2010.07.01 Press Conference

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to a very nice man at KATU. It seems this is a "meeting with the press." Some of the info will be "on the record" and some "off the record." He said they would report whatever they can as soon as they can.

I'm not even going to go there...

I will just wait and see what they say.

Though I am not sure all reporters will be able to keep something "off the record" so we may hear it anyway.

In case you missed it since this thread is moving so fast.

Just spoke to a very nice man at KATU. It seems this is a "meeting with the press." Some of the info will be "on the record" and some "off the record." He said they would report whatever they can as soon as they can

So, whatever is "off the record" does that become off limits to the public? In other words we the public will not know ALL that's being shared at this meeting?

Maybe they don't want to show it live if it's not about Kyron,but a family feud.I can see where people are going to back off if they think it's just a divorce issue and poor Kyron is out there somewhere.
Yes,I really don't want to hear about the family fued.I want to hear what they are doing right now to find little Kyron.

What if they called this closed door press conference to distract the media while they go and make an arrest??? HMMM...just thinkin out loud.

So in this "meeting with press" some of the discussion will be "off the record" some will be on. Well, guess that splains why it isn't being televised. Interesting. Oh to be in on the off the record discussion. But I will have to satisfy myself with something at least being on the record.

beggars don't choose. I'll take whatever crumbs LE is willing to offer at this point.

HLN was not worth watching...it was nothing more than a clip from last night's NG show and a mention that Terri hired a lawyer.

I read something similar too: "I got through to the news desk and was told that there is a closed 10am meeting today with LE and the family going over how to relay information for the public news conference scheduled for Friday. KATU said part of the meeting today included setting a time, so there is no set time yet. The news desk gal said the media inaccurately reported the Thursday 10am press conference being public...ugh."

They need to call a press conference to figure out how to best hold a press conference?! :banghead:

Is there anything such as off record with the press? :) The only thing off record would be what doesn't sell into a now tabloid story.

From my understanding of how some police departments work with local media is that yes, there are things off the record that are told to members of the media to help get the correct story out there.

Here is a hypothetical:

Say in the Scott Peterson case some members of the media were told "off the record" that Scott was having an affair BUT they didn't want to go public with it just yet. The reason they told members of the media was so they would know that Scott is still the suspect and despite what his family says he is not being honest.

So, the media holds back on the mistress info and reports that Scott is still the only person of interest and the police are uncovering new information as they speak.

This way the media is happy and Scott Peterson knows the other shoe is going to drop.

Again, hypothetical of course.

You would have to have a very good working relationship between the media and the police department for this to work.

I read something similar too: "I got through to the news desk and was told that there is a closed 10am meeting today with LE and the family going over how to relay information for the public news conference scheduled for Friday. KATU said part of the meeting today included setting a time, so there is no set time yet. The news desk gal said the media inaccurately reported the Thursday 10am press conference being public...ugh."

Anyone else think there is a possibility they have found Kyron and are waiting until tomorrow to release the information?

The press needs to be about Kyron. NOT the divorce etc. This is not a reality show it is a REAL case with a REAL sweetheart missing. SURE people want to know about the divorce but they need to not waiste anytime on the divorce and focus where the focus needs to be On Kyron.

What?The media got it wrong?No way... :waitasec:
So,it's with LE and they'll tell the media what time tomorrow.I wonder if they're being giving any new news.If it was about Kyron being found,it would be breaking news.

In case you missed it since this thread is moving so fast.

Just spoke to a very nice man at KATU. It seems this is a "meeting with the press." Some of the info will be "on the record" and some "off the record." He said they would report whatever they can as soon as they can

I've never heard of such a thing. I hope the "off the record" bit is a tip off that something is about to happen. Or info that LE wants out, but doesn't want to be directly quoted on. :waitasec:

They need to call a press conference to figure out how to best hold a press conference?! :banghead:

HA HA HA!! Yeah, excellent idea. Maybe since so many of us were waiting for the "fake" conference they could just be nice and air it anyway!

Anyone else think there is a possibility they have found Kyron and are waiting until tomorrow to release the information?

No -- If Kyron would have been found there would have been a leak by now.

It's the 4 week mark..... the 4 week press conference I would guess.

What?The media got it wrong?No way... :waitasec:
So,it's with LE and they'll tell the media what time tomorrow.I wonder if they're being giving any new news.If it was about Kyron being found,it would be breaking news.

Just spoke to a very nice man at KATU. It seems this is a "meeting with the press." Some of the info will be "on the record" and some "off the record." He said they would report whatever they can as soon as they can.

:banghead:

Sorry, I deleted my 'sucka' post once Tricia gave us the explanation. AKsleuth was too fast, lol, and captured me in a quote :)

I tried to go back and fix my post and now my post is gone. Looks like our Tricia took care of it for us. :woohoo: We should call her "Quick Draw Tricia". :wink:

Looks like we'll have to wait for the "on the record" press conference. I do wish NG and Levi had warned us about this. Maybe they didn't know it was a private conference. sigh

Media keeps things off the record sometimes ... usually in exchange for something juicy later. I'm sure there are not that many people in the room; Portland doesn't have a lot of news outlets.

What if they called this closed door press conference to distract the media while they go and make an arrest??? HMMM...just thinkin out loud.

Good thought! Re: the off record and on record stuff, well I have no doubt that there have been off and on record info provided to the media throughout this whole thing, such as requesting the media to stay off record if they discover some particular information, so as to not hamper the investigation.

No -- If Kyron would have been found there would have been a leak by now.
It has been "leaked" many times that his body has been found.(even by media) I won't believe it until I see the Sheriff himself say it. just so sick of the Rumors want the truth but I KNOW that there is reasons the public is not told everything. Heck there is times my own husband won't tell me stuff about cases he works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member