2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL does she have a choice? WOW get over it Terri, he wants to divorce you. This is comical.:banghead:

Please see what the article actually said........

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Horman...-99500504.html

Terri-Moulton Horman, the step-mother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, will not contest her estranged husband's request for a divorce, as the case continued into its 54th day with no sign of the boy.
Reliable sources said Wednesday the motion to abate document was filed by Terri's attorney Peter Bunch. In it, Terri agreed to divorce, saying that intense media and law enforcement scrutiny and speculation prevented her from handling the case in an ordinary fashion.

Never gonna happen. If OR allows it I see this case being bifurcated. In CA you can bifurcate divorce proceedings. Meaning from the moment you file you can generally guarantee that you'll be legally divorced within 6 months or so but issues such as child custody and marital property are dealt with later.

Right, mine was like that. Other states have this procedure too, and I imagine OR does as well. Good point!

Well, soon enough we will not only know about any payments to TH's attorneys, but all of KH's payments and income too. Guess we will see if he really cannot afford to support himself and Baby K as his attorney stated in her Motion (about the phenomenal fee of $350K) that brought this about.

This is not by TH's request. Is is a legal action, by her attorney. KH's attorney has been flying high, now TH's has to respond.

Not comical, just more stressful for all.

Just let me clarify, my response was a fast reaction to the news. In my mind, the intention is to take some of the focus off of Kyron and place TH in a poor me light in the public. Just get your divorce Terri and let Kaine go on with his life and find Kyron.

TIA

Please see what the article actually said........

Terri-Moulton Horman, the step-mother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, will not contest her estranged husband's request for a divorce, as the case continued into its 54th day with no sign of the boy.
Reliable sources said Wednesday the motion to abate document was filed by Terri's attorney Peter Bunch. In it, Terri agreed to divorce, saying that intense media and law enforcement scrutiny and speculation prevented her from handling the case in an ordinary fashion.

I started a thread from that link to KGW. And no, the attorney is not saying "stop the divorce!"

And now I don't know if I need to delete mine or not. Must ponder.

And they're trying to stop information from getting to the public through the divorce proceedings. Interesting. Very interesting.

The whole point is, the person with the most money pays for the divorce attorneys. Both. Kaine is expecting to pay for his attorney and hers at this point. But, if she has come into $350,000, then apparently SHE has the most money and should be the one to pay for the attorneys.

I understand what you're saying, but him requesting his fees be paid to his attorney is because she, allegedly, paid for a criminal attorney that cost 350k. He wouldn't have been requesting that if she never hired Houze in the first place. If she had gone with a regular ol' divorce attorney, he wouldn't have cared. And his action before the court is what prompted her to hire Houze in the first place. He made accusations, she responded by hiring counsel, he wants to know where the money came from...I get it. I knew that 10 pages ago.

And Kimster, thanks for the answer! :)

Wow we have a headline with a legal action taken by TH. This is a first..

Whether i agree or disagree with the proceedings i can at least say i agree in that I could not think of a worse time to be dealing with a divorce.

I wonder if she will file a motion for custody/visitation rights?

I started a thread from that link to KGW. And no, the attorney is not saying "stop the divorce!"

And now I don't know if I need to delete mine or not. Must ponder.

Maybe the mods can merge. Even though they have been working overtime. Yes, the title to this one is VERY misleading.

Here is kat's post:

TH won't contest divorce from KH

Reliable sources said Wednesday the motion to abate document was filed by Terri's attorney Peter Bunch. In it, Terri agreed to divorce, saying that intense media and law enforcement scrutiny and speculation prevented her from handling the case in an ordinary fashion. The motion would allow a judge to dismiss the case from a trial docket.
Details: Motion to abate (PDF)
If the motion were to be approved, it could potentially avoid any chance of Terri having to give testimony in court.

If she is just willing to sign off on the divorce and give up custody to baby K., then why can't the divorce be quick, since she doesn't own anything of his - is it only money that's the sticky wicket? They could just call it even and, after KH gets the info on where the money comes from, just let each other keep what they have. I can't imagine TMH is going to be able to do much for child support for a bit. Why don't they just call it a day and do it fast?

(Or is it naive of me to suggest they just leave each other's pockets alone at this point?)

Thanks. BTW, that post has a direct link to the actual motion (PDF format).

I think Dr. Fessel & I posted within a minute of each other!
Maybe the mods can merge. Even though they have been working overtime.

Here is kat's post:

TH won't contest divorce from KH

Reliable sources said Wednesday the motion to abate document was filed by Terri's attorney Peter Bunch. In it, Terri agreed to divorce, saying that intense media and law enforcement scrutiny and speculation prevented her from handling the case in an ordinary fashion. The motion would allow a judge to dismiss the case from a trial docket.
If the motion were to be approved, it could potentially avoid any chance of Terri having to give testimony in court.

Ahhh - so she doesn't want to testify? She wants to maintain her silence, I guess.

If they did it fast, would she have to testify?

Though, perhaps KH wouldn't let it go fast if that means she doesn't have to take the stand, I guess.

If she is just willing to sign off on the divorce and give up custody to baby K., then why can't the divorce be quick, since she doesn't own anything of his - is it only money that's the sticky wicket? They could just call it even and, after KH gets the info on where the money comes from, just let each other keep what they have. I can't imagine TMH is going to be able to do much for child support for a bit. Why don't they just call it a day and do it fast?

(Or is it naive of me to suggest they just leave each other's pockets alone at this point?)

WhyaDuck;

TH's attorney is just doing his job. KH's attorney filed paperwork, TH's has to respond in the same way. Nothing more, nothing less. Just legal matters being handled they way they always are.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kyron-Hormans-step-mom-Terri-wont-contest-divorce-from-Kaine-99500504.html

(Emphasis added.) Thank you, Kat. I think being questioned under oath wouldn't be in her best interests right now, to say the least.

WhyaDuck;

TH's attorney is just doing his job. KH's attorney filed paperwork, TH's has to respond in the same way. Nothing more, nothing less. Just legal matters being handled they way they always are.

You're likely right - I just know if it were me, I'd just want to done and over. I really can't see a happy reunion for these two, and I have always been a "rip the bandaid off fast" type. :blush:

Well all I can say is she must have a mountain of involvement here for her to not contest the divorce and sign away her rights to her daughter to keep from having to get on the stand ... Words do not fail me but I can not say what I want with out a TO so I will zip it :cool:

Is this some kind of legal strategy? If so could someone please explain in layman's terms what the heck it is. I mean is there some kind of spousal privilege or something if Kyron is found, if Terri is indeed found to be responsible for his disappearance, or worse. For the life of me, I can't figure this one out on my own. TIA

You're likely right - I just know if it were me, I'd just want to done and over. I really can't see a happy reunion for these two, and I have always been a "rip the bandaid off fast" type. :blush:

I'm sure TH want to rip that bandaid off fast too, but her attorney has to do things the paperwork way and way he sees fit. She just has to watch and wait. It sucks, but that is the way it is. :(

Wish I had a fast bandaid rip pic.

Well all I can say is she must have a mountain of involvement here for her to not contest the divorce and sign away her rights to her daughter to keep from having to get on the stand ... Words do not fail me but I can not say what I want with out a TO so I will zip it :cool:

Though she's not that likely to get custody of the baby, anyway, so she really wouldn't be out much to just get it over with, IMO - less lawyer fees, though, if she rolls quick.

I can't imagine this "blended family" working on any level, and baby K will be taught her whole life to hate her mother, so perhaps TH wouldn't want to be around to see it, anyway.

So much unhappiness all around in this story.

ETA: BTW, all MOO.

I'm sure TH want to rip that bandaid off fast too, but her attorney has to do things the paperwork way and way he sees fit. She just has to watch and wait. It sucks, but that is the way it is. :(

Wish I had a fast bandaid rip pic.

I guess LE wouldn't like it if she ran off to Mexico for a quickie divorce, eh?

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member