2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for jumping in here, but I think *our* confusion isn't with Houze having to give up how much he charges...but that in a different case, another lawyer read jail records and then reported to WW how much Houze charged. It wasn't Houze how much do you charge...

And if Houze was obligated to tell how much he charged, wouldn't there be a record of that somewhere?

I think the attorney who spoke to WW was saying that in a different case, where he (this other atty) either represented the defendant in question or was in possession of jail records through discovery of that inmate, he saw a notation by the jail about Houze.

Maybe something along the lines of, "WhateverDate: Atty Houze conferred with Inmate X. Inmate X reports that he declined representation by Atty Houze because he can't afford the $250k Houze would charge to take his case."

Pure speculation, but jail personnel do make records of some conversations with inmates. I'm guessing that might be how that atty came by the info.

Isn't it possible, since we've never seen the actual message, that it was something like "yeah, he says my defense could cost up to $350,000" or somesuch?

In this case anything is possible but IF LE told Kaine that it 'could cost up too' and Kaine told his attorney 350,000 with out that qualifier he would be lying wouldn't he?

I was thinking the same thing. Or he gave her a flat rate charge for all legal matters.

Ugh, how confusing...because now he isn't in charge of all the legal matters. She has a different divorce attorney. So, maybe Bunch is like, "well I know that she didn't pay Houze that much b/c Houze said I could have 10%/15%/20%/whatever to handle this divorce...and I definitely did NOT get that!"

That would definitely throw a wrench into things...no?:waitasec:

I believe we will see Kaine's attorney challenge this motion.

I believe we will see Kaine's attorney challenge this motion.
I agree, Kaine doesn't seem to want anything to do with TH (for obvious reasons) and I would hazard a guess that they see this as just rubbing salt into the wound.

Ugh, how confusing...because now he isn't in charge of all the legal matters. She has a different divorce attorney. So, maybe Bunch is like, "well I know that she didn't pay Houze that much b/c Houze said I could have 10%/15%/20%/whatever to handle this divorce...and I definitely did NOT get that!"

I bet their fee agreements are separate and apart from one another unless they work for the same firm.

He probably talked with Terri and got her permission to confer with Houze about the fee arrangement between them so that he could get his facts straight for the motion he filed. Hopefully he didn't just take her word for it, but you just never know.

BTW, every time I see your nickname it reminds me of that recurring skit years ago on SNL with goatboy -- always made me laugh. I miss when SNL was funny!

In this case anything is possible but IF LE told Kaine that it 'could cost up too' and Kaine told his attorney 350,000 with out that qualifier he would be lying wouldn't he?

I thought that Bunch said that Terri was the one who grossly overestimated?

MOO is that Mr. Bunch is hired as an expert Attorney in Family Law by Mr Houze. I believe they have worked out this strategy together. The reason I believe this is because Mr. Houze stated he was going to handle Family Court and any possible criminal charges. This gives Mr. Houze control over anything that might cause Terri to incriminate herself with possible criminal charges. They are working together is my guess.

Says who? I do not believe the law would back you up. She would have to have permission to do this.

In this state you can and my husband does. I have 4 children that he has taken to dr., dentist, signed them in and out of school and no they don't have the same last name. They are well aware and on school records the place they type his name is under legal guardian. Not to mention the fact that his insurance covers everyone of them until they reach the age of 22 regardless if they are in college. No they wouldn't do that if we were not married.

ETA Did she have express permission from Kaine to take Kyron out of school? Why would Miss Porter think she could leave with him for a DR. appt. This would definitely make the school liable for letting her leave with him.

I thought that Bunch said that Terri was the one who grossly overestimated?

She may have to MC but she didn't tell LE or Kaine anything. LE got it from mC phone and LE told Kaine who told his attorney who put it in a motion before the court. If they want to say Terri is a liar than they should have verified that information.

ETA I am going back to read what Bunch stated.

She may have to MC but she didn't tell LE or Kaine anything. LE got it from mC phone and LE told Kaine who told his attorney who put it in a motion before the court. If they want to say Terri is a liar than they should have verified that information.

I believe that is what the motion is trying to do.

Says who? I do not believe the law would back you up. She would have to have permission to do this.

ita...I am the legal, bio and joint custodial parent of my child and, since his father has to cover insurancd *I* can't get information regarding my own child's medical tx from the insurer w/o written documentation that I can have it. A stepmom can do all kinds of stuff with the permission of a bio parent, but the minute the bio parents object, s/he has no rights whatsoever. At least where I am.

Peter Bunch says the Petitioner is the one who misstated not the respondent. Kaine is the petitioner.

Peter Bunch says the Petitioner is the one who misstated not the respondent. Kaine is the petitioner.

Terri told MC via text how much she was paying Houze. That is where Kaine got the info. If he misstated the $ amount, it is because Terri lied about it to MC.

ita...I am the legal, bio and joint custodial parent of my child and, since his father has to cover insurancd *I* can't get information regarding my own child's medical tx from the insurer w/o written documentation that I can have it. A stepmom can do all kinds of stuff with the permission of a bio parent, but the minute the bio parents object, s/he has no rights whatsoever. At least where I am.

That's kind of scary. I have access to my children's medical, my step daughters medical and our joint child's medical. So does my husband. Until the kids turned 12 and then we have to have their permission to know there medical info.

I can't imagine you can't have the info on a bio child that lives with you.

Terri told MC via text how much she was paying Houze. That is where Kaine got the info. If he misstated the $ amount, it is because Terri lied about it to MC.

Okay. The question she asked was I thought Bunch said Terri misstated it. Bunch doesn't say that. That's all I was saying.

ETA I just went back and read it again. Bunch says Kaine misstated. I don't care who did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi