2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is already one restraining order thread....perhaps that is enough and this one could be merged....

You are right but I've been on the other thread a lot and it is primarily regarding the divorce papers and the reasons behind the RO (and how the two intertwine). I think the intent of this thread is the next actions specific to the RO.

It helps with focus, but that's just my opinion. :crazy:

The whole topic is interesting, isn't it? This case has so many twists and turns in it.

I am enjoying posting with you guys and reading what everyone else is finding and postulating about. Keep up the good work, all!

I can think of a number of ways he could have left with the baby and she not suspect anything was going down.

Years ago, my husband took my little girl with him to visit some friends. Said he'd giving me a 'break' and a chance to have some 'alone time'.

Later that night, he called and said she'd fallen asleep and rather than wake her up and bring her out that late, he'd just stay over and be back the next day.

Late in the afternoon of the next day, I got a call from him that he was 3 states away with my daughter, and I'd never see her again.

I was totally blindsided. So yeah, stuff like this happens.

I am so sorry you had to got through that...I pray you got your little girl back! :praying:

Re: Why to file divorce rather than separate?

Kaine seems like a cut-and-dry, black-and-white kind of man. So whatever caused him to file for divorce, in his mind, it's black-and-white. He does not want to be married to this woman anymore. And the sooner, the better. Therefore, no separation, just divorce, ASAP.

It appears the judge added a stipulation/order in their own hand that Terrie and Kaine, as well as their attorneys, cannot disclose the contents of the restraining order petition. So, Terrie would absolutely be in contempt of court if she leaks the document or even discusses it's contents (without the court's permission) and is found out.​

I can think of a number of ways he could have left with the baby and she not suspect anything was going down.

Years ago, my husband took my little girl with him to visit some friends. Said he'd giving me a 'break' and a chance to have some 'alone time'.

Later that night, he called and said she'd fallen asleep and rather than wake her up and bring her out that late, he'd just stay over and be back the next day.

Late in the afternoon of the next day, I got a call from him that he was 3 states away with my daughter, and I'd never see her again.

I was totally blindsided. So yeah, stuff like this happens.

WOW, I am so sorry you had to go through that :(

I do not believe that filing for divorce and a restraining order in any way was done without the knowledge and advice of LE working on K’s case. I cannot imagine a normal (that is to say, non homicidal/abusive) parent would deliberately do something so vicious to their spouse and take away so much attention from the direct investigation if there wasn’t enormous involvement from the people who were supposed to be finding and protecting their child.

KH is an engineer. In the two televised press releases this month he has always seemed calm- stoic, really- collected, and very, very deliberate. His background, education, and career all indicate that he is a logical man. Why would someone who is logical suddenly find himself filing for divorce in the middle of an active police investigation about his son- if the actions had nothing whatsoever to do with the case? Such a passionate act by someone in the midst of terrible desperation is beyond the emotional range of most (unless you are a character in a screenplay ) and (at least to me) seemingly far beyond the character of K’s father.

The elephant in the room has a name. That doesn’t make it any less sad or shocking. But for me, the filing means letting go of every scenario in which TH has been a second wronged victim from the events of June 4th. I had also held out hope and maintain a great respect for everyone here at WS who has refused to “jump on the bandwagon”, criticize (unnecessarily, IMO) TH and tried desperately to see things from their own humanity. Maybe there was a witch hunt, but it (for the most part) was not here.

That said- the broom just fell from the sky, guys. I don’t need my pitchfork. This one appears to be smoldering- the only thing missing are the flames at the stake.

IMO, MOO, etc.etc. by a first time poster, first case lurker, and PNW local

I am so sorry you had to got through that...I pray you got your little girl back! :praying:

thanks and yes I did. I flew out to get her, and she charmed the flight crew all the way back --- and the man sitting next to us, a Baskin Robbins exec who gave her an inch thick booklet full of coupons for free ice cream. LOL

FWIW, his actions that weekend, while not illegal, were the basis for the judge in our subsequent divorce case to order he have supervised visits ONLY. 'Course he never bothered to visit her or contact her in any way, or pay any support. Ever.

Respectfully snipped by me for length

That said- the broom just fell from the sky, guys. I don’t need my pitchfork. This one appears to be smoldering- the only thing missing are the flames at the stake.

IMO, MOO, etc.etc. by a first time poster, first case lurker, and PNW local

Welcome, aMamaJ - I very much enjoyed your metaphors....I actually smiled. Thanks for joining us - I look forward to more of your wit! =)

Not sure if this is new from kgw

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyrons-dad-hasnt-moved-out-step-mom-says-97354759.html

sbm

The restraining order was sealed by Multnomah County Circuit Judge Keith Meisenheimer, who handles family law. However, the abuse prevent petition showed that Terri Moulton-Horman was granted no parenting time and restricted from accessing firearms. Kaine Horman was granted sole child custody, although no children were specifically named in the documents.

“Everyone should bear in mind that everyone in the justice system has the highest priority of finding the child," judge Meisenheimer told KGW. "No one wants to release any information that might compromise that.”

Under Oregon law, a petitioner must show that there has been "abuse" within 180 days in the family, that the applicant was in imminent danger of abuse and that the "respondent represents a credible threat" to the petitioner or child.

The divorce filing cited "irreconcilable differences" and the "breakdown of marriage" between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton-Horman as the reason for the divorce

If I read the divorce papers correctly it said "irreconcilable differences". I am not that analytical and my divorce papers say the same thing. In layman's terms it means, we can not get along and we will never be able to. We have to many beliefs, morals, and etc.. different that we will not be able to overcome them. The marriage is irretrievable.

I didn't bother to separate. I just filed for divorce.

In this case some things about TMH probably came out besides the facts about Kyron. I would say that whatever has been revealed was the last straw.

Question! I can't read so sorry if this has already been answered.

I recall that DY also filed for a restraining order after she filed for divorce from KH, but I think that was about being able to restrict movement of the child and less about harm. Does anyone know if that is accurate and if there are any legal parallels here?
Thanks.

I think if there is any truth to the rumors that TH's cell phone pinged places other then where she said she was, thru the investigation re: Kyron, it was discovered that TH may have been having an affair. Hence there reason for sending out the questionnaire, and the basis for divorce complaint.

IIRC, the divorce proceedings between DY and KH also included an RO that DY had sought and which was granted, however it prevented either parent from removing the child from the State. I work in family law every day, and this is not unusual. Again, MOO, but this would be my first best guess as to what is going on.

Question! I can't read so sorry if this has already been answered.

I recall that DY also filed for a restraining order after she filed for divorce from KH, but I think that was about being able to restrict movement of the child and less about harm. Does anyone know if that is accurate and if there are any legal parallels here?
Thanks.

looks like we posted about the same thing at the same time. ITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0