2010.07.01- Motion for Emergency Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, Strawberry you have zeroed in on the problem. Big time. The rules don't apply to them. I love the way Mrs. Drane Burdick points out that even within the context of one motion their arguments contradict one another "paragraph by paragraph".

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsY8KzVIKr8[/ame]

Jose Baez, "I just don't understand why they wont allow us to observe."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PHp830N-sU[/ame]

PS does Ex Parte = Emergency? TIA
*snipped*

ex parte is latin for "on one side only". An ex parte hearing is where only one side (defense or prosecution) is present and the other is excluded from attending. They are rare and there must be a very, very good reason for even requesting one. If you recall the SA requested, but was denied, an ex parte hearing when they were investigating the jailhouse letters debacle.

The 2 words are not interchangeable. The reason that was confusing in this thread is because since the motion was filed after 4 pm and a hearing was immediately set for the next day, it was not even clear if the SA was included in the certificate of service (got notice of the motion requesting the immediate hearing).

I can tell you the defense is hoping LDB & JA are both on vacation and will be ex parte by default, though. ;) I seriously doubt that will happen. At least one of them will be there, imo.

*snipped*

ex parte is latin for "on one side only". An ex parte hearing is where only one side (defense or prosecution) is present and the other is excluded from attending. They are rare and there must be a very, very good reason for even requesting one. If you recall the SA requested, but was denied, an ex parte hearing when they were investigating the jailhouse letters debacle.

The 2 words are not interchangeable. The reason that was confusing in this thread is because since the motion was filed after 4 pm and a hearing was immediately set for the next day, it was not even clear if the SA was included in the certificate of service (got notice of the motion requesting the immediate hearing).

I can tell you the defense is hoping LDB & JA are both on vacation and will be ex parte by default, though. ;) I seriously doubt that will happen. At least one of them will be there, imo.

Thank you. Yes I hope someone is there to state their side.

Beth Karas on IS echoing what you all are saying. She says it's never done,,the examination outside of SA supervision. But she also says it may get ok'd because it's a DP case.

BK ...judge will allow AL to step down. Says AL has already contributed a lot to the case. Defense has time to get someone else up to speed, per BK.

Costs nothing to fly from eastern Canada to Florida in the summer. If that helps any. :)

Excuse me? LOL...Cost nothing? I live in Eastern Canada and can tell you we have two major airlines : Air Canada and West Jet. They are not discount airlines.There are never price wars and you are lucky to get a flight to Florida anytime of the year for under $1000. Now I am in New Brunswick and the rest of the Maritimes are about the same....

Not sure where you got that information, but if you want cheap figts from Eastern Canada then you have to cross the boarder and drive 3-5 hrs to either Bangor or Portland , Maine.

Can't see an expert doing that !!!!!

Charleyann

*snipped*

Where did the mention of "ex parte" hearing originate on this thread?
There is nothing in the actual Motion which was filed by the Defense, which says they are asking for an ex parte Hearing (without the Prosecutors). I'm confused???

7/01/2010 Defense Emergency Motion to Appoint Special Magistrate During Inspection of Discovery with Expert Witnesses

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/0701/24113825.pdf

Excuse me? LOL...Cost nothing? I live in Eastern Canada and can tell you we have two major airlines : Air Canada and West Jet. They are not discount airlines.There are never price wars and you are lucky to get a flight to Florida anytime of the year for under $1000. Now I am in New Brunswick and the rest of the Maritimes are about the same....

Not sure where you got that information, but if you want cheap figts from Eastern Canada then you have to cross the boarder and drive 3-5 hrs to either Bangor or Portland , Maine.

Charleyann

Sorry OP's....I just reread and saw the sarcasim !!!!

Where did the mention of "ex parte" hearing originate on this thread?
There is nothing in the actual Motion which was filed by the Defense, which says they are asking for an ex parte Hearing (without the Prosecutors). I'm confused???

7/01/2010 Defense Emergency Motion to Appoint Special Magistrate During Inspection of Discovery with Expert Witnesses

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/0701/24113825.pdf

Yes, after my question was answered I went back and read the motion and nothing about ex parte so I was confused as well. We should put this under rumors lol...it looks like it started at post 33.

don't know if this has been asked before, but will the inmate be present today regardless of how long this emergency hearing will take?

Normally I read the entire thread before responding or just keep banging my head on my desk. Is it just me or does it seem odd to say the "all parts of the world", shocked JB did not go for broke and just say the all parts of the universe. Ok, snarky on my part. Second, has any of his motions every ending that the defandent "prays" for the way? WT...... Please, please let this trial date get moved up......

don't know if this has been asked before, but will the inmate be present today regardless of how long this emergency hearing will take?

According to the news reports she will be there. Question is, will George?

I see the defense team still seems to be suffering with a raging case of "specialitis".

Once again, because of his clients "celebrity" JB feels she does not have to be bound by the same rules of discovery, evidence and trial process as every other defendant in the sunshine state.

You cannot make this crap up! I swear, the movies and books that will memorialize this nightmare will be coming for years after this case ends.

Will George? Yes, the sad little pup with his tail ticked will be where Cindy says, if Cindy says and how Cindy says because she is the mom...and because she said so!!!!!
to make you laugh while we wait for the hearing:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ[/ame]

Don't care if GA or CA is there or not. GA needs to work for money instead of living off of Caylee. And no, the name Caylee is not a typo. CA needs to work as well, they have that mortgage to pay off.

Will George? Yes, the sad little pup with his tail ticked will be where Cindy says, if Cindy says and how Cindy says because she is the mom...and because she said so!!!!!
to make you laugh while we wait for the hearing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ

LOL! Her Ipod's been my Ipod several times now! If CA had said half these things to KC we wouldn't be waiting for a hearing right now!

Don't care if GA or CA is there or not. GA needs to work for money instead of living off of Caylee. And no, the name Caylee is not a typo. CA needs to work as well, they have that mortgage to pay off.

I care if he'll be there because I'm holding onto a shred of hope that the anger in his last known letter to KC will sustain itself and he will do what he has to do to stand up for Caylee instead of supporting Caylee's egg donor.

Charleyann

I should have been more specific then. LOL!! From Central Canada we can fly dirt cheap. I just googled a return ticket from Toronto to Orlando for 183 one way or 229 $cdn return leaving Toronto 07/14/2010 and returning 07/16/2010.
We think we're east in Ontario sorry for the confusion Charleyann :) Happy belated Canada Day!!

I don't mean to go OT, but doesn't Cindy's disability run out this month? Wasn't she approved for two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member