2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rackner: Publicity has "Nothing to do with mr. horman's conduct, it has to do with mrs horman's conduct -- she's brought that to the case

In the words of Annette: WHAT A CROCK. There wasn't a camera that didn't have Kaine sitting passively by listening to Desiree go on and on about Terri, and nodding in agreement. That says nothing of the many times he himself implicated Terri. WHATEVER.

The posts amongst the threads--I read regularly for a couple of months, then had to go back to read and catch up for the times I wasn't around...HTH! :)

I know. Sometimes I don't read for awhile and then it's catch-up time. And when we have several active threads going, it gets confusing sometimes which post was in which thread. At least to me now and then! :crazy:

I thought Kaine wanted to know the source of the 350.00 to make sure he wasn't responsible for paying half back? Not that he wanted half of it.

Actually, Bunch's statement was that he was willing to proceed today if Kaine agreed to divide everything today. There was no mention of "assets" and I actually took that to mean divide the divorce from the custody from the criminal accusations.

But even if it meant assets, it only said "divide everything today" and made no mention of equality of share.

bbm.

Wow. I hadn't thought of that. Very insightful viewpoint, Debs. Thanks.

KATUNews KATU.com
Court records say Cook began a sexual relationship with Terri shortly after Kaine moved out of their house 22 days after Kyron disappeared.
55 seconds ago
»

KATUNews KATU.com
Mike Cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of Kaine Horman's.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Because she has Constitutional Rights, and no one has to like that but the 5th Amendment also protects against the State bringing unfounded charges without allowing the Defense to address them, and especially when those accusations have denied her the right to her home and her family.
Debs, there were more than "accusations" against Terri in the case of her hiring someone to murder her husband. The police would not have shared with Kaine if they did not have a witness and proof.It was allowed in a Restraining Order, which allowed Kaine to keep Baby K safe and to have Terri eventually removed from the home. Since then, Terri has shown her disregard for the law, in sharing the sealed Restraining Order and Kaine and Baby K's new address to a man she was having an affair with.

What "unfounded" charges has the state brought against Terri Horman? They haven't brought any charges against this woman YET.

The state has a duty to protect its citizens (Kaine and Baby K) from harm. They did this by way of a Restraining Order. Since when do the police show the "respondent" in a civil suit any of their evidence of their criminal act if they have yet to be charged with it? (Murder for Hire in this case).

It is so sad to see the lengths this woman will go to try and cover up her crimes and at the same time try and "get" something from Kaine.

MY STRONG OPINIONS.

KATUNews KATU.com
Adds Thom Jensen: Cook says he got way too involved and tried to sever ties to K & T 4 to 5 days before the sexting story broke.
1 minute ago

Actually, Bunch's statement was that he was willing to proceed today if Kaine agreed to divide everything today. There was no mention of "assets" and I actually took that to mean divide the divorce from the custody from the criminal accusations.

But even if it meant assets, it only said "divide everything today" and made no mention of equality of share.

You could be right. I hadn't thought about dividing the proceedings. I just heard divide, and there's two people there, so that usually means down the middle. It sounded more like TH just wants this over with with equal everything down the middle and she's willing to do that if Kaine is willing to do that today.

KATUNews KATU.com
Court records say Cook began a sexual relationship with Terri shortly after Kaine moved out of their house 22 days after Kyron disappeared.
55 seconds ago
»

KATUNews KATU.com
Mike Cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of Kaine Horman's.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
is he
"the package" (and I hope they don't show pictures of his package per se)

katunews katu.com
court records say cook began a sexual relationship with terri shortly after kaine moved out of their house 22 days after kyron disappeared.
55 seconds ago
»

katunews katu.com
mike cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of kaine horman's.
1 minute ago favorite retweet reply

a-ha!

KATUNews KATU.com
Kaine Lawyer: “[Terri's] request for abatement serves her self interest over what is best for the children... which is timely resolution."
40 seconds ago

Araksya Araksya Karapetyan
Michael Cook (who Terri was allegedly "sexting"and sharing documents with) is here- he is outside the courtroom waiting to be called in.
1 minute ago

BBM

Poor judge. Is he Solomon or is Baby K not some "thing" that Terri is worried about right now?

Why should Kaine give anything willingly to a woman he believes caused the disappearance and possible death of his son? How can this woman (Terri) even be thinking about money and what Kaine should be giving to her? Incredibly lacking in those very important attributes that make most of us human and empathic and remorseful and decent.

Scary woman, this Terri.

MY OPINIONS

Well, TMH is currently unemployable (I doubt whether even MacDonald's would give her a job, considering the disruption by media her presence would cause), she still needs a place to live and a means of feeding herself, etc. So far, her parents have apparently been willing to have her live with them but that's not a viable long term solution.

It is much easier not to think about money when one is not in dire need of it, in my opinion based on my own life experiences.

Regardless of KH's beliefs, until or unless TMH is convicted in a court of law, he implicitly agreed to certain things by marrying her. Among those things were an agreement that if they ever divorced, he and TMH would split their marital property in accordance to the law in the state in which they were living.

I am not a lawyer, all of the above is my opinion based on my own understanding of the law, which is incomplete and no doubt flawed.

She wants half of his assets? Has there been a court filing on that? Someone close to me had an emergency quadruple bypass, so I'm behind, and I sure haven't been to our reference section yet this week.

Is the request limited to half the house and savings? Or does it include pension, etc? TIA, Aedrys.

Oregon is an equitable distribution state - what is considered fair, not necessarily 50-50.

Pension or retirement plan is considered marital property.

As he should be. This stay at home mom who wasn't working suddenly has 350,000 to spend on her defense? And she still wants half of his assets too? I'd be worried about that if I was him. I wouldn't want any of my hard earned money going to defend the woman I believe took my son, nuh uh, no way.

PLUS, she expects him to foot the bill for her divorce attorney's fees!

So, so agree! I don't know why some people question why Kaine is wondering where TH suddenly got this windfall of money from. I mean, she is the one he thinks is responsible for the disappearance of his son. His son is gone and she's possibly responsible and she suddenly has hundreds of thousands of dollars and no one thinks Kaine's hinky meter should be going off? Here's this woman he was married to and thought he knew. Then his son goes missing on her watch and he finds out she tried to hire someone to murder him. I would want to know EVERYTHING!

I thought he needed to know where the money came from so he would know if he has a financial obligation. Isn't that the legal issue at hand?

KATUNews KATU.com
Kaine Lawyer: “[Terri's] request for abatement serves her self interest over what is best for the children... which is timely resolution."
40 seconds ago

Oh SNAP. That had to hurt!

Thank you so much freefallzzzz!!!! I do not have your tweet app; it was so hard to go to all the sites and refresh them constantly. Please keep updating :)

Goes to show we do not know what is happening behind the scenes.

She could have been fighting to see her daughter from day one for all we know. Seriously.
I don't think so. In a civil suit, such as custody, the information is in the public record. Had she been legally "imploring" anyone to see her daughter there would be court documents attesting to that fact.

I believe this to be true, but I am not a lawyer and I do not live in Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member