2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terri is out of the house. Just heard on NW News Channel 8. More in a minute.

I had a feeling she'd get the Saturday till 3pm but, leave during the night to avoid media...but, if this is true...she actually left during the light of day.

:waitasec:I thought it was innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Thankfully only in a court of law.

I will point my finger at the person I feel is responsible, but I'm very aware of all the innocent people in jail. In fact, that's why I am anti-DP. Too many innocents killed. I'm open to ideas, give me a clue that she is innocent here!

In the Fox case they grilled him until he cracked AND ignored the obvious evidence around them that he was innocent. In Jaycee Dugard's case the poor stepfather gave them a description as best he could, which turned out to be pretty accurate, and they brushed it off and he lived under a cloud of suspicion until she was found.

IMO this case is very different. She has not, AFAIK, provided ANYTHING to show someone else did it. She also wasn't grilled for 16 hrs and denied a lawyer. The hinky meter here is off the charts.

Maybe Terri knows she won't be around to parent her baby. I still have an ominous feeling that she may take her own life. Her marriage is over, her children are gone and her reputation ruined. What else does she have to live for?

I think she's too narcissistic. Underneath that everyday "mom" look is the bodybuilder from the past.

Time for me to go back into hiding. :)

First, people said "Well, there has yet to be a hearing so I don't yet believe she is giving up custody." Then it was, "Well the media is reporting this but I don't trust the media" (even though her own attorney was cited as the source). Now it's that surely she will be fighting for custody sometime soon in the future.
Listen, i predicted she would not fight the requested orders, the RO petition, because she cannot. Because responding to the allegations would open her up to self-incrimination in the context of a criminal case. If she is guilty of something criminal, that is. Now I am going to predict something else: She will not be fighting for any rights to her daughter, to seeing her infant child, anytime in the near future. Her baby, for whom she was the primary parent as a stay-at-home mother, is now without a mommy, put in daycare and cannot even see her mom for a few hours in a supervised setting now and then. But mom's fears about potential criminal charges make this irrelevant to TH when compared to what could come.
I respect everyone's opinions here. There is a lot of intelligence on the part of every poster which is why I love websleuths so much. But I can't get past this and I still am not fully comprehending why some can.
The bottom line is that failing to fight such a custody request makes it very difficult to go back into court to change the orders. People just can't go back in and say, "Hey, I changed my mind." A real good reason why the order should be changed must be shown and she can't use the "my kid misses me" excuse because that was the case when she agreed to relinquish custody. JMO.

I am sorry but are you trying to convince me of this?
I never said the media was wrong. Nore did I say I didn't believe she gave it up.
I stated JMO and what I would hope she would do and what I would personally do. Not what she would or she should but what I THOUGHT she would do.

and YES people Can go back and say I want to now file for rights and or custody People do it every single day in the USA. They have that right as long as they have rights as parents and believe it or not people win in court regaining some and sometimes all of custody . All she has to show is the reason she did not file for the custody then ( Had no funds , No place to live, No job) Etc Etc SHe would just need to show the judge why she did not do it before. She could say she feared for K's life as she was being threatened there is a whole list of things she could say.. If they are true or not I dont know because I am not her and I am only seeing what is posted on the web.

Listen I think she is guilty but just by what I've read on the net as I don't know her . I don't live her life. I've never met her. I've not seen what the police do or don't have on her. All any of us can go on is how we feel about what we have read and I plan to do that. I will also say how I think i would handle it if I was her and that is I would fight with all my might.

Amen Sister!

From the link in post #1 of this thread.
Houze said Terri agreed to move out, give up rights to custody

'give up rights to custody' this is such a poorly explained statement. Gave up what? Her parental rights? Her fight to challege Kaines custody request? Which custody physical or legal? As a never married SP who has done more research on single parent custodial rights and child support I hate how some reporters present 'custody'. :banghead:

The way the reporter presented this, it sounds as if she will have no involvement in this childs life and I have to believe she wouldn't give up her rights to her child that easily.

just my 'SP' opinion. ;)

I'm sure we'll hear exactly what she gave up in the next briefing but, if she truly gave up all parental rights/custody then I wonder if it was due to KH asking for child support and this was an easy avoidance to that added expense.

I'll be needing to read that agreement or hear same unqualified statement from Houze before I believe that. These reporters write what sells, rather providing something accurate reporting, IMO.

Caveat Blogguear ;)

LOL I think we should address you now as Her Blogguearship. Ya Ya,

It seems this high profile lawyer didn't turn the tide for her today which is just interesting is all. I expected he wouldn't want her agreeing on anything at this point. Like holding her husband responsible for $$$'s to enable her to vacate the premesis. I think he could have had a good case she is now unable to hold a job. IMO

I am sorry but are you trying to convince me of this?
I never said the media was wrong. Nore did I say I didn't believe she gave it up.
I stated JMO and what I would hope she would do and what I would personally do. Not what she would or she should but what I THOUGHT she would do.

and YES people Can go back and say I want to now file for rights and or custody People do it every single day in the USA. They have that right as long as they have rights as parents and believe it or not people win in court regaining some and sometimes all of custody . All she has to show is the reason she did not file for the custody then ( Had no funds , No place to live, No job) Etc Etc SHe would just need to show the judge why she did not do it before. She could say she feared for K's life as she was being threatened there is a whole list of things she could say.. If they are true or not I dont know because I am not her and I am only seeing what is posted on the web.

Listen I think she is guilty but just by what I've read on the net as I don't know her . I don't live her life. I've never met her. I've not seen what the police do or don't have on her. All any of us can go on is how we feel about what we have read and I plan to do that. I will also say how I think i would handle it if I was her and that is I would fight with all my might.

All of this is well and good, but she could fight for supervised visits, and would probably get it. Nobody is saying she should have regular visitation.

She's moving out tomorrow by 3 pm. They settled out of court and did not have to go in front of a judge.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terry_and_kaine_horman_reach_s.html

I am SO happy that Baby K will be home tomorrow!

"Attorneys for Kaine Horman and Terri Horman alerted the court about 1:30 p.m. today that they have settled out of court when Terri will move out of their home.

She has agreed to vacate the house on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road by 3 p.m. Saturday.
Attorneys for Kaine Horman and Terri Horman alerted the court about 1:30 p.m. today that they have settled out of court when Terri will move out of their home.

She has agreed to vacate the house on Northwest Sheltered Nook Road by 3 p.m. Saturday. "

Was not sure where to post this if in wrong spot I'm sorry.

Edited to add this .

http://www.kgw.com/news/Hearing-Fri...ng-step-mom-Terri-to-leave-home-98570549.html

"Houze said Terri agreed to move out, give up rights to custody, but the hearing will address financial and other issues. A date of September 21 was set aside for the contempt of court hearing."

financial and other issues are is something she is willing to go to court and fight for but not custody of her daughter? that DOES speak volumes :-( I'd be fighting for custody if I was innocent and would worry about financial later ( i'd get a job ) Sell my car and get a cheaper one or do whatever I had to do to get my child back.IMO.
progress.gif

I agree 6angels, it does speak volumes. It speaks about Kyron, in my opinion.

BUT, if this has been reported correctly (I haven't read documents from today, if they are even available) WHY, IF SHE IS INNOCENT, wouldn't her very first course of action have already been to fight desperately to see her daughter, to contest the custody order within the Restraining Order?

What do you mean by Terri "get[ting] a better game play to fight[ing]for rights"?

Thanks in advance if you want to explain, because I don't understand what is meant by this.

Just some questions and opinion.
I have no idea why would I know? I am not her. I am not living her life. I have no idea why she does and does not do things. I've already said what I would do ( fight for my children Until I was forced by the courts to stop fighting)

It is apparant that she is not thinking correctly or well it is to me. I DO think correctly so I can only say what I think I would do or what I think she may do later. I don't have any answers in this case. The only Answer I know 100% sure is I have fallen in love with Kyron and I hope and pray for him everynight and hope he is home safe and sound soon. Other wise I am doing as everyone is just saying MOO.

All I was saying is maybe she think or she is trying to get a better game play ( as in a custody attorney, save up money, get a home, a job. I dont know really I dont. I am not her / dont plan to be her and ever be anything like her.)

I'm sure we'll hear exactly what she gave up in the next briefing but, if she truly gave up all parental rights/custody then I wonder if it was due to KH asking for child support and this was an easy avoidance to that added expense.

Would she be able to get out of paying child support just by saying she didn't want custody rights? It seems that a lot of parents might take this way out, if it meant they didn't have to pay.

Well according to current news Terri is out!! She has moved out already, she wasted no time

It will be interesting to find out if anything has been destroyed in the house, especially Kaines personal belongings. If she is as unstable as she has been portrayed to be, I would think she wouldn't think twice about doing something like that. MOO

Or setting a "boobytrap" for Kaine of some sort.

If she is giving up custody, as I said before, I fear for Kyron. If she is not in a postion to fight for her baby, I am afraid it could be because she can't help them find Kyron, safe and sound.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. This means to me that she knows she's going away for a long time, past the baby's age of reason anyway, so she might as well give up her rights to her. I think this means something terribly important as far as Kyron goes.

Would she be able to get out of paying child support just by saying she didn't want custody rights? It seems that a lot of parents might take this way out, if it meant they didn't have to pay.

Unless the laws in Oregon are completely different from the other states that I have lived in~ my answer would be no. The paying of child support doesn't have anything to do with physical custody, joint custody and especially not visitation rights.

If you chose not to pay your child support that doesn't automatically mean you can't have visitation with your child is one example I can think of...off the top of my head.

But I don't know Oregon laws.

Wow, Guess she doesn't think much of her daughter. That poor child when she gets older. What a mess.

Well, just my opinion, but I think this is the smartest thing she's done so far. She knows she's not going to be in the baby's life so why stand in the way of the baby being able to have a somewhat normal life with a new mommy that is able to adopt her. Just a thought.

But I would like to know what the trade off was in order for her to succumb to this.

Kaine file for termination of parental rights. She will have to testify.

Well no, she could just sign away her rights to avoid taking the stand.

That works too!

Well that works for T from being a mom. But what about K? She'll know her mom never faught for her and trust me that will leave her with feelings as she gets older. Baby K is going to lose either way.

Well see, I am not under the assumption that the bio parents are always the best to raise their children. They really aren't always. Someone that would try to put a hit on their daddy, and take away their brother, would fit under the category of not suitable to care for a child.

I know the courts different, and I am always flabbergasted by that. Just because you are a biological parent does not mean you are the best or even qualified at all, to care for a child.
Ok I am leaving this thread but let me just say this.

I know 100% that bioparents are not always b est. I know this as I was not only NOT raised by my bios ( was a foster kid) but I just a year ago adopted four children. I am a giant advicate against child abuse so Yes I know very well that its not always best. I am not saying it is. For the 3rd of 4th time let me say yet again in this thread I am NOT saying what she should do I am saying what I would do if I was her. What she MAY be doing ( I am guessing like everyone elese is )

Again I am saying IF IF IF IF she is innocent WHICH I DONT KNOW IF SHE IS OR NOT. then I HOPE she fights for her baby IF shes was really a good mom to K ( which has been reported she was)

But really I am leaving this thread even though I am the one that has started it bc apparantly I can't say anything correctly expecially when I know very well that Bio means nothing at times.

She did not relinquish parental rights, did she? Custody, for now, as far as we know?
I am sure her lawyer told her she did not have a chance to win.

Not unless/until her name is cleared in other matters, not even counting Kyron, since nothing official has been alleged against with regards to him.[/QUOTE

Ahh-------I was thinking that she gave up permanent rights to the baby. That changes the whole picture then for what I was thinking and posted already. Okay, I'll just sit back and shut up. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez