2010.05.13 -Ronald & Hank Jr. Hearing: Ron negotiating for 15yr sentence, Trial 7/19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, except he has a record going back since the time Misty was 10 years old. They will show the tapes of Ron asking for powder and admitting he likes to get high, and how he will eat the pills himself. They will watch him count out the pills and give them to Misty the mule to hold. They will show the tape where he instructs Misty to do some weird drug transaction in a public bathroom when the drugs were in the car with her and the UC the whole time. He can produce any letters from Annette till the cows come home, her word means nothing and the State would expect nothing less from a letter from a "concerned biased party" aka Annette. They will show his tape where he knows that drug boys didnt get his girl, even though she got stole by someone, hes not supposed to know anything.

But he can try. I have never, ever heard in Rons case that the State offered him a 15 year sentence and he was mulling it over, it seems to be what Ron thinks he should get since thats what Hope got. Hes in for such a rude awakening.

jmo

[BBM]

My wager would be that this is the charge they throw out, so no tape.

[BBM]

My wager would be that this is the charge they throw out, so no tape.
We've seen video of two transactions, but they are all on tape. The others might be even more incriminating, if that's possible.

We've seen video of two transactions, but they are all on tape. The others might be even more incriminating, if that's possible.

Could be, but you can bet Shoemaker is working to get the most incriminating thrown out for Ronald.

BTW Bessie, thank you for the many links in your post above on the Mandatory Minimum sentencing. It's very interesting reading. Although Florida has a Federal Safety Valve for the mandatory minimums, it looks like there are none on the state level other than perhaps Drug Court/Mental Health Court or the State's Attorney amendment of charges. My, what a powerful position the DA has in that state.

I dont think any of his charges are going to get dropped if hes taking this to trial.

I will eat a ten gallon hat if Mr. Cummings takes this to trial. It aint gonna happen, imo. He may take it to the wire, but I just don't think he will go through with it.

do you know why we haven't seen all of the tapes? Is there a legal reason?

Respectfully snipped:
Maybe I'm seeing things differently, because her looks have changed so much, but Misty's demeanor at her last court appearance was eerie!

I guess I missed this...Can you explain her eerie demeanor? TIA!

[I]Knowing rc's personality, I am thinking his greatest concern right now is to make sure he gets sentenced last. Anything else, he will lose it, in fact that position might mean more to him than his sentence. He will negotiate till the cows come home for positioning. He thinks he is "King of the Hill" and has always played that card. He is gaging his game plan on what the others get and say. rc is the ultimate "player". I hope and pray that the State doesn't play his game. I would love to see him go down before the others and not have the chance to use the sympathy card which I am sure Shoemaker and his family are working.[/I]

Whisperer...I would love that, too! Continuances are granted for some petty reasons sometimes. He or his attorney will come up with something to put his next court date out to August or later. Like you, I hope they do not succeed. Hopefully the judge will see through their tactics and demand a good reason for any further continuances or delays. It's time to totally take away RC's ability to call the shots.

[I]Knowing rc's personality, I am thinking his greatest concern right now is to make sure he gets sentenced last. Anything else, he will lose it, in fact that position might mean more to him than his sentence. He will negotiate till the cows come home for positioning. He thinks he is "King of the Hill" and has always played that card. He is gaging his game plan on what the others get and say. rc is the ultimate "player". I hope and pray that the State doesn't play his game. I would love to see him go down before the others and not have the chance to use the sympathy card which I am sure Shoemaker and his family are working.[/I]
I've never had any dealings with these kinds of legal issues, but I can only imagine the panic & fear...so, I don't blame anybody for pulling out all of the stops. Really? I don't want to see Ronald going to the pen, for a long time. not for this. & even the 15 years, he's scrambling for, is a long time. By then, some of the players will be dead from old age, Jr. will be grown, & these young dummies, will be middle aged. ya know? & for what? pills??? But, I don't want to see Ron get an equal or lesser sentence, than the others. It shouldn't come down to who has money for a lawyer, who has the best game plan, or who says the right things in front of the judge. He should be able to see through that fakeness, because let me tell you something, & some may not agree, but Ron is nice looking, he's a charmer, & he's not stupid. Out of this whole bunch, he's gonna come across the best, & Misty with her combatitive self, isn't gonna fare so well. I've learned that LE, judges, etc...are sexist & don't care for smart mouthed females. A guy can be much more vocal. Hope went in with too many strikes against her. That phone call shouldn't even have been played. I know they CAN, but it was used to prejudice the judge-& it worked. I'm sure a good lawyer would have played a counter recording, to show that Hope had 'changed her ways', & had been acting out, because of immaturity & fear.

The only way I see a judge being lenient on Ron, is if Crystal stands behind him, in court or through a letter. I have no idea what her feelings are, but as the mother of Ron's son, I would think she'd have some power with a judge.

I don't care what he goes to prison for at this point. I am glad that jr will be grown. His influence on this young boy would be disastrous so when he goes away and it is what has to happen, so be it..

Frankly, he would do much better in prison then on the street but that is not why I care and I wish he would not like prison but I think he will.

I have read the custody report and know what he is capable of. My instincts tell me that rc is a "player'/ criminal and reading it assures me he is. His being behind bars is the best thing that could happen to his children. It scares the bejeesies out of me to think what he would do to both Crystal and Jr.

I hope they lock him up and throw the key away. No sympathy for rc coming from me...nope.

Well, this is JMO but I can't see that RC is nice looking in any way. It's a matter of taste I suppose but I don't even like doing research into the case because it often brings up his photo and to me he is just not easy on the eyes.

But that's not what this is about, of course.

I do want to see them go way for a long time. Maybe not 25 years...but they need to serve a good chunk of time, IMO. It's seems to be the only way they will wise up.

My half-brother abused alcohol and was arrested numerous times for DUI. He kept getting a slap on the wrist, paid a few fines, and then just went out and did it all over again. This went on and on...and on, until the day he hurt four people (two if them were young children) in an accident while driving drunk. He got 15 years in state prison, served about 9 years and was then released. He has not been in any trouble of any kind since. Really, he won't even litter now!

It takes a harsh reality to open some people's eyes. IMO, Ron, Misty and Tommy need that reality.

Well, this is JMO but I can't see that RC is nice looking in any way. It's a matter of taste I suppose but I don't even like doing research into the case because it often brings up his photo and to me he is just not easy on the eyes.

I do want to see them go way for a long time. Maybe not 25 years...but they need to serve a good chunk of time, IMO. It's seems to be the only way they will wise up.

My half-brother abused alcohol and was arrested numerous times for DUI. He kept getting a slap on the wrist, paid a few fines, and then just went out and did it all over again. This went on and on...and on, until the day he hurt four people (two if them were young children) in an accident while driving drunk. He got 15 years in state prison, served about 9 years and was then released. He has not been in any trouble of any kind since. Really, he won't even litter now!

It takes a harsh reality to open some people's eyes. IMO, Ron, Misty and Tommy need that reality.
yeah, but LE needs to give them a dose of Haleigh reality. The rest of this, is just a chess game. to all of them.

It looks like LE believes they have the responsible parties for Haleigh behind bars....and there are many. Ron is not giving up anything about Haleigh untill he hears from others...and only if it would help him. To use Ron's own words, "Let em Fry!"

None of them have told the truth yet so they all must play a part at some level. That jail must be hoppin about now. WBG and all the rest of the druggies rc knows and has ratted on, all in the same building....Gotta love it!! LMAO!

These people aren't gonna solve this case, for LE. They've all made that clear...so, LE's gonna have to do it themselves. How sure were they again? It was a big %. When they solve it, if Ron was really uninvolved, I'll have no problem with him or any of the other innocents, striking deals. Truthfully, these drug charges don't mean much to me. & except for how their drug uses, affected Haleigh's life & death, their drug uses don't mean much to me, either. We all, already knew they were a bunch of drug abusers. But, for the life of me, I don't see how they all kept from losing custody. & not just Ron. how about Tommy? Why were those kids left in his house?

except for the jewelry, (& I can't imagine him wearing that into court), Ron is a decent looking fellow. especially, now that he has filled out that skinny frame. & compared to Tommy, he looks downright respectable. I understand what you're saying, because I hate that smiling mugshot, the most, but I'm trying to see them through an objective eye.

Tommy didn't have any record with drugs and not much anything before misty met rc. TC admitted to using pot and his web page certainly reflected that. I thought he worked as a Dry Wall Installer but who knows for how long. At the end of 2008, he was in some serious financial trouble according to the County of Volusia.

Now rc was always in trouble with drugs and that is the big question of why he got to keep the kids. He even got to keep them when he threatened harming himself and using a gun to show he was sincere by putting it in his mouth. I have come to the conclusion that his GMA was a major reason he got the kids and kept them. TN also gave good addys and claimed to live with him, which of course she didn't. DCF is not a good program and that goes for every State, not just Florida.

But will all the drug arrests that rc has come into play in sentencing? Not if Shoemaker can help it. Will TC's clean record prior to Haleigh come into play? Doubt it.

Tommy didn't have any record with drugs and not much anything before misty met rc. TC admitted to using pot and his web page certainly reflected that. I thought he worked as a Dry Wall Installer but who knows for how long. At the end of 2008, he was in some serious financial trouble according to the County of Volusia.

Now rc was always in trouble with drugs and that is the big question of why he got to keep the kids. He even got to keep them when he threatened harming himself and using a gun to show he was sincere by putting it in his mouth. I have come to the conclusion that his GMA was a major reason he got the kids and kept them. TN also gave good addys and claimed to live with him, which of course she didn't. DCF is not a good program and that goes for every State, not just Florida.

But will all the drug arrests that rc has come into play in sentencing? Not if Shoemaker can help it. Will TC's clean record prior to Haleigh come into play? Doubt it.

His drug arrests will be totally irrelevant at sentencing. Only convictions matter and then only a teeny tiny bit - and only if they were considering whether he's amenable to probation.

I wonder though, in my state they can resolve a case with a "Stay of Abjudication" or a "Stay of Imposition". What these mean is, in effect, if a person pays the fine and behaves themselve for 6 months, or a year, then it's not listed as a crime conviction once that period is up. I don't know what Florida labels these things but this kind of treatment could explain why there is so many arrests and no convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teemariee