2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is so true Carrie, but it was happening before the family turned on her. I can also understand the family thinking she had to have had something to do with it and LE also even without anything other than maybe gut feeling. I can't figure it out either but I don't have much faith in LE at this point, and I don't think LE told Kaine to boot media that LE will have to work with in the future on other cases at least. I think maybe Terri said something that made Kaine think she had something to do with it and that caused the situation Sat. night and him to file for divorce. By the same token maybe she accused him of doing something and he grabbed the baby and split before she could. AAARRRRGGGG!

Maybe, but that still wouldn't explain a restraining order keeping her from her child. I believe she was a suspect before (whether LE was ready to declare it or not), and now the family knows why. In less than a week, the family went from publicly stating TH was cooperating to asking her for info where Kyron is.

I believe if LE thought TH were innocent, they would have come out to defend her. Especially after all the public scrutiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandi
Jaxson, I read here earlier that KGW reported LE stated a poly/LDT of Terri's showed deception.

Lordie, I don't know which thread. Maybe someone will know or else it will be in the media link thread. xox

The first page of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFacetious
They also just said on KGW news at 7, that her polygraphs showed her to be deceptive..... in addition to what was in the article about the cell phone, not being honest with them, etc.

Wow...

A 'source' said this not LE. I have trouble accepting it as fact if LE won't say it. In fact they did say earlier that if it didn't come from them it was not a fact or something to that effect....

I believe Kaine said that earlier regarding Terri's friend speaking to the media.

I understand what you're saying because the public isn't getting any direct information on TH, but something is seriously wrong when Kyron's family is going public asking her to fess up. You can bet they didn't come up with this on their own...LE is behind them, IMO.

But do we know at who's direction? I mean, what if she's being set up by whispers in her own home?

Tech-savvy: Keep in mind that she and the family are not only tech-savvy, but interested in crime drama. There's a good chance she's following the threads here as well.

He is tech savvy - she's internet savvy - there's a difference.

I'm so sick of all this 'source' stuff. If the source is so reliable, name them. Otherwise, so far as I'm concerned it's the same tabloidesque sensationalist rumors that are crawling all over the net, and I give it no credence.

News media couldn't operate without unnamed sources. (Remember the Watergate reporting?) They rely on their reputation over time for credibility. If a paper's stories are often wrong because their sources are unreliable, then their reputation will be bad. If they out their sources, then their sources will dry up. It's not the same as anonymous posters spreading rumors at all -- a reporter, editor, and publisher have staked their reputations on the information.
Reporters will go to jail to protect their sources' identities.

Maybe, but that still wouldn't explain a restraining order keeping her from her child. I believe she was a suspect before (whether LE was ready to declare it or not), and now the family knows why. In less than a week, the family went from publicly stating TH was cooperating to asking her for info where Kyron is.

I believe if LE thought TH were innocent, they would have come out to defend her. Especially after all the public scrutiny.

Divorce can sometimes be a chess game and the restraining order may be nothing other than the first move. I hope it is for legitimate reasons and not a ploy to keep the baby from her for a couple of weeks. I do know how that is done as I have done it myself... with good reason (very abusive ex), however I was not required to prove anything I stated and had the media been involved I have no doubt it would/could have been sealed)

I am not 100% behind her but I do believe they need to prove her guilty and they can't do that yet. Like I said before they may have a gut feeling but I am not sure they have much else at this point.

I do think LE is playing word and head games and am feeling pretty frustrated.

What did they find in their searches that made them decide Kyron was alive?

I believe Kaine said that earlier regarding Terri's friend speaking to the media.

I believe LE said it in the beginning, about the time they sarted that 'no comment' business...

You can update with something like an iPod touch that is not your normal cellular device but it still requires the app, although it updates as a cellular device (there is an icon). Anything except a laptop that updates wirelessly would, as far as I know, require the app and so there would be a tell when posting that the update is from a wireless device. So, either she updated from a wireless device and there is an icon denoting a wireless update, or she updated from a desktop or laptop.

Okay I just used my iPhone's internet browser to log into my Facebook account and was able to post an update the same way I would on my laptop so there is a way, although more detailed, to post an update from a phone or wireless device without using the application.

News media couldn't operate without unnamed sources. (Remember the Watergate reporting?) They rely on their reputation over time for credibility. If a paper's stories are often wrong because their sources are unreliable, then their reputation will be bad. If they out their sources, then their sources will dry up. It's not the same as anonymous posters spreading rumors at all -- a reporter, editor, and publisher have staked their reputations on the information.
Reporters will go to jail to protect their sources' identities.

Media in this case has reported so much wrong, printed so many rumors, and just plain old made mistakes in spelling etc that the have already lost their credibility afaic.

Okay I just used my iPhone's internet browser to log into my Facebook account and was able to post an update the same way I would on my laptop so there is a way, although more detailed, to post an update from a phone or wireless device without using the application.

I take it, it did NOT say uploaded via iphone, facebook mobile, or whatever?

But do we know at who's direction? I mean, what if she's being set up by whispers in her own home?

We don't know, because it's not been publicly stated. If there is a chance she is being set up, I would think LE would have caught on to that by now. And if they have...well, I just have doubts they would bother to waste their time on games this big. They need to stick to the facts. If they thought Kaine was involved (if that's what you're suggesting) then I believe the public would know it, so that they could get more info on him from the public.

Although, to me, he doesn't look distraught...it doesn't matter much how he looks...because I'm not him. I can't get into his mind to read it.

a photo or a comment, etc. just curious

What did they find in their searches that made them decide Kyron was alive?[/QUOTE]

Actually, they only said they have not found evidence to the contrary.

Divorce can sometimes be a chess game and the restraining order may be nothing other than the first move. I hope it is for legitimate reasons and not a ploy to keep the baby from her for a couple of weeks. I do know how that is done as I have done it myself... with good reason (very abusive ex), however I was not required to prove anything I stated and had the media been involved I have no doubt it would/could have been sealed)

I am not 100% behind her but I do believe they need to prove her guilty and they can't do that yet. Like I said before they may have a gut feeling but I am not sure they have much else at this point.

I do think LE is playing word and head games and am feeling pretty frustrated.

What did they find in their searches that made them decide Kyron was alive?

If this is the case where children are involved, then it's ridiculous. Any vindictive parent could legally keep the other party from seeing their children. Things sure don't work that way around here.

Media in this case has reported so much wrong, printed so many rumors, and just plain old made mistakes in spelling etc that the have already lost their credibility afaic.

No doubt that all the media has gotten much worse about fact checking than ever before, including newspapers and television news. I'm talking, though, about newspaper articles, not blogs, "eports," or news aggregators.
My point was simply that a newspapers' sources are not comparable to sources claimed by anonymous commenters.

At this point, much of what has been reported can't be verified as wrong or mistaken, because we really have been given NO FACTS. Even direct quotes from LE have been contradictory in this case.

If this is the case where children are involved, then it's ridiculous. Any vindictive parent could legally keep the other party from seeing their children. Things sure don't work that way around here.

It is ridiculous on one hand (if it is a ploy) however if they didn't do it this way it could be very bad(as in my case where he really was abusive, really did beat my 9 yr old with a piece of pvc pipe)

Judges have no way of knowing and there are cases (Ethan Stacy comes to mind) where an RO should have been put in place.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raine73
Back