2010.07.12 Friend of Terri's describes her as a good mother

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was in a major link, saying about 6 mos before she had learned Kaine was having an affair and how it hurt her so. That is when she talked to the LS about the MFH plot.

IMO, his affair must have heated up a bit and I think could have possibly been the straw that broke her back and she made that diabolical decision to have him killed. Just speculation mind you but it would upset any wife. Add in a sociopathic disorder and you got trouble a brewin'. xox

You mean all we have on this alleged affair is Terri's word for it? Sorry, I don't believe her any more than I believe Casey A. Sounds to me like Terri used the old "he's having an affair" excuse to have him bumped off. I don't believe a word she says and until we have proof like, oh, let's say Kaine sending naked photos of himself or sexting another woman or visiting another woman, for example, I don't believe he was having an affair. It is a Terri fairy tale, imo. Even if he was, though, it seems rather minor compared to plotting to have your spouse murdered or killing your step son, imo, if she is guilty. There is no excuse in this world that justifies such heinous acts.

If TH did this, I thought to myself with all outward appearances of TH as mother of the year, how in the heck can you decide who your kids are going to go places with when they are invited.

I am probably imposing my views on the interviewed mother, but that was what came across to me from her interview. My children are grown up, but I would have thought a person like Terri would be just fine.

My whole world would have been turned around if I had a situation with a mother like Terri being presented. Who do you trust? Does your child live in a cocoon now?

It's totally sad that you just never know with people. I have two kids ages 5 and 3. I am totally protective over what they do and who they are with. I won't even register them in a bible school that isn't our home church. The only people who have ever watched my kids are family and my best friend once. I am a firm believer that some people aren't who they seem to be behind closed doors.

I'm troubled by this woman's hand/arm gestures. Notice how many times she puts her hands in front of her mouth. She might not be truthful in what she is saying. jmo

ITA, I was going to say her body language bothers me. Arms and hands in front of her constantly.

Kudos to this mom for going before national media and saying something positive about Terri! :heart: I bet this story won't get any ratings.

Mom let her son go bowling with Kyron and trusted Terri. Also saw Kyron at the science fair and relayed that Kyron was happy, excited. WTH

Is Terri responsible for this horrible crime? The only thing all the media coverage conveys is what a terrible person Terri is and how dysfunctional the marriage is.

What a tragedy if she is being set-up while the real perp roams free and Kyron has yet to be brought home! So much media and nothing of importance to bring Kyron home.

Always nice to hear something positive about Terri because I find it difficult to believe that she doesn't have a shred of motherly love and/or kindness in her. moo

[bbm]

she says she asked her son about Kyron's last day at school and relays what her son told her

Stop rumoring about Kaine having an affair. You may say it is alleged he had an affair. That statement came from the landscaper who stated Terri said it. Last week Kaine stated on camera in a video no he was not having an affair.

So until it is proven he had an affair stop stating it is fact.

You may say it is alleged by Terri and as repeated by the Landscaper..... or any variation.

You guys better clean up these posts with rumors in them NOW!

Hi Eyes & Suzanne - I see both of you as loving people who want to always see the best in someone. This a fabulous trait and one that I share with you. But there are times when we come across people and circumstances in life that force us to remember that not everyone can 'keep it together'; we have a lot of crime in this world and that means a lot of people are committing it.

They all have loved ones who care - but it doesn't make them any less harmful to society. :(

Your points about Terri having shreds of good and being viewed positively by her friend on the video, are valid to the core. Your belief that the friend on the video is sincere and whose son loved Terri - is spot on. She did think that and she still does. This is normal. We would expect to find good things in people, no matter what they have done. And that includes Terri Horman. I am sure she brought joy to some people's lives, some of the time. Don't most all of us do that? One would hope.

<snipped for space>

The thing is, I don't see anyone who knew her jumping on the "Terri is evil incarnate" bandwagon. All we have is Desiree and Kaine, and even Kaine admits he didn't have a clue how horrible she was until after Kyron went missing. This has nothing to do with being fond of Terri, I just don't think it's possible to fool everyone.

I'm pretty sure I do that when I'm feeling shy or unsure of myself. And I'm bad at lying so I don't do it much (except for social fibs, e.g. "How are you?"..."Fine.") My body language just says that I have issues, not "I'm helping someone with their alibi". :)

[bbm]

I don't get that feeling at all but what I do think is that she doesn't believe her own words or maybe can't believe this entire situation. She's probably unsettled and uneasy and if she's recently had her own tragedy of losing her husband, her safe world must reallly feel like it's coming unglued. I feel for her.

I wonder if there were awards for these Tree Frog exhibits?
Did they go to to the STUDENT exhibits
and not to the exhibits obviously done by parents.

(Terri's FaceBook comment that Kyran 'did it all'...)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kyron did do most of it.His drawings are beautiful.He seems like a very talented little boy.

IIRC, the sci-fair held at Skyline was non-competitive (no awards). Even in sci-fairs which are judged, those from Kyron's grade level are often not formally entered. It is a sort of practice, which makes it a great teaching (and bonding) experience for a parent to assist a child in the pursuit of excellence. Next time around in an actual competition the child is likely to produce superior results on his/her own. They have to learn somehow, and producing a sci-project is usually a home assignment not a school lesson. Additionally, Kyron comes from a home environment where he has acquired advanced knowledge from being exposed to the talents and skills of his parents and step-parents that are ideal for this type of presentation. Finally, it is possible for a child of his age to be so academically and artistically inclined that he could plan and implement such a project with only minor consultation with his parents. I have personally witnessed it.

:star1: for Kyron!

Really, all we want especially Kyron's family is "BRING KYRON HOME". You claim you took him to Skyline school on the 4th of June. Where ever you left him,get him & bring him home. THEN....... We will talk about who you hurt & who hurt you & Your dirty sexual photos & how many lovers you have to off Kaine. We want Kyron now!!! After that we will give you the spotlight, show the world what you really are. If you can't bring Kyron home ....... thinking about the death chamber should give you lots of thrills.

IIRC, the sci-fair held at Skyline was non-competitive (no awards). Even in sci-fairs which are judged, those from Kyron's grade level are often not formally entered. It is a sort of practice, which makes it a great teaching (and bonding) experience for a parent to assist a child in the pursuit of excellence. Next time around in an actual competition the child is likely to produce superior results on his/her own. They have to learn somehow, and producing a sci-project is usually a home assignment not a school lesson. Additionally, Kyron comes from a home environment where he has acquired advanced knowledge from being exposed to the talents and skills of his parents and step-parents that are ideal for this type of presentation. Finally, it is possible for a child of his age to be so academically and artistically inclined that he could plan and implement such a project with only minor consultation with his parents. I have personally witnessed it.

:star1: for Kyron!

ITA My children attended a small school in a very affluent neighborhood. I've gone to many science fairs. The children at our school often produced amazing work, just like Kyron's, with only parental guidance,rather than parental doing. I have read that both KH and TH helped and guided Kyron with his beautiful science project...

All JMO

Kudos to this mom for going before national media and saying something positive about Terri! :heart: I bet this story won't get any ratings.

Mom let her son go bowling with Kyron and trusted Terri. Also saw Kyron at the science fair and relayed that Kyron was happy, excited. WTH

Is Terri responsible for this horrible crime? The only thing all the media coverage conveys is what a terrible person Terri is and how dysfunctional the marriage is.

What a tragedy if she is being set-up while the real perp roams free and Kyron has yet to be brought home! So much media and nothing of importance to bring Kyron home.

Always nice to hear something positive about Terri because I find it difficult to believe that she doesn't have a shred of motherly love and/or kindness in her. moo

As diametrically opposed as my view to your post is, Eyes, I feel compelled to say that if I were ever innocently accused of anything, I would feel blessed to have you on my jury.

I am curious, though: if no physical evidence is ever discovered in this case, is there anything that might tend to incriminate Terri in your eyes or convince you of Terri's involvement in Kyron's disappearance? For instance, if the information we now have heard is completely substantiated to your satisfaction, does that color your judgments of her? TIA I stand in awe of your compassion.

Probably because Terri was the great pretender. Kaine most likely had faith in his marriage and it would have never crossed his mind that his wife was capable of walking out the door one morning and murdering his son, imo, if she is guilty.

I applaud his efforts now. He is doing everything in his power to protect his daughter from the unstable environment Terri has presumably created through her actions. Whoever Kaine's lawyer is, she is doing a great job, imo.

[bubm]

:smile:

*snipped*

I wondered if Terri had this mom's permission to post the mom's son's Science Fair photo on Terri's FB. I know I would be hoppin' mad if someone posted my child's photo on FB or anywhere on the net without my consent, especially in the midst of this criminal investigation.

she doesn't seem like the type to care about getting permission(s) IMO

BBM

Just the ones I remember....

Susan Smith - 2 children - drowning
Andrew Yates - 5 children - drowning
Julia Murray - 2 children, 1 survived - drowning
Debra Jeter - 2 children, 1 survived - stabbing
La'Tonya Dixon - 2 children, 1 survived - shooting
Casey Anthony - 1 child allegedly

All had people come out and say, she was a good mother, I don't know how this could happen.... I never would have imagined....

The abusive parents who kill their children are not so shocking.

It is these cases where it comes out of nowhere that we all struggle so much to understand.

I cannot explain why or how... but even if Terri rocked Kyron to sleep every single night and went to every school function...She still could join the above list one day.

More than 200 women kill their children each year. More of them here:

http://crime.about.com/od/female_offenders/a/mother_killers.htm

But aren't the overwhelming vast majority of these women the biological mother of the children they kill?

IMO

The thing is, I don't see anyone who knew her jumping on the "Terri is evil incarnate" bandwagon. All we have is Desiree and Kaine, and even Kaine admits he didn't have a clue how horrible she was until after Kyron went missing. This has nothing to do with being fond of Terri, I just don't think it's possible to fool everyone.

Yes, you would think if she was so incorrigible many would have spoken out in the media now telling horrid things about Terri. Especially if they were supportive of Kaine.

Yet no one is saying anything against her except Kaine and Desiree.:waitasec:

IMO

<snip>
More information on activities of daily living would be nice.
I do find it disturbing that KH spoke of Kyron staying in his room in the am until summoned and neither parent seemed to have a problem with that.
He must have a really nice room, but it says to me he preferred to be alone than with the family. That is unusual imo, most children prefer to be with their families/friends all the time.

<snip>

He appears in the pics to be a well adjusted child, not afraid of the camera, not too shy, and seemingly happy. moo

We know he played soccer. This is an after school program held at the school.

<snip>

Just a few random thoughts. About 25% of Americans are introverts (I'm one)--they don't necessarily prefer to be alone (except to "recharge"), but they don't mind being alone. I see nothing unusual about a child wanting to be alone, if that is indeed the case here. Introverts are often misunderstood. They're not abnormal, just the minority.

Personally, if I woke up early when I was a kid, I'd be much more likely to sneak in a few more chapters of the book I was reading when I fell asleep rather than get up, turn on the TV or whatever.

I'm painfully shy in some situations, much worse when I was a child, but I beamed for cameras (avoid them now, LOL), I looked happy.

And yeah, my upbringing was emotionally abusive and otherwise extremely weird. As I got older and more "worn down" it shows in photos of me, but when I was Kyron's age and a few years beyond, my eyes were still happy and sparkly.

I'm certainly not saying that something sinister lurks behind every picture of a happy family, or even in Kyron's family, but that it can. Besides, (and correct me if I'm wrong) a parent would have to be really sick to take pictures of their childen when they are crying or upset. There might have been hidden abuse in Kyron's family (people didn't know how abusive my mother was), or maybe TH suddenly snapped, but it wouldn't necessarily show in photos.

I am saying that brainy, introverted or shy children, like everyone, have a continuum of behaviors that may or may not conform to the norm but are not abnormal. If that makes any sense. ;) All JMO, YMMV.

But aren't the overwhelming vast majority of these women the biological mother of the children they kill?

IMO

The ones we hear about the most, yes.

What is more awful, more likely to make the news, a biological mother killing her own child...or a father's girlfriend or wife killing his child?

It is more unbelievable that a biological mother would do it. It only seems to me more feasible that a non biological mother would be capable of it.

People can hide who they are. Ted Bundy hid his true self from even Ann Rule who volunteered with him on the suicide hotline and she never caught on. And she was a law enforcement officer. Just sayin'

The ones we hear about the most, yes.

What is more awful, more likely to make the news, a biological mother killing her own child...or a father's girlfriend or wife killing his child?

It is more unbelievable that a biological mother would do it. It only seems to me more feasible that a non biological mother would be capable of it.

Actually, it seems like a lot of cases I hear about where a child has been murdered have been done by a non-biological dad, or boyfriend. I think it's more common in that sort of case. It's extremely rare, it seems, to find a non-biological mother that does that sort of thing. I think that's what trips us up here. If TH were a man, I don't think there'd be nearly as much confusion about what happened here. But because she's a woman and supposedly a good mother, I think a lot people can't fathom she would hurt a child, much less a child that wasn't hers biologically.

But she did provide a lot of care for Kyron. This wasn't a stepmother that only saw him on weekends. This was a stepmother that mostly took care of this child, so I think in some ways, he was more than just a stepchild. I guess what I'm saying is, he was in her life as much as a biological child would be. So on some level, this case does match those where a biological child was killed by a biological mother. Plus, in some of these cases where it's biological, like Casey Anthony and Susan Smith, I don't think there was the level of attachment you'd normally have between mother and child. So in some ways, it was like they treated their children like they weren't biological children, just annoyances in their lives that they had to get rid of. And I think that matches this case too. I hope that makes sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back