2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the bold below is the same kind of manipulation many of us have suspected throughout the case, as we've looked into every aspect we can about the most obvious suspect. Some will say the below is subtle, and it is, that's what makes it even more manipulative.

Even in the final days or hours of everything crumbling to some kind of end, Terri is still controlling what little is left. In this case, asking friends to come by her side and then poking her head out the door to get them to stop talking to the reporter. I need you for just "a sec".

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_terri_mo.html

By 8 p.m. Monday, at least four friends had driven up the gravel driveway at Terri Horman's blue, two-story house set in woodlands in rural northwest Multnomah County to console their embattled friend after learning of the divorce.

One friend, who asked not to be identified, said that Terri Horman still felt as though the county sheriff's office was on her side.

"They've said in the media that she's not considered a suspect, and she's been told that she's not a suspect," the friend said. "The media is reporting that and that's the same story she knows.

"She's trying to get her thoughts together. I don't know if she's going to stay quiet forever. Stuff is just happening right now. So I think she just needs a little more time."

Terri Horman, who had been just behind the door of the home's living room, popped her head out and told the friend, "Hey, I need you for a sec." But otherwise she did not comment.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

Well well well! Isn't that interesting? They intersperse fact with speculation.

I will find out for sure tomorrow, but you know what? Judge Letourneau wasn't their divorce judge. Usually in Washington County they like to keep the same judge.

I don't believe this article. I have my reasons, that I can't discuss right now, but I call BS!

Okay that's enough playing Clue. :nono:

Let's get back on topic. This is about Kaine filing for divorce and a restraining order. And we probably won't get much more news until tomorrow.

Going to say goodnight now. Thanks to everyone that kept Kyron's threads updated and especially tonight.

I'll say an extra Prayer for Kyron tonight, that he gets to come home soon. Very soon.

FWIW, I never find peace and comfort in the passing of a child while thinking they are in a better place.

For me, there is no other better place for Kyron than running and playing. Laughing and exploring. Creating his art. Snuggling down at night and sleeping sound knowing he is loved and adored by his parents.

Bless you baby boy. These cases always break my heart and bring me to tears. I can't post on the threads for the little ones. I just read and pray for them.

Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and K and comply with the law
this snip from kaine and mom and step dad is very telling

Kaine Horman had just such a restraining order filed against him by Desiree; the judge granted the order against both parents.

Where is this information coming from?

The Willamette Week:

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

From that article:

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

We do have a thread about Kyron's blended family here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107342"]2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

We can discuss what was written in the WW articles on that thread. But if I wake up tomorrow and there are posts about people abusing kids and there are no links to any arrest warrants to back it up, there will be one unhappy alien mod on the loose.

Okay that's enough playing Clue. :nono:

Let's get back on topic. This is about Kaine filing for divorce and a restraining order. And we probably won't get much more news until tomorrow.

Crack me up Kimster that was so Funny. Oh, I think for such a sad situation with this case I have had way too many funny bones tickled tonight. And then the topper was Clue's But . .but. . .

can someone pm me if an arrest is made?

i need to go get about 90 minutes of sleep now :)

Maybe the restraining order had a MOVE OUT order!

State of Oregon - Restraining Orders and Domestic Violence

If you have been a victim of physical abuse or threatened abuse, you may be able to get a restraining order under the Oregon Family Abuse Prevention Act.

This law allows you to obtain protection from domestic violence without having to file for a divorce or legal separation (although you can do so if you wish).

Restraining Order Requirements

You can get a restraining order under the Family Abuse Prevention Act if your situation fits the following criteria:

* Age. You are at least 18 years old, or you are younger than 18 and the person who abused you is at least 18 and 1) you are (or were) married to that person, or 2) you have been in a sexual relationship with that person.

* Relationship. The person who abused you is: 1) your husband, wife, or domestic partner; or 2) your former husband, wife, or domestic partner; or 3) an adult with whom you are living (or did live) in a sexual relationship; or 4) an adult with whom you have been in a sexual relationship in the last two years; or 5) an adult related to you by blood, marriage, or adoption; or 6) the parent of your child.

* What is meant by “abuse”? If in the last 180 days, the person you wish to restrain has:
physically injured you;

or tried to physically injure you;

or made you afraid that he or she was about to physically injure you or made you have sexual relations against your wishes by using force or threats of force.

* Ongoing Danger: You are in danger of more abuse very soon, and the person who abused you is a threat to the physical safety of you or your children.

NOTE: A judge cannot give you a restraining order solely for threats to take your children, rude behavior, verbal or emotional abuse, or damaged property unless you were in fear that you were about to be physically injured.

What Is A Restraining Order?

A restraining order is a court order that tells the person who hurt you (the “respondent”) to leave you and your children alone.

It can tell the respondent to move from your home and can deal with temporary custody and parenting time of your children.

It can also require the respondent to stay away from your home, school, place of employment, or your children’s day care provider.

You can ask the judge to add other orders (listed in the restraining order papers) that you think will help you stay safe. You also can ask the court to include an order that says the respondent cannot have guns.

The court could also order that a police officer “stand-by” for probably no more than 15 minutes while you (or the abuser who has been ordered to leave) remove essential personal items from the home.

A restraining order can only deal with custody and parenting time issues temporarily. To get “permanent” custody and parenting time orders, you need to a file a family law case, such as a divorce or a custody case.

CONTINUED AT SOURCE (Oregon State Bar site): http://www.osbar.org/public/legalinf...ningOrders.htm

Bumping up as it was posted while it was very busy.

I moved some off topic posts over here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107342"]2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm not going to ask again. STAY ON TOPIC!

this thread moved fast tonight.

someone way back there said something - I can't find it now

but ...

It was about the 200 pictures released.
Did they know when they selected pictures without Terri?

So that was Thursday ... a day earlier than national media junket day...??

Does anyone else find this statement in any way odd? Maybe odd's not the appropriate word to use... I just know when I was reading this article and got to this statement that the reporter made in reference to her only words they'd heard directly spoken while there questioning her 4 friends that had come to lend support for TMH... It just seems so very "nonchalant" , very just happy go lucky, ... "Hey. I need you for a sec." (TMH says to friend from her front door) just very casual, as if its just any old day and just got some friends over to hang out, and as one leaves she just matter of factly opens front door and says to friend, "Hey I need ya for a sec"... Maybe its just me but justs seems so very inappropriate of reaction to what we know is her entire world COMPLETELY crumbling at her feet and TMH just needed he friend to come in for a sec..????.. Why is she not very emotional, crying, sobbing, possibly even on verge of breakdown?? She just seems a ok, this is just any other day??!!... Here's the quote I am speaking of....
Terri Horman, who had been just behind the door of the home's living room, popped her head out and told the friend, "Hey, I need you for a sec." But otherwise she did not comment...~end quote

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_terri_mo.html

Not really. I'll wait for pressers and statements from LE. So far, the media's not done much but perpetuate rumors. It does certainly appear to be TMH, however, I think about the Ramseys and the Riley Fox case, and I'm definitely still on the fence. Kaine filing for divorce does not make her guilty - we're not a party to the marriage and we certainly do not know the state of it before Kyron went missing. This could have been the (very strong) straw that broke the camel's back. Whatever the reason, his filing for divorce is not proof of guilt.

you don't get restraining orders for "straws"!!!

IMO the key phrase in the statement tonight was:
We have been fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation.
What I am thinking is that a profiler or psychologist has told LE that TM is a danger to her baby and that LE felt they were morally obligated to warn KH of that fact. It would make sense if they believe she killed Kyron that she could possibly harm the baby, especially if she feels desperate.

Does anyone else find this statement in any way odd? Maybe odd's not the appropriate word to use... I just know when I was reading this article and got to this statement that the reporter made in reference to her only words they'd heard directly spoken while there questioning her 4 friends that had come to lend support for TMH... It just seems so very "nonchalant" , very just happy go lucky, ... "Hey. I need you for a sec." (TMH says to friend from her front door) just very casual, as if its just any old day and just got some friends over to hang out, and as one leaves she just matter of factly opens front door and says to friend, "Hey I need ya for a sec"... Maybe its just me but justs seems so very inappropriate of reaction to what we know is her entire world COMPLETELY crumbling at her feet and TMH just needed he friend to come in for a sec..????.. Why is she not very emotional, crying, sobbing, possibly even on verge of breakdown?? She just seems a ok, this is just any other day??!!... Here's the quote I am speaking of....
Terri Horman, who had been just behind the door of the home's living room, popped her head out and told the friend, "Hey, I need you for a sec." But otherwise she did not comment...~end quote

medicated, would be my guess.

couldnt sleep.

seroiusly? if that is true then what the heck is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required