2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Kaine say at one point that he did not know what Terri did during the day while he was at work? And now he claims he was mostly home, working?

And yet on the Friday June 4th, he was gone for 6 hours, coming home at 2pm. Does he count that as a day he worked from home? That is a long time to leave an alcoholic with car keys and a baby. Especially one who can't stay off the computer when she is home, in order to watch her baby.

There are just a lot of contradictions to me. Regardless of whether or not Terri is the one who harmed Kyron, something bad was going to happen in that house sooner or later.

I am curious as to why KH & his attorney released this information to the public. The sexting with MC happened after KH left his home with Kiara. Would that even come into play in the dissolution in any way shape or form? The only reason I can see for a public release of this document is to further vilify TH in the eyes of the public. It also, IMO, shows total disregard for Kaine's teenage stepson J.

IMO, if TH had something to do with Kyron's disappearance, KH is making sure she will have plenty of reasons to cry foul when it comes to her ability to receive fair trial. JMO, but I'd like our legal experts to weigh in on this if possible.

I am curious as to why KH & his attorney released this information to the public. The sexting with MC happened after KH left his home with Kiara. Would that even come into play in the dissolution in any way shape or form? The only reason I can see for a public release of this document is to further vilify TH in the eyes of the public. It also, IMO, shows total disregard for Kaine's teenage stepson J.

IMO, if TH had something to do with Kyron's disappearance, KH is making sure she will have plenty of reasons to cry foul when it comes to her ability to receive fair trial. JMO, but I'd like our legal experts to weigh in on this if possible.

I think one point Kaine was trying to make is that there is no need for an expedited hearing to ensure that Terri gets to see her baby--she was perfectly happy and focused on herself within a few days of the baby being taken away from her, and only pretended to be worried about the baby when she needed an excuse to drive over to MC's house.

I think one point Kaine was trying to make is that there is no need for an expedited hearing to ensure that Terri gets to see her baby--she was perfectly happy and focused on herself within a few days of the baby being taken away from her, and only pretended to be worried about the baby when she needed an excuse to drive over to MC's house.

That and her aggressive innuendos to MC ("I won't hurt you tho") and she really harped on and on about her strength. That really jumped out at me.

I totally see that now. How gross when all the horror of Kyron missing was so fresh. Very improper. imo

Didn't Kaine say at one point that he did not know what Terri did during the day while he was at work? And now he claims he was mostly home, working?

And yet on the Friday June 4th, he was gone for 6 hours, coming home at 2pm. Does he count that as a day he worked from home? That is a long time to leave an alcoholic with car keys and a baby. Especially one who can't stay off the computer when she is home, in order to watch her baby.

There are just a lot of contradictions to me. Regardless of whether or not Terri is the one who harmed Kyron, something bad was going to happen in that house sooner or later.

I don't think Kaine is the bad guy here....she should be held responsible for her choices, in drinking, in computer usage, in being unable to keep a schedule for the baby.

I'm not sure they released it, it was part of court documentation that is public records. - A response to Terri's request to have visitation.

If you go to the OP link you will see that the fax number 503-988-5773 is listed at the top of the PDF file. This is the fax number to the oregon circuit court. That's a pretty good indication to me that these documents were obtained by MEDIA after KH's lawyer faxed them to the court. Otherwise, how would the courts fax number be on top of the document?

I don't believe for a second that Kaine or his counsel released these documents to the media.

I guess a judge could look at it that way, though I could also see how a judge would say that having sex with another adult has nothing to do with how much you miss your children. IDK, but my real question is why they determined it was necessary to release this garbage to the public. Is that standard procedure?

I don't think Kaine is the bad guy here....she should be held responsible for her choices, in drinking, in computer usage, in being unable to keep a schedule for the baby.

I didn't say he was the "bad guy". But he is the parent as much as Terri is and just as responsible for the safety of his children. We cry foul every time we read about a woman whose boyfriend or new spouse has access to her children and something goes horribly wrong. In my eyes, Kaine seems to have known Terri was not a good risk as far as being in charge of little children and yet there were long stretches when she was fully in charge, car keys and all.

Posting for reference.

Kaine's deposition statement: Respondent would often leave the house for three to four hours a day and tell me that she was going to the gym. When she was at the gym she would leave K in the gym daycare for hours at a time (I now know that at the gym she would flirt and chat with other gym members rather than exercising).

Kaine's deposition, PDF page 5, item 8:
http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/1026/25509272.pdf

Kaine: She's... When I work, she's, she's out of the house, and doing whatever it is that she does, and I have no way to track what she's doing, and I don't. Well, up until now, I had no reason to track what was happening, so...

I don't know. she just kind of goes off and does stuff, and I can't really... I couldn't tell you what she does on any given day. I kind of know what her routine is, but if she deviated from that routine, I would have no way to know.

25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

Andrea: For the most part even when she comes into the club, she's quiet. You know. I mean, she comes in and she works out, and she talks to people she's familiar with. But she's pretty quiet, very focused. Kind of coming in, and dropping off her child and going to her workouts. So to me I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, because she is so quiet typically, and not very social...

Interview of Andrea the gym employee with Koin:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-out-Kyron-Horman/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Terri's gym, 24-Hour Fitness regarding the day care:
"up to 2 hours supervision per day"
http://www.24hourfitness.com/health_clubs/gym_day_care/

Posting for reference.

Note: The baby will be two years old next month, so she was born in November 2008.

25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

January - April 2005, more than three and a half years before the baby was born - Kaine: In 05 when she was doing her competition there was a lot of lies about drinking and substances I think, but, you know, not, and I'm not talking like, you know, narcotics or anything else but...

Kaine: Well I'm talking about like stimulants and things like that, so taking excessive fat burners or aspirin or ibuprofen or - legal things, but taking them in doses far exceeding what a normal person would do. So being somewhat obsessive about it.

The drinking was completely behind my back. She was doing it for four or five months and then she got that DUI that everyone has on record in, I think it was September. And that's the first time I found out that hey, she's been drinking behind my back for six months and she's been drinking herself to sleep every night.

Reporter: Do you believe she has a drinking problem today?

Kaine: Um, I have, so, I, this is, this will be pure speculation... I don't have any facts, but I have had a couple people come forward where we've stayed with them for a period of time and they've made comments that they noticed that their alcohol levels were abruptly down while we were there, and they've just told me that recently. And this is since the DUI.

--------------------

Kaine's deposition PDF pages 4 and 5, items 6 and 7:
http://www.kptv.com/download/2010/1026/25509272.pdf

From item 6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e., slurring speech, staggering gait, etc. several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes K would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with K. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. K would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting K to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended.

From item 7. It was common to find K up and awake at 1:00 a.m. while Respondent was asleep from alcohol.

If you go to the OP link you will see that the fax number 503-988-5773 is listed at the top of the PDF file. This is the fax number to the oregon circuit court. That's a pretty good indication to me that these documents were obtained by MEDIA after KH's lawyer faxed them to the court. Otherwise, how would the courts fax number be on top of the document?

I don't believe for a second that Kaine or his counsel released these documents to the media.

Thanks, but I think you're missing my point (my question). I understand they are public documents now. My question is wouldn't it have been more common to NOT release the graphic detail of the "sexts" and have them held for only the judges eyes. I am particularly concerned for the effect documents such as these would have on the children involved in the divorce case. So I am asking if it is normal to keep such attachments open to the public when it is obvious the kind of detrimental effect it could have on the children, such as J, in this particular case. ?

I guess a judge could look at it that way, though I could also see how a judge would say that having sex with another adult has nothing to do with how much you miss your children. IDK, but my real question is why they determined it was necessary to release this garbage to the public. Is that standard procedure?

They didn't release it to the public. They filed it in court, which made it a public record available to the media.

They didn't release it to the public. They filed it in court, which made it a public record available to the media.

And by making it a matter of public record it is available to the public. LOL I know that, I'm just not making myself clear:

I understand they are public documents now. My question is wouldn't it have been more common to NOT release the graphic detail of the "sexts" and have them held for only the judges eyes. I am particularly concerned for the effect documents such as these would have on the children involved in the divorce case. So I am asking if it is normal to keep such attachments open to the public when it is obvious the kind of detrimental effect it could have on the children, such as J, in this particular case. ? Or is it uncommon to keep documents hidden from the children in a divorce, such as photos or evidence of someone committing adultery for instance?

So Kaine is contradicting himself. That's interesting. Seems a bit like he's altering facts in order to make his version of the truth mesh better.

No argument that Terri's sexting was gross & really inappropriate under the circumstances, but Kaine's changing his story doesn't make him look good, either, and I'm not impressed with a man who says he was equally responsible for raising his baby, yet that child had no schedule & was not treated properly. It's wrong for Kaine to place all the blame for bad parenting on Terri while simultaneously taking all the credit for anything that was done right.

Also, the sexting seemed really contrived to me on the part of Michael Cook ~ like he was trying to get information/set her up and Terri didn't "bite" because she was too focused on the sexual stuff.

Oh my.... seems like TH was searching the wrong areas for Kyron. Lots of help, TH. Thanks.

And by making it a matter of public record it is available to the public. LOL I know that, I'm just not making myself clear:

I understand they are public documents now. My question is wouldn't it have been more common to NOT release the graphic detail of the "sexts" and have them held for only the judges eyes. I am particularly concerned for the effect documents such as these would have on the children involved in the divorce case. So I am asking if it is normal to keep such attachments open to the public when it is obvious the kind of detrimental effect it could have on the children, such as J, in this particular case. ? Or is it uncommon to keep documents hidden from the children in a divorce, such as photos or evidence of someone committing adultery for instance?

You can't just file things under seal (judge's eyes only) whenever you want to. You have to get an order. Maybe Kaine just isn't worried enough about Terri's privacy right now to go through the extra time and expense of getting permission to submit the texts under seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876