2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Quote:
Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said Monday night her office is "not talking about personal issues going on with the Hormans." She said Terri Horman is neither a person of interest nor a suspect.

But yet,they're all over it,the family issuing the family statement without TH's name on it on thier page.I'm sure they're helping guide the family on how to go about this.

and its on there site cause the family issued it thru LE. so something hinky obviously

I can name a case Chris Coleman that murder his Wife and two little boys in Illinois.
Presser after presser LE said No suspect No POI. Three weeks later he was arrested.
I remember this case during one of the presser it was clear that LE was lying.
J/S

It is very poor reporting-we have seen it dozens of times. As far as I am concerned, LE did not say anything new yesterday and have not cleared or accused anyone of anything. I do not expect them to do so until they actually make an arrest.

I just want to thank CBS for getting me all in a tizzy about an INCORRECT LE statement. I am so embarrassed. I still think an arrest of TH is coming, but I got all angry over what I thought was a specific statement, and it turned out it wasn't.

The one thing worse than no information is wrong information.

*grumbles about media and inaccurate reporting*

I guess the title of this thread needs to be changed now?

*whispers*

*come in closer...*

Did anyone else just see an article about a "plan being in place for TH's arrest" come up from the WW blog in the google search that is no longer posted? If so, could you give me the jist of it...?

(I know WW is not to be trusted, ok... I just have an inquiring mind, that's all.) :angel:

*stops whispering*

So, how about that soccer, eh?

there's a thread for it whyaduck. take it with a grain of pepper (its not worth salt).

Look out Portland. Emma's got a plane ticket and she's gonna come whip some sloppy reporting arse.

grrrrrrrrrrrr... :cursing:

:woohoo: And I'll take you out for a drinkie when you get here. :)
But it was the crappy national news stringers, not our valiant locals ;)

The last two pages of this thread have sapped my will to live. lol
C'mon guys, you know you can't believe everything you read? It all gets to us filtered.

I just want to thank CBS for getting me all in a tizzy about an INCORRECT LE statement. I am so embarrassed. I still think an arrest of TH is coming, but I got all angry over what I thought was a specific statement, and it turned out it wasn't.

The one thing worse than no information is wrong information.

*grumbles about media and inaccurate reporting*

I guess the title of this thread needs to be changed now?

the saga continues.

when the media gets something write, then i'll be floored :)

*whispers*

*come in closer...*

Did anyone else just see an article about a "plan being in place for TH's arrest" come up from the WW blog in the google search that is no longer posted? If so, could you give me the jist of it...?

(I know WW is not to be trusted, ok... I just have an inquiring mind, that's all.) :angel:

*stops whispering*

So, how about that soccer, eh?

yeah - paraphrasing here. (not in quotes. heh.)

the big plan just in case of an arrest of Terri was: if they arrested her they were going to also call mental health at the time of her arrest, to have her evaluated & suicide watched.

just some more stellar investigative reporting there, IMO.

the big plan just in case of an arrest of Terri was: if they arrested her they were going to also call mental health at the time of her arrest, to have her evaluated & suicide watched.

It just came up in my Google news search, and then the link didn't work and the whole darn blog is now "unavailable," so of course it got my attention.

I'm not usually so low brow, I swear. :iamashamed0005:

:woohoo: And I'll take you out for a drinkie when you get here. :)
But it was the crappy national news stringers, not our valiant locals ;)

The last two pages of this thread have sapped my will to live. lol
C'mon guys, you know you can't believe everything you read? It all gets to us filtered.

As I'm arriving in Portland shortly, you need to stay alive a bit longer. I need that drinkie.

Sorry everyone, the fact that the "She said Teri Horman is not a POI or suspect" story is on the AP wires all over the planet stuck in my craw big time. LOL. :angel:

Please, just do me the courtesy of looking at this article. The article that is the original post of this thread, and gave the thread it's title.

This is an AP article, widely circulated. Today's date.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/29/ap/national/main6628859.shtml

I was looking to get to the bottom of it - asked the forum to have a look. I appreciate everyone that found articles with other quotes about POIs and suspects. But, I still don't know how the above ended up in the AP press. Hoping it will be clarified soon.

Sure...

There's no by-line, which means that the AP probably picked it up from local media in Portland and, in paraphrasing Lindstrand's statement, gave it a completely different meaning. I looked at KVAL, the local CBS affiliate, to see if that's where cbsnews.com got their info, but KVAL has nothing recent from Lindstrand--nothing at all from her about the divorce or restraining order.

Considering all that we know, I'd be shocked if Terri weren't a POI. I think that Lindstrand is a fairly skilled wordsmith, in that in the direct quotation, she evaded the issue by saying that no suspects have been named. Not the same as "there are no suspects," or "X is not a suspect."

The meaning, I think, of Lindstrand's statement was distorted in the paraphrase.

And I bet at the time Lt. Mary L. made the statement that 'Terri Horman is not a POI or suspect', (if she indeed made that statement), it was 100% true.
that part of the article was not in quotes. The only part in quotes was that they have no comment on the family issues.

Just saying...

Wow, that's just...stunning...what a scoop. What would be surprising is if they *didn't* have a contingency plan.

based on?

this isnt like that argument in the sandru cantu thread where it seems women cant act on there own without men helping or being motivation is it?

she is a body builder so its not like she isnt physically capable of it, and then getting rid of the body.

god i hate saying that.

Physically of course she'd have the strength to do it.

Mentally/emotionally, I'm not so sure. She strikes me as a dependent personality, almost clingy, requiring frequent reassurance and affirmation. Reaching out to friends is expected, but there's something about how Terri has gone about this that makes me wonder how fragile her self-esteem really is. I also think if she had been the sole perp here, she would have broken already. I don't think she could stand up to the pressure knowing she would be the only one to go down for this.

IMO, if she is involved, it's either directly or indirectly with another person.

Just my gut.

'course, my gut's been wrong before :)

why a duck i left a comment for them complimenting (sarcastically) on there brilliant work. then told them they need to retire. they probably had to clean out the whole system ;)

I don't know when I have been so confused,lol. Thank you all...I am sure if I have to sign any documents henceforth in my life I will scrutinize every line letter by letter,lol........This has been a fascinating study in who's on first and how did he get there,roflmbo...............................nuts I tell ya.:dance:

Wow, that's just...stunning...what a scoop. What would be surprising is if they *didn't* have a contingency plan.

Yeah, that actually sounds like some SOP the blog got from the LE manual for highly emotional cases, no?

(Sorry for bringing it up in the first place. You know what curiosity did, right? That's right - it killed the cat, but it also diminished the duck's rep.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back