2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: the sexting

IMHO, it's wholly inappropriate, and not just because Kyron is missing. Just in general, the situation is brimming with ick. Having said that, the pressure had been on Terri for weeks, and many speculated that she was being pushed until she broke. People often revert to a familiar coping mechanism when they are under extreme duress, and Terri's coping mechanism may be sex. It's interesting to me that MC seemed to be pursuing Terri (I think this whole thing was a set-up by someone who thought he could be the hero, IMHO). It wasn't her seeking him out; he was at her house, bringing her things, paying her attention. Just a thought...

I've just gotta say, I have ZERO sympathy for someone who's "coping mechanism" is random sexting with a veritable stranger. Cry me a river on that one. I will never, ever, ever accept that as *normal*. Ewww...ewww...ewww

What better *reliable source* would you have for how much she paid Houze? There are two people who know the arrangement (excluding Houze's staff -- who would be fired and them some if they disclosed), and only one of them i(TH) s at liberty to disclose the information to anyone at all. Houze can't disclose it, so only TH can. And apparently she did, and the MC texts, etc. where she did so, were submitted to the court in camera, and KH's lawyer felt confident enough to make the statement that she made regarding the amount of the fees. It seems quite clear that TH told MC that she paid $350k to Houze and that the communication of that information was turned over to LE, and then to KH's attorney, who then submitted it to the court under seal.

If it's wrong, it's not because KH or his lawyer misstated the amount, it's b/c TH did in her communications with MC. jmoo

bbm

I don't think that's all that clear. I still feel a bit icky that LE would turn something over like this for Kaine to use in his civil action. The stuff directly related to Terri violating the RO? Yeah, sure, ok. But not this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Houze address that too at some point.

re: the sexting

IMHO, it's wholly inappropriate, and not just because Kyron is missing. Just in general, the situation is brimming with ick. Having said that, the pressure had been on Terri for weeks, and many speculated that she was being pushed until she broke. People often revert to a familiar coping mechanism when they are under extreme duress, and Terri's coping mechanism may be sex. It's interesting to me that MC seemed to be pursuing Terri (I think this whole thing was a set-up by someone who thought he could be the hero, IMHO). It wasn't her seeking him out; he was at her house, bringing her things, paying her attention. Just a thought...

I haven't made my mind up about this. I could see it both ways.

Now this most recent motion this week about the 350K .......when was it sent /received. Do not even tell me this texting is still ongoing now. Tell me the motion was only filed this week because that is when Kaine learned of it.

Because if you tell me it happened after they were already exposed in mid-July I think I may have to lose what is left of my mind.

My guess is that KH was told about the $350K by LE at the same time as he was told about the sexting and violation of the RO ... and is only using the information now.

A reliable source told KGW that investigators learned of the $350,000 through a text message that Terri had sent to Mike Cook. Detectives were searching through Cook's messages as part of the investigation after they learned that he had a sexual relationship with Terri during the search for Kyron. A court motion stated that police said Terri "sexted" Cook hundreds of times and also sent him several photographs of herself "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-seeks-to-make-Terri-pay-legal-fees-99243664.html

I've just gotta say, I have ZERO sympathy for someone who's "coping mechanism" is random sexting with a veritable stranger. Cry me a river on that one. I will never, ever, ever accept that as *normal*. Ewww...ewww...ewww

This isn't about having sympathy, and I never stated or even implied that I believe this is normal behavior. This is about explaining and understanding her behavior, which I think is important and relevant to this case. If DY and KH are using this as further evidence of Terri's guilt, it's worth looking into the reasons why. You can bet the defense will.

I've known many victims of sexual abuse who used sex as a coping mechanism when navigating life. Not in a healthy way, either. I have tremendous sympathy for the reasons that compel them to do so.

FWIW, I'm not saying I believe TH has ever been sexually abused, I'm saying there are situations when people use sex in unhealthy ways in which I am compelled to have sympathy for the person involved even if I disagree with their choices.

bbm

I don't think that's all that clear. I still feel a bit icky that LE would turn something over like this for Kaine to use in his civil action. The stuff directly related to Terri violating the RO? Yeah, sure, ok. But not this. I wouldn't be surprised to see Houze address that too at some point.

If KH's attorney represented to the court that TH claimed to have paid $350k to Houze, I guarantee that there's, at minimum, a reasonable basis for that assertion, if not absolute proof (which I, personally, belive to be the case). LE turned over the evidence received from MC, and it included, apparently, representations regarding the retainer. There is no reason for me to believe that if they submitted SOME of the communications with MC to the court, they didn't submit ALL of it -- regardless of whether the retainer arrangement was at issue at the time. KH's attorney is going to submit what she has, and not redact it for the benefit of TH. And it is absolutely clear that she recieved the MC information from LE. She said so herself in connection with the contempt motion.

I'm not condoning it, but in my mind I kind of (keywords: kind of) equate it with 'couples' that hook up at funerals/after funerals. Sometimes you just need to feel like you are not alone in the world. Which, from what I gather TH may bee feeling.

Not that I condone hooking up at funerals either...

This isn't about having sympathy, and I never stated or even implied that I believe this is normal behavior. This is about explaining and understanding her behavior, which I think is important and relevant to this case. If DY and KH are using this as further evidence of Terri's guilt, it's worth looking into the reasons why. You can bet the defense will.

I've known many victims of sexual abuse who used sex as a coping mechanism when navigating life. Not in a healthy way, either. I have tremendous sympathy for the reasons that compel them to do so.

FWIW, I'm not saying I believe TH has ever been sexually abused, I'm saying there are situations when people use sex in unhealthy ways in which I am compelled to have sympathy for the person involved even if I disagree with their choices.

If you didn't mention it to excuse the behavior, or say that it's somehow relevant to the case, why did you mention it? Totally serious question, not trying to be obnoxious.

I, personally, am a victim of sexual abuse. It may explain why I react certain ways to certain situations, but it certainly isn't an excuse for my behavior. So are you saying that if we found out tomorrow that TH was a victim of some kind of abuse, even very serious physical/sexual abuse, that would explain why she maybe harmed Kyron? Or are you just trying to understand her. If the latter, I can see your point. If the former, it's a reason, but not an excuse, imo/jmoo

I'm not condoning it, but in my mind I kind of (keywords: kind of) equate it with 'couples' that hook up at funerals/after funerals. Sometimes you just need to feel like you are not alone in the world. Which, from what I gather TH may bee feeling.

What? People hook up at funerals? I have never heard of that.

It just occured to me, what if TH was suspicious of MC and thought KH had sent him to her house ? So she went out of her way to make KH jealous ? With sexting etc.....
and threw in the 350K off the top of her head knowing it would make its way back to KH? Which it did~!!

I read that example in another post, and I think it's a little different. I can ALMOST understand looking for comfort and solace with, say, the deceased's bff, after the funeral (which I think was the example given). In that scenario, both are acquainted with each other and have a shared loss of a loved one. In a sense, they are *comforting* each other. I don't think that's cool, but I do think it's totally different than what TH did. Hooking up via sexting with a virtual random. Frankly, I think there's a little something wrong with someone who sexts with anyone under any circumstances, particularly if they are a mother in their 40's. They are not of the sexting generation, and by all applicable conventional mores, that is NOT ok. Deviant behavior, imo. jmoo.

If you didn't mention it to excuse the behavior, or say that it's somehow relevant to the case, why did you mention it? Totally serious question, not trying to be obnoxious.

I, personally, am a victim of sexual abuse. It may explain why I react certain ways to certain situations, but it certainly isn't an excuse for my behavior. So are you saying that if we found out tomorrow that TH was a victim of some kind of abuse, even very serious physical/sexual abuse, that would explain why she maybe harmed Kyron? Or are you just trying to understand her. If the latter, I can see your point. If the former, it's a reason, but not an excuse, imo/jmoo

She did say to explain or understand her behavior.

If KH's attorney represented to the court that TH claimed to have paid $350k to Houze, I guarantee that there's, at minimum, a reasonable basis for that assertion, if not absolute proof (which I, personally, belive to be the case). LE turned over the evidence received from MC, and it included, apparently, representations regarding the retainer. There is no reason for me to believe that if they submitted SOME of the communications with MC to the court, they didn't submit ALL of it -- regardless of whether the retainer arrangement was at issue at the time. KH's attorney is going to submit what she has, and not redact it for the benefit of TH. And it is absolutely clear that she recieved the MC information from LE. She said so herself in connection with the contempt motion.

And Terri's attorney told the court that amount was 'grossly' overstated. I'd think that he would have a direct line to Houze, and with Terri's permission of course, have access to the contract and how much she actually paid him.

Whereas Kaine's "proof" is a sext-message.

I wonder to which the Court will assign more weight?

And Terri's attorney told the court that amount was 'grossly' overstated. I'd think that he would have a direct line to Houze, and with Terri's permission of course, have access to the contract and how much she actually paid him.

Yes and a sext message from a liar. Why would he believe it?

Valid question, and I did state that I'm trying to explain and understand her behavior. Guilty or not, considering Terri is at the center of this investigation, these are important, relevant details about Terri's life and choices. I don't necessarily believe it's proof of guilt, but it could be important insight into her life.

I never said it was an excuse. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will excuse what has happened to Kyron. Understanding and explaining behavior patterns doesn't equal an excuse or approval of them, IMHO.

I was responding to your post where you disagreed with me that it "seems quite clear that TH told MC that she paid $350k to Houze." I am sure that TH told MC that, and I don't doubt for one minute that TH lied to MC about it. So we are both correct -- TH told MC that she paid $350k to Houze and, in fact, that statement was (unbeknownst to anyone reading the text, like KH and his attorney) that is was a "gross overstatement."

I was responding to your post where you disagreed with me that it "seems quite clear that TH told MC that she paid $350k to Houze." I am sure that TH told MC that, and I don't doubt for one minute that TH lied to MC about it. So we are both correct -- TH told MC that she paid $350k to Houze and, in fact, that statement was (unbeknownst to anyone reading the text, like KH and his attorney) that is was a "gross overstatement."

Why would they believe anything she wrote/typed? She's a liar...BUT they chose to believe this?

Now, thinking about it a while...maybe they have other proof about the costs, and just haven't shared yet (jmoo).

Moo moo moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member