2010.06.30 Andrea Lyon is off the Dream Team! She quits!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A tad OT, but you take the LSAT to get into law school, at least in Louisiana that's what I had to take. I only lasted one year in law school, and let me tell you, Casey wouldn't get past the LSAT much less last a few weeks in law school. You have to get high marks in Reading, Comprehension, Spelling and Grammar to get into Law School, and judging from Casey's letter, she definitely wouldn't do that. Also, law school is a hell of a lot of work - law basically becomes your life. And you have to know how to write and comprehend cases - two things I'm not sure Casey knows how to do well. Plus, you have to have other things like a high school diploma and at least an undergrad degree if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what Cindy was smoking the day she wrote that one letter, but Casey becoming a lawyer is so highly unlikely it's laughable. In no way could Andrea possibly help Casey to become a lawyer.

I'm betting she's glad to get away from this case especially because she read statements like Cindy's and it probably scared her, lol.

A tad OT, but you take the LSAT to get into law school, at least in Louisiana that's what I had to take. I only lasted one year in law school, and let me tell you, Casey wouldn't get past the LSAT much less last a few weeks in law school. You have to get high marks in Reading, Comprehension, Spelling and Grammar to get into Law School, and judging from Casey's letter, she definitely wouldn't do that. Also, law school is a hell of a lot of work - law basically becomes your life. And you have to know how to write and comprehend cases - two things I'm not sure Casey knows how to do well. Plus, you have to have other things like a high school diploma and at least an undergrad degree if I'm not mistaken. I don't know what Cindy was smoking the day she wrote that one letter, but Casey becoming a lawyer is so highly unlikely it's laughable. In no way could Andrea possibly help Casey to become a lawyer.

I'm betting she's glad to get away from this case especially because she read statements like Cindy's and it probably scared her, lol.
Oh, I love your passion Aedrys. But, don't fret...no one will admit Casey into Law School when she gets out. However, she may have years and years on the inside to get her GED and graduate college...so ya just never know.

how many law schools take 90 year old convicted murderers?

Baez will probably run to Your Honour to say he lost his death penalty expert and needs another year. Still hoping the entire world will forget about CA. Hey, maybe when she's 50 there will be a trial?

Geezzzz.....

Mel

ETA: Maybe we don't need a death penalty expert anymore. Who wants to place bets that ICA is going to plea for LWOP???

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if I'm repeating what others have said. My first reaction is that this is nothing to do with money. AL strikes me as the type of person who would walk away from a client who does not act on her recommendations - if you don't do what I say, I can't save you. And since her best shot of saving KC's life is a plea, and since I can almost guarantee KC would not even think about it, there was a stalemate. And so, AL moves on to other clients she can actually work with.

unless the defense team gets another team member i cant see this getting postponed again.

i hope they decide to stick with the brilliant minds they have now.

Did she take all the tacky matching shirts with her? Tell me the ruffles are gone!

:woohoo::woohoo: I honestly hated looking at her and a trial of her was almost as scary as cindy in that green shirt!
CM will mumble me to sleep - jury too, so KC is going down!!!!!

Did she take all the tacky matching shirts with her? Tell me the ruffles are gone!

:woohoo::woohoo: I honestly hated looking at her and a trial of her was almost as scary as cindy in that green shirt!
CM will mumble me to sleep - jury too, so KC is going down!!!!!

juding from the letters last week, andrea gave her supply of ruffles to cindy, who then gave them to casey.

casey wants to be a pirate! (seinfeld joke)

Baez will probably run to Your Honour to say he lost his death penalty expert and needs another year. Still hoping the entire world will forget about CA. Hey, maybe when she's 50 there will be a trial?

Geezzzz.....

Mel

ETA: Maybe we don't need a death penalty expert anymore. Who wants to place bets that ICA is going to plea for LWOP???

----------------------------
I thought CM is also D,P,qualified.Unless I misunderstood.I wondered why there would be two of them.

----------------------------
I thought CM is also D,P,qualified.Unless I misunderstood.I wondered why there would be two of them.

i know its hard to tell sometimes, but he IS dp qualified.

Maybe she thought she could get Strickland to let her spew her tears, but she knew that once JB got him kicked to the curb and they ended up with Mr. No Nonsense, be on time and I am not opposed to the DP, Judge Perry she ran as fast as she could?

One thing I would take to vegas, this is not about money. Wonder if she will do any tv consulting work on this case now? Will be interesting to see if she shows up anywhere, doing interviews about the death penalty, etc as she can't speak about kc's case specifically.

Kathi B will get the back story, I just know it!

Maybe Cindy has high hopes of Casey being the next Erin Brockovich????
No law degree then, or, at least not when Erin went to town and cleaned up!

Maybe Cindy has high hopes of Casey being the next Erin Brockovich????
No law degree then, or, at least not when Erin went to town and cleaned up!

Oh Cindy DREAMS Casey could spit on the same ground Erin Brockovich walks on. Ain't happening anytime soon.

It's my understanding that if KC wanted to halt the proceedings and make a deal it would be possible. However, I could definitely be wrong.

Actually, I remember Richard Hornsby telling on another forum/blog one time that Casey could cop a plea at any time.
She could take this right up to the jury going out, and if it looked bad, she could have her peeps initiate and plea bargain.

Course, the state wouldn't have to accept it, but, the clock doesn't stop til the jury comes back with their rulings.

Perhaps the school didn't want to be associated with this whole sordid mess. I can't say I'd blame them.

I totally agree....it's not her very own private Law Clinic (or whatever it's called). I'm sure there are either Board Members or Trustees, not to mention the donating public. I think they could shut off funding real quick if they wanted to.

JMO

Maybe she thought she could get Strickland to let her spew her tears, but she knew that once JB got him kicked to the curb and they ended up with Mr. No Nonsense, be on time and I am not opposed to the DP, Judge Perry she ran as fast as she could?

One thing I would take to vegas, this is not about money. Wonder if she will do any tv consulting work on this case now? Will be interesting to see if she shows up anywhere, doing interviews about the death penalty, etc as she can't speak about kc's case specifically.

Kathi B will get the back story, I just know it!

Good point. So this is further testimony that the Defense move to remove JS and have him replaced by HHJP was the worst thing they ever did for KC and the BEST thing they ever did for Caylee.

Karma. Justice for Caylee!!!!

She volunteered to work Pro Bono, so why is she now stating it's a fiscal matter that brought about her resignation?
From what I have seen of her performance in court, I don't see it as any great loss to Casey.

That's raising some questions for me as well. Especially since the news of her leaving for "Financial Reasons" is coming from JB's mouth and not hers. I find it kind of strange that any attorney would be making such a comment? Discussing another attorneys finances in a press statement? Let alone using it as a reason for a lawyer to leave a case? Something seems off there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton
Back