled) used by Thomas Carlyle, a "moral pinching of the shoe". You clarified it. Thanks!

This means one could infer that this was one hell of a smackdown. CM may be cunning, but he lacks wit. I wonder if he grasps its import. Judge Strickland certainly has his number!

BBM- I was wondering how this may play-out in the future if JB was to come before JSS again with a different client (if anyone will have him).

Can JB claim that JSS has a clear bias against him overall, based on JSS's order, that wasn't very thinly veiled, but was wonderfully witty, and well-put?
Does this pave the way for more motions like this one, whenever JSS is the presiding Judge , and JB is the bumbling defense atty in his courtroom?

TIA

I really don't think this will be an issue in the future. I don't see JB practicing law for too much longer. He has committed moral, ethical and criminal violations.. "The time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end"...(credit to Gladiator)

You pretty much nailed what had been my thoughts. This motion is nothing more than a pissing match by Mason to assert his authority after Strickland put him in his place at Cheney Mason's coming out hearing.
This is one of the reason's why I dislike attorneys...present company excluded, of course : )

ETA: ...and all the attorneys in my family (kinda)

You pretty much nailed what had been my thoughts. This motion is nothing more than a pissing match by Mason to assert his authority after Strickland put him in his place at Cheney Mason's coming out hearing.

So what do you think Mason will do when Perry puts him in his place?

BMM

omg...ROFLMAO!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

He wouldn't. That would be taken as unduly influencing the presiding judge and could result in a mistrial or appeal. he has said exactly what he needed to say. He will probably fade from the scene of this trial in the courtroom.

However I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a few new bar complaints show up regarding the defense team. And you can almost guarantee he will probably show up in person for any bar hearings regarding JB etc. Those don't have a direct or appealble impact on the case.

I wonder if since he has left the case it would be permissable for him to do some TV talking head work?
Do we know what the outcome was of his (JS) last bar complaint?

Do we know what the outcome was of his (JS) last bar complaint?

JS filed another bar complaint? When what was it about? Was it about what was in Casey's letters about JB and passing contraband?

I just read the motion by the Honorable Judge Strickland and I must say the MAN uses words like an artist uses paint! Bravo Judge Strickland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV