2010.05.07 Ronald Cummings Bond Reduction & Nebbia Hearing Canceled!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to someone from News4Jax through email about the hearing This AM. Not sure why they would not allow cameras inside, but they will be there and they will give us an update. This is part of the email from this AM.

So News4jax is saying it has NOT been cancelled? Great ! Thanks

it is possible that after the bond amounts of yesterday's arrests became public knowledge, ron's lawyers tried to get an emergency reduction hearing, looking to get something in the $7000 range, but the State Attorney's Office has put the kabosh on it this morning

I can't find a link, but I remember reading that LP said he offered to bail Ron out, but LE asked him not to.

Unless something has changed in the last month or two, I don't see his bond getting reduced.

What an interesting turn of events if this hearing is cancelled. If it is, I'm sooooo hoping something else has popped up!

Pretty darn fitting, though, isn't it? That in this case we can't even get a straight answer whether or not a hearing has been cancelled or not.

Wonder if Mizz Nancy will be sittin in the front row . . . . .

I think the sole reason LP will bail out Ron is to make Misty JEALOUS and get her talking again. That girl will be fit to be tied knowing LP was willing to bail her out and IMO not bright enough to keep her mouth shut....!

:waitasec: The more I think about it you may be right. I couldn't understand why anyone would spend the money to bond him out when he has court next week on the 13th and will probably be sent straight to prison. Now I am thinking that if he does get out his hearing will be delayed. Give him some free time to mess with Misty's head. Misty will be livid that Padilla got Ronald out instead and she just may start talking. IMO, I feel that LP put the same stipulations on him that he did on Misty and Tommy.
:waitasec: I wonder what info Ronald shared?

Also, I think in Misty and Tommy's conditions it was said that they would have to be on an ankle monitor and watched very very closely from what Tommy told Lyndsey in one of his jail visits.

Cummings seeking bond reduction in drug case
"Snip" http://www.gainesville.com/article/...=Cummings-seeking-bond-reduction-in-drug-case
Staff report

Published: Friday, May 7, 2010 at 9:58 a.m.

Ronald Cummings, has requested a hearing today to consider reducing his bond on drug trafficking charges, according to the 7th Circuit State Attorney's Office.

Cummings, 26, is charged with five counts of trafficking narcotics, with bond set at $900,000. A reduction hearing is set for 2 p.m. in Putnam County, but a possibility exists it could be canceled, said Chris Kelly, spokesman for the State Attorney's Office.

:waitasec: The more I think about it you may be right. I couldn't understand why anyone would spend the money to bond him out when he has court next week on the 13th and will probably be sent straight to prison. Now I am thinking that if he does get out his hearing will be delayed. Give him some free time to mess with Misty's head. Misty will be livid that Padilla got Ronald out instead and she just may start talking. IMO, I feel that LP put the same stipulations on him that he did on Misty and Tommy.
:waitasec: I wonder what info Ronald shared?

Also, I think in Misty and Tommy's conditions it was said that they would have to be on an ankle monitor and watched very very closely from what Tommy told Lyndsey in one of his jail visits.

I wonder if Ron gets out....and they "loose track of him" ;) Can they pick up cousin Joe and place him in protective custody? Like a hotel room... Wonder if he talks as much as Misty and Tommy? Would be very interesting to hear what he has to say and nail down his version of events.

OK so it is almost 1pm in FLA. We should know shortly if there is a hearing or not.

Cummings seeking bond reduction in drug case
"Snip" http://www.gainesville.com/article/...=Cummings-seeking-bond-reduction-in-drug-case
Staff report

Published: Friday, May 7, 2010 at 9:58 a.m.

Ronald Cummings, has requested a hearing today to consider reducing his bond on drug trafficking charges, according to the 7th Circuit State Attorney's Office.

Cummings, 26, is charged with five counts of trafficking narcotics, with bond set at $900,000. A reduction hearing is set for 2 p.m. in Putnam County, but a possibility exists it could be canceled, said Chris Kelly, spokesman for the State Attorney's Office.
This probably has been answered somewhere, but as Ron's assault charges are still on the docket, didn't he violate the previous bond with the drug trafficking arrests? So, technically, shouldn't be be on no bond re the assault. I am, obviously confused.

Just because someone requests a bond reduction hearing...does not mean bond will be reduced, does it?

Just because someone requests a bond reduction hearing...does not mean bond will be reduced, does it?

Typically and in my opinion, yes..it usually is....especially for drugs and trafficking

Has anyone found anything in the papers about this being a go or not?

Not sure if it will help but I dug up a reference for ya. Donna B's motion was denied. Less charges than RC. here is how it went.

http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/...t=brock,+donna&ps=50&m=name&s=4&caseid=192641

snip~ 4/6/2010

ACKNOWLEDGMENT FILED
4/6/2010 FELONY JURY TRIAL SET FOR 06/21/2010 AT 9:00 AM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W
4/6/2010 FELONY DOCKET CALL SET FOR 06/15/2010 AT 9:00 AM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W
3/10/2010 SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY/WITNESS LIST
2/22/2010 ORDER ON DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR REDUCTION OF BAIL (DENIED)
2/17/2010 MOTION FOR BOND (NEBBIA HEARING) - TAKE IT UNDER ADVISEMENT

2/10/2010 ACKNOWLEDGMENT FILED
2/10/2010 FELONY HEARING SET FOR 02/17/2010 AT 1:30 PM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W
2/10/2010 CRIM BOND HEARING SET FOR 02/17/2010 AT 1:30 PM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W
2/10/2010 ACKNOWLEDGMENT FILED
2/10/2010 FELONY PRETRIAL SET FOR 04/06/2010 AT 9:00 AM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W
2/8/2010 NOTICE MAILED TO ATTORNEY (DEFENDANT)
2/8/2010 FELONY ARRAIGNMENT SET FOR 03/08/2010 AT 1:30 PM IN 328/ , JDG: BERGER, WENDY W
2/5/2010 DEMAND FOR RECIPROCAL DISCLOSURE
2/5/2010 STATE'S DISCOVERY EXHIBIT
2/5/2010 PROSECUTOR: ROYS, JACQUELYN ASSIGNED
END

Read ST Johns docket up instead of down. 2/17 motion for nebbia bail reduction , then 2/27 motion was denied. FWIW

OK so it is almost 1pm in FLA. We should know shortly if there is a hearing or not.

:banghead: Something fishy going on IMO. This makes no sense.
It has been canceled!
New4Jax will have an update at 5PM. I am totally confused as to why it was not on the docket yesterday and suddenly appears on there this morning and now it's canceled. I understand that Ron has priors and maybe that is the reason why he can't be released on bond, but you would think his attorney would know that right? Why would he even file the motion to reduce it? Hmmm....not sure what to think, this case is the strangest ever! At least that I have followed anyway.

OK Thanks. So for whatever reason the Hearing has been canceled. I'm going to close this thread since there is no hearing at this time.

If a newspaper comes out with a reason for the cancelation we can revisit that in a new thread I'm online at work just drop me a note 10-4?.

Thanks everyone for being on top of this. Goshhhh I had hoped we would have some news. :banghead: Keep your eyes open and let me know if something comes about about the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme