2010.06.29 -- LE says TH not POI nor suspect

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you all for the critique of the article. Let's get back on topic.

websleuthstrain.jpg

I just hope we hear something soon! Something pointing to finding Kyron! Of the six cases I've invested myself in (not counting this one), only one is on the road to justice (Caylee). It's very disappointing and exhausting when everything is a dead end and justice seems to be in a parallel universe!

I pray this isn't another case where in a year or two we're still pondering the possibilities and finding ourselves checking in less and less.

Well, regardless of what that "eporter" titled the article, LE is still saying TH is not a suspect OR even a POI.

Well, darn - I was hoping that article was a reversal, but basically the Herald is saying, "LE says not, but their actions say otherwise."

Some journalistic equivalent to, "Their lips say no no, but their eyes say yes yes," I guess.

According to Ms. Salt, LE is "pushing" media to report TH as a suspect, even while they are saying she is not. This eporter's mind is out-to-lunch. Since when has "no comment" meant: Go ahead, declare her a suspect.

At best this is a poorly written article that made some mistakes inadvertently. At worst, the eporter really doesn't give a carp about the facts and deliberately is trying to sway public opinion..... either way, it isn't news. And it shouldn't be printed as such.

Thank you all for the critique of the article. Let's get back on topic.

websleuthstrain.jpg

I love the humor you bring with your "whistles and bells"

I know, I'm still OT.......but , don't worry, I don't post much anyway, but while I'm on this train I'll say that (I know it's been said many times, many ways but) KH HAD to know his actions would cause immediate and more intense scrutiny of TH by EVERYONE which follows...........there must have been very good reason for his actions......as everyone has said......you wouldn't just DO that to someone without good reason, would you????????????

(reason I don't post.....I always come off looking like "simple Simon" and I may have just posted on the wrong thread! ??:crazy:)

baby.jpg

emma reading today's news reports
:blushing:​

OT warning....I just wish I was as talented as Kimster ...how the heck did she insert her photo on that train?????????????????LOL

Would someone local give me pronounciation of the name of the sheriff's office?

Phonetic wise maybe, TIA

I love the humor you bring with your "whistles and bells"

I know, I'm still OT.......but , don't worry, I don't post much anyway, but while I'm on this train I'll say that (I know it's been said many times, many ways but) KH HAD to know his actions would cause immediate and more intense scrutiny of TH by EVERYONE which follows...........there must have been very good reason for his actions......as everyone has said......you wouldn't just DO that to someone without good reason, would you????????????

(reason I don't post.....I always come off looking like "simple Simon" and I may have just posted on the wrong thread! ??:crazy:)

I don't know whether this was in fact his motivation -- but it does succeed in turning any attention away from him and back on his poor dear soon-to-be-ex...

Phonetic wise maybe, TIA

Do you mean Multnomah? Mult-no-muh.

If you're asking about something different, my apologies. :)

Phonetic wise maybe, TIA

mult-noh-mah
Accent on the 2nd syllable.

Or do you mean the new guy? Dan Staton. Stay-ton. lol

yeah - paraphrasing here. (not in quotes. heh.)

the big plan just in case of an arrest of Terri was: if they arrested her they were going to also call mental health at the time of her arrest, to have her evaluated & suicide watched.

just some more stellar investigative reporting there, IMO.

(tongue in cheek)

Yeah, because everyone knows that Multnomah County has never ever contemplated arresting someone whose mental stability might be questionable. No one in the Portland area could possibly be mentally unstable, so they have to come up with a specific plan to deal with this unique contingency.

(removing tongue from cheek)

Do we know if LE is still keeping an officer 24/7 at the Horman home? I'm curious how LE is dealing with the separation. Does Kaine get the officer presence at his new residence, or just Terri at the family home?

It sounded as though Terri was alone the other day when the reporter turned up. And with her parents there, I am not getting the impression LE is there. I think that was in the first week or so, when LE really did not know what they are dealing with (and now of course, they know so much more? I hope?)
I wish I really thought they had this thing wrapped up but still not feeling it.

(tongue in cheek)

Yeah, because everyone knows that Multnomah County has never ever contemplated arresting someone whose mental stability might be questionable. No one in the Portland area could possibly be mentally unstable, so they have to come up with a specific plan to deal with this unique contingency.

(removing tongue from cheek)

LOL...actually....this procedure was even on film recently. The other night, I just happened to turn to SPIKE TV and a show called JAIL was on..one of the places being filmed for the episode was Multnomah County SO! Just during the 20 minutes or so that I had the show on, they followed a basic procedure like this with TWO cases who were brought into the booking area. One was intoxicated and said he had taken pills to hurt himself, the other was an agitated person brought in from the Native American facility on Sauvie Island. Both were isolated and an appropriate process instituted. Obviously they deal with such cases daily and know and follow planned procedures as do all LE agencies.

jmo

Let me pose a question:

If LE is not disclosing that TH is a suspect in order to find Kyron - and they believe that is the ONLY way to find him - are we all okay with that?

For me, it depends on how long this goes on.

What I fear is if all they have is a few minor inconsistencies in her story and a lot of suppositions about how she "should" act if innocent, without enough evidence to actually arrest her.

Hanging her out in the wind for awhile can be a legitimate pressure tactic but there has to be a reasonable time limit.

I can't get past thinking about Steven Hatfill, whose career was thoroughly ruined by the FBI and who is now known to have been innocent. It turned out that all they had in his case were a few coincidences and some behaviour that they judged as being inconsistent with innocence. Too bad for Mr Hatfill that he was actually innocent.

In fact, the FBI so thoroughly bungled the Hatfill case that I now have some doubts about their case against Bruce Ivins. As Ivins has committed suicide, I truly believe it is possible that we will never find out who was behind the anthrax attacks without someone who can fight for exoneration.

What I fear is if the current state of affairs goes on for years with TMH is that her life will be ruined without her ever getting an opportunity to exonerate herself.

For instance, she may now be engaged in a custody dispute over Baby K with Kaine Horman. It's hard to imagine a judge granting her anything beyond supervised visitation at this point. She's a teacher; does anyone really think a school district would hire her, especially right now with so many applicants per position?

What if this goes on for 15 years and then suddenly they find a different perp. That would be a long time and a heavy price to pay for the burden of doubt she's under right now. Too heavy. And money doesn't really compensate for things like losing the day to day contact with a child.

It's a frustrating problem. I wouldn't want there to be an official "arrest or forfeit" deadline because that would just give the guilty a goal post. But it's completely unfair to keep someone in this state of "conviction via media" for long, either.

In the end, perhaps all I am left with is what Thomas Jefferson is alleged to have said: better a thousand guilty men go free than one innocent man be punished.

Gary Condit? His entire career was lost, not to mention an entire murder investigation was botched, possibly beyond repair, while everyone focused on the fact that he had an affair with Chandra; his alibi meant nothing, it was presumed he had someone else "do it.
A suspect goes on trial this fall, but evidence is all circumstantial.

Anyway, do not want to get off-topic here, but really hoping LE is not having tunnel vision. Just because they are playing things close to the vest does not automatically translate to they are handling things brilliantly. It could mean they have nothing to reveal.

How about Richard Jewell, the security guard who saved lives when he noticed a suspicious backpack at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta?

LE and the media basically convicted the guy of being a lone bomber, when really, he was a hero.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back