2010.06.09 Prosecutors File for 911 Calls to Come into Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the version filed with the clerk - did a quick skim and it looked the same, I did not look at every word though. Those of you that have the time may want to do so. :)

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4453441...se-Regarding-Admissibility-of-911-Calls_FILED

Also put it on the Motions thread, along with the 6/21 Court Minutes and 6/22 Provision of Discovery. :)

Thanks so much! I also did a comparison, and found no differences in the docs. Mason makes references to recently taken depos, yet the defense has not even requested transcripts of these yet. Will they need these before July 15th, or would they just have those witnesses appear to testify in person?

I also detect a few other irregularities with some of the statements that Mason has in his response. Twisting or mis-reciting of events, I think. :waitasec:

Respectfully snipped:

At the 1:27 mark:

Cindy: George, Caylee is missing
George: What?
Cindy: Caylee is missing. Casey says Zanny took her a month ago.

At the 1:50 mark:

The operator is asking to speak to Casey and Cindy yells, "I'm on the phone with them" (not to the operator but to somene in room, the only person it could be is George because Lee was already there and knew she was calling). Apparently she handed the phone off to Casey then Cindy said, "I called them two hours ago, they haven't gotten here" (again, she must be talking to George, Lee already knew). Casey finally admitted Zanny took her a month ago and she's been trying to find her.

George may wiggle his way out of this one and say he wasn't there when the phone call was made but came in after the call was already in progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hW5idawr3I

IMO

Thank you much, jon!

I can't believe it is 2 yrs. later and I am just now realizing that exchange!
thud-1.gif

in re. the first bold: When I first listened, I thought 'maybe she has GA on her cell while speaking to the 911 operator from the land line'. But I listened closely again and I definetly heard George's "What?!?". He was absolutely in that house at that point.

in re. the 2nd bold: you are probably spot on with that assessment and it could be a fact that he arrived after CA had initiated the call, however....come on! GA should have disclosed that. :tsktsk:

Good lord have mercy...the lying NEVER ends with these people. About anything. I swear I just don't get it....how on earth do any of the Anthonys think they are going to have an ounce of credibility? :shakehead:

Makes me want to go read & listen to the OLD initial GA statements. :bang:

I know we are allowed to digitally record depos here in Texas, I assume that is what Cheney did, and I would hope to God he played it back over and over to assure himself what he thinks he remembers is what the Gentiva employees testified to in the depo , before he would start dictating a motion to be typed up.

I think this asking for a hearing where witnesses may be called was a huge, huge mistake. Can you imagine, the state getting Cindy on the stand to question, or even Cindy getting offended at the tone of a question even the defense asks of her? For either side, she is going to be no perfect, respectable, forthcoming witness. The judge is not going to accept any nonsense on her part. The defense is giving the state a trial run at her as it were. For what result? Do they ever consider the pros and cons before they make a decision?

I'll tell ya who needs a status hearing....the defense team!!!!

If the folks that Cheney wishes to call to the stand pull a Joe Jordan simply do not show up, including Mom, what then?

Thank you so much Muzikman, I printed both, the documents are identical, how or why it was filed after the fact, is anyone's guess. That is the least of Cheney's worries, he has real things to worry about in this document.

Let's count the incorrect facts Mr Mason puts forth:

The car was NOT "in the impound lot with the police department".

Cindy did NOT go into the car at the tow yard.

According to George's LE statement, Cindy said to him "Jesus Christ, what died?" when the car was at home. If, as Cheney says coworkers say, "George told her the car smelled like a dead body had been in it." That is just extra special, but the point is she thought and said those words too. She also relayed that to Amy. Did Cheney read any of the police statements folks made, any of them?:sick:

Cindy went home and found Amy's phone number - IN CASEY'S CAR!!! Ya think she might have smelled the dead body then???:furious:

It was not an OCSO substation, it was an Orlando PD substation.

The second call was made at home, not in the car.:banghead:

Cheney apparently does NOT understand that the excited utterance was made immediately after Cindy learned for the FIRST TIME that Caylee had been "Kidnapped!!!":banghead:

Good lord, guys! You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!:snooty:

Wonder how the , how was your trip Jose phone call is going?

I don't recall if I posted it in this thread or the Status hearing thread, but please excuse me and forget that I ever posted where I opined that maybe he had more on the ball that JB.
rightsneek.gif

First 911 call: http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/caylee911orlando.mp3

Second 911 Call: http://investigation.discovery.com/blogs/criminal-report/audio/01CayleeAnthony911.mp3

Third 911 call: http://investigation.discovery.com/blogs/criminal-report/audio/02CayleeAnthony911.mp3

Cindy called 911 first time; July 15, 2008 (8:08pm)

Grandmother: Hi I drove to a police department here on Pershing but you guys are closed. I need to bring someone in the police department, can you tell me where I can, the closest one I can come into?
Police: What are you trying to accomplish by bringing them to the station?
Grandmother: I have a 22-year old person that has grand theft sitting in my auto with me.
Police: So the 22-year old person stole something?
Grandmother: Yes
Police: Is this a relative?
Police: Where did they steal it from:
Grandmother: Umm my car and also money

Police: Ok is this your son?
Grandmother: Daughter
Police: Ok, so your daughter stole money from your car
Grandmother: No, my car was stolen we retrieved it today we found out where it was
retrieved it I’ve got that and I’ve got affidavits from my banking account I want to bring her in

[They didn’t know which jurisdiction Cindy was in – she was sitting in station parking lot. Cindy drove back to the house with Casey. Lee came and they talked to Casey for 45 minutes. Cindy wanted to know where Caylee was.]

Cindy Called 911 - 2nd time (8:44pm)
Police: 911 what’s the address of happening?
Grandmother: Umm I have someone here that I need to umm be arrested in my home. I have a possible missing child, there’s a 3-year-old that’s been missing for a month.
Police: A 3 year old?
Police: Have you reported that?
Grandmother: I’m trying to do that right now maam

[Cindy heard Lee and Casey talking, Casey crying. Casey said Caylee was kidnapped]

Cindy called 911 3rd time (9:41pm)

Police: 911 what’s your emergency?
Grandmother: crying .... I called a little bit ago, ...... the deputy – I found out my granddaughter has been taken, she has been missing for a month, her mother finally admitted that she’s been missing – get someone here NOW –
Police: OK, what is the address that your’re calling from?
Grandmother: We’re talkin about a 3 year old little girl – my daughter finally admitted that the babysitter stole her – I need to find her!
Police: your daughter admitted that the baby is where?
Grandmother: that the babysitter took her a month ago – that my daughter has been looking for her – I told you that my daughter was missing for a month – I just found her today, but I can’t find my granddaughter – she just admitted to me that she’s been trying to find her herself – there’s something wrong – I found my daughter’s car today, and it smells like there’s been a dead body in the damn car

Thanks ThinkTank for posting this! Seems as if Mason may be mistaken on the times of the calls, as he's written in his latest Response.

Thank you so much Muzikman, I printed both, the documents are identical, how or why it was filed after the fact, is anyone's guess. That is the least of Cheney's worries, he has real things to worry about in this document.

According to George's LE statement, Cindy said to him "Jesus Christ, what died?" when the car was at home. If, as Cheney says coworkers say, "George told her the car smelled like a dead body had been in it." That is just extra special, but the point is she thought and said those words too. She also relayed that to Amy. Did Cheney read any of the police statements folks made, any of them?:sick:

Cindy went home and found Amy's phone number - IN CASEY'S CAR!!! Ya think she might have smelled the dead body then???:furious:

Cheney apparently does NOT understand that the excited utterance was made immediately after Cindy learned for the FIRST TIME that Caylee had been "Kidnapped!!!":banghead:

Oh My how interesting!!! LMAO!!

Clearly, it is Mr. Mason that needs to "spool up" on this case, and not HHJP!!! LOLOL......much to the chagrin of the defense cheer squad LOL! JMO....

thank you so much muzikman, i printed both, the documents are identical, how or why it was filed after the fact, is anyone's guess. That is the least of cheney's worries, he has real things to worry about in this document.

Let's count the incorrect facts mr mason puts forth:

The car was not "in the impound lot with the police department".

Cindy did not go into the car at the tow yard.

According to george's le statement, cindy said to him "jesus christ, what died?" when the car was at home. If, as cheney says coworkers say, "george told her the car smelled like a dead body had been in it." that is just extra special, but the point is she thought and said those words too. She also relayed that to amy. Did cheney read any of the police statements folks made, any of them?:sick:

Cindy went home and found amy's phone number - in casey's car!!! Ya think she might have smelled the dead body then???:furious:

It was not an ocso substation, it was an orlando pd substation.

Cheney apparently does not understand that the excited utterance was made immediately after cindy learned for the first time that caylee had been "kidnapped!!!":banghead:

Wonder how the , how was your trip jose phone call is going?

geoge never said to cindy that it smelled like a dead body was in the car.....ever...........

CINDY SAID '' WHAT DIED..............GEORGE SAID IT WAS THE PIZZA, TO PLACATE HIS WIFE........................:innocent:

I don't recall if I posted it in this thread or the Status hearing thread, but please excuse me and forget that I ever posted where I opined that maybe he had more on the ball that JB.
rightsneek.gif

No worries there Beach2... everyone deserves one "tiptoe out quietly" post. And many of us need more than one. And you have completely bamfoozled me in re:the question of Cheney v Baez: Who Has More On The Ball?

CINDY SAID '' WHAT DIED..............GEORGE SAID IT WAS THE PIZZA, TO PLACATE HIS WIFE........................ SHE SAID J.C WHAT DIED? GEORGE REPLIED IT WAS THE PIZZA, numerous sources are on this board. LOOK FOR THEM

Thank you much, jon!

I can't believe it is 2 yrs. later and I am just not realizing that exchange!
thud-1.gif

in re. the first bold: When I first listened, I thought 'maybe she has GA on her cell while speaking to the 911 operator from the land line'. But I listened closely again and I definetly heard George's "What?!?". He was absolutely in that house at that point.

in re. the 2nd bold: you are probably spot on with that assessment and it could be a fact that he arrived after CA had initiated the call, however....come on! GA should have disclosed that. :tsktsk:

Good lord have mercy...the lying NEVER ends with these people. About anything. I swear I just don't get it....how on earth do any of the Anthonys think they are going to have an ounce of credibility? :shakehead:

Makes me want to go read & listen to the OLD initial GA statements. :bang:

FWIW, you maybe interested in the following thread. Worked out George's arrival on the scene @ 9:41:24 PM. IIRC, and as indicated in the linked post below, IIRC, George did state to LE that Cindy was in the garage crying and on the phone when he arrived.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4643174&postcount=89"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Events Post-911 Calls 7/15 to Arrest 7/16[/ame]

HTH. ;)

I went out for pizza with my 20 year old grandson last night when it occurred to me that when since the beginning of time has there ever been any pizza left over when there are 20 plus year old men involved. It is just impracticable to believe it is possible. LOL

Here you go friend, he said that and more. It amused me so, I at one time had the video in my signature line of him mocking the defense team.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

Attorneys Discuss Trial Options In Casey Anthony Murder Case ...
defense attorney Cheney Mason said. .... You have George (Anthony, Casey Anthony's father), who used to be a deputy, and says it smelled like a .
www.clickorlando.com/news/18025942/detail.html - Cached - Similar
If the case did get to a jury, Pipitone asked Mason if he thought her attorneys would put her on the stand.

"Knowing what I know at this time, there's not a snowball's chance you know where I put her on the witness stand," Mason said.

"Why is that?" Pipitone said.

"Well, because there's so much to cross-examine her about," Mason said.

Thank you for providing that, TWA. Briefly posting from work, I had since left the board and hadn't seen the request.

On another note, I can hardly even believe the gross errors in the filing from the Defense! :doh: We're used to the sloppiness of Baez, but apparently the 'disease' has traveled amongst the entire team! Absolutely unbelievable!

http://www.richardhornsby.com/blog/...-Reply-to-State-Motion-to-Admit-911-Calls.pdf

BBM
1. I find it curious as to WHY Cheney failed to state How or Where Cindy found Amy's phone number...Amy's resume with her phone number was in the car ...she had to get into the car to have found the resume and also to retrieve the items she washed N'EST PAS? IMO

Point C (page 2) of the Motion
Cheney states Cindy made arrangements with George to go to the Bank to get money to pay for the release of the car..
:waitasec: I do not remember this, did this happen?
IIRC on June 24th GA said he and Cindy went to the bank together and then he went back home and Casey showed up soon after..
IIRC on July 15, the day they arranged to go to the impound lot, Cindy was arguing with the Clerk at the impound lot about paying to have the car released...:waitasec:

Can someone refresh my memory?

Here you go friend, he said that and more. It amused me so, I at one time had the video in my signature line of him mocking the defense team.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18268796/detail.html

Defense attorney Cheney Mason said claims made by Casey Anthony and Baez that Caylee was alive will now work against them at trial.

"Then all the talking, all the press interviews and the parents going on this show and that show and the lawyer going on different shows establishes they have no credibility whatsoever," Mason said.

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life," Mason said.

Attorneys Discuss Trial Options In Casey Anthony Murder Case ...
defense attorney Cheney Mason said. .... You have George (Anthony, Casey Anthony's father), who used to be a deputy, and says it smelled like a .
www.clickorlando.com/news/18025942/detail.html - Cached - Similar
If the case did get to a jury, Pipitone asked Mason if he thought her attorneys would put her on the stand.

"Knowing what I know at this time, there's not a snowball's chance you know where I put her on the witness stand," Mason said.

"Why is that?" Pipitone said.

"Well, because there's so much to cross-examine her about," Mason said.
Thank you so much TWA!

http://www.richardhornsby.com/blog/...-Reply-to-State-Motion-to-Admit-911-Calls.pdf

Point D
Did George and Cindy drive separately and meet at the impound lot? Or did they drive together in Cindy's vehicle since George drove the white Pontiac home?.

Was it GA OR GA and CA who discovered in the car the baby car seat, the back pack and the baby doll? I thought it was only GA and the tow yard guy who went to the vehicle.
Anyone?

Point D
Did George and Cindy drive separately and meet at the impound lot? Or did they drive together in Cindy's vehicle since George drove the white Pontiac home?.

Was it GA OR GA and CA who discovered in the car the baby car seat, the back pack and the baby doll? I thought it was only GA and the tow yard guy who went to the vehicle.
Anyone?

They arrived together--ca took their car home and ga drove kc car home.....with the windows open due to the smell

Is this the 3rd 911 call??? If so, I need to take another listen because I don't recall hearing the exchange with GA...

It is there as the call progresses and before she puts Casey on, you here her say George Caylee, George (crying hysterically) Caylee and George Caylee is missing and george says "what".

George denies being there when she is on the phone with 911. It is clear he was there at the tail end and says he grabbed Cindy who was hysterical - Lee also had to hold Cindy.

Does that sound improvised. We can all tune in while Judge Perry once again DENIES the defenses motions for lack of intelligence for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213