2010.07.15 Defense motion to protect phone call of Robin Lunceford

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is the nerve of JB for fighting to have the conversation suppressed, however in his motion itself he writes the part of the conversations HE wants to make public "Lunceford along with Maya Derkovic conspired with Adams to possibly benefit by lying to the State about Casey Anthony,".

In other words suppresses all the parts of the conversation that might show him in some misconduct, but publicizes the one statement he want every one to know.

What gets me is the nerve of JB for fighting to have the conversation suppressed, however in his motion itself he writes the part of the conversations HE wants to make public "Lunceford along with Maya Derkovic conspired with Adams to possibly benefit by lying to the State about Casey Anthony,".

In other words suppresses all the parts of the conversation that might show him in some misconduct, but publicizes the one statement he want every one to know.

In order to get any of it in he's got to let the state listen to the whole call I'd think. :waitasec: Are they just supposed to take his word that everything being excerpted is in context? :waitasec:

I don't know what Judge P will decide on this matter, but it in previous requests which involve the jail - Judge P has ruled that he has no authority to interfere with what the jail does regarding Inmates.
Judge P told Baez to set this for Hearing, and Notice the Correctional Institution - which is the Executive Branch of government in Florida.
In previous Hearings the jail attorney has said that the jail is not going to change their policies for one Inmate Anthony.

JB thought he was so cute/sarcastic bringing up the fact that LDB did not want to even listen to the Joe J. tape, because it would be a third degree felony to listen to, or use, an ILLEGALLY recorded tape. Judge P. told him it would be up to State Atty Lamar to decide if there is a third degree felony being committed.

I think it will boil down to whether or not JB can prove, by LAW, that the recording was ILLEGAL.

This whole motion by Baez smacks of desperation. There must be something really awful on that call. JMO

Exactly!
That's why JB talked about it at the Hearing, for the CAMERAS.
If the recording gets sealed, like JB wants it to be ... at least he got the part OUT to the public, which he wants potential jurors to hear - that they should disregard Inmate Maya's testimony about Inmate Anthony saying she gave her daughter chloroform.

It's no wonder Baez isn't ready for trial....he's wasting all his time and effort on this nonsense.

What is to stop the media from doing a public requests, and obtaining the recording of the phone call from the prison directly? I'm not sure how this works. But CJPerry didn't direct the prison not to release the recording, just the prosecution.

ETA: However, if it's part of an ongoing investigation, the media may have to wait until LE concludes their investigation to get their hands on it.

What is to stop the media from doing a public requests, and obtaining the recording of the phone call from the prison directly? I'm not sure how this works. But CJPerry didn't direct the prison not to release the recording, just the prosecution.

ETA: However, if it's part of an ongoing investigation, the media may have to wait until LE concludes their investigation to get their hands on it.

Good idea!
Somehow Nancy G got jail phone calls with video on Misty and her brother!

When is State's Attorney Lamar going to charge JB with the third degree felonies he committed by smuggling letters and apparently other contraband (food, stickers, etc) to ICA? If I lived in FL in the area Lamar is elected from, I would be calling his office daily demanding this. I would be getting friends, family and neighbors to be calling as well. MOO

http://www.wftv.com/news/24288435/detail.html
excerpt
"Thursday, Baez said he did not know the prison recorded his phone call with Lunceford and asked the judge not to release it.
“Doing so would be a third-degree felony,” Baez said.
”One of the first lessons the defense learned in this case is that there is no expectation of privacy in a correction facility or jail,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.
Baez might just have had the bad luck of getting caught up in the ongoing criminal investigation involving Lunceford, which might be why their call was recorded. She has been disciplined for calling unapproved people by having calls forwarded to them."

Oh my the irony is RICH!!!!
I laughed out loud to read that JB's sneaky ways have come around to bite him in the back side!!!!!
He had no problem with an Inmate sneaking a phone call to him and violating jail policy ... UNTIL he learned that he had been RECORDED!!!!!
And having the Inmate's call transferred from his office phone, to his CELL PHONE ..... he thought he was really getting away with something sneaky!

And to recall how strenuously JB has argued for the illegally recorded Joe J tape to come in, in spite of it being a third degree felony for anyone to even listen to the tape or to use it in any way.... and now JB is trying to use the same argument used against HIM! Priceless!

Apparently this recording does not "help" Inmate Anthony??!!

Apparently this recording does not "help" Jose Baez.

How can a lawyer not know calls from prison are being recorded? Oh yeah, it's JB.

When I call 800 numbers that record you hear a beep in the background to let you know the call is being recorded. I wonder if there is some kind of sound marker indicating the call is being recorded.

I haven't read the whole thread yet so please forgive me if this has been stated already.

Wouldn't it also be true that when an inmate gets close to the end of the time limit a voice comes on to let them know how many minutes are left?

This happened to me and stepson in April (DUI).

So JB has no excuse. Right?

I would hope that if not immediately JB would be able to figure out pretty quickly that he was receiving a call from someone in jail. Heck isn't receiving calls from someone in jail a major element of his business? One would think that he would be familiar with a few of the key elements of doing so?

I agree! These are the three most publicized cases involving young children as victims with women as perps in recent Florida history. No way, IMO, one jailhouse snitch could have info about them all. It's a scam on her part.

But then, why would Baez want the phone call sealed if it's so obviously a jailhouse scammer? If it's all bogus, why give it the attention by filing a motion?

Has JB contacted this woman's attorney for permission to speak to her with regard to the Caylee Anthony case. From past experiences with jail house phone calls they are public record.

Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
I think the State Attorneys NEVER would have known about this call to JB, if the Inmate Robin L were not under a CURRENT criminal investigation and having all her calls recorded and her actions monitored.
Why didn't JB ever notify the State Atty that he had this info - reciprocal discovery and all?
JB is always whining that the State Atty does not give him info when they have it -- he knew about this call back in MAY.
I would like to know exactly how the State Atty became aware of this call from the Inmate to Baez?
I wonder if there are any violations of FL Rules of Criminal Procedure in not notifying the Prosecutors that he had this info?

Right, I heard that too, at the Hearing.
It sounds like the State told JB they would be getting the recording, and JB jumped the gun and QUICKLY filed a Motion to keep it sealed.But, I'm wondering how the State became aware of the tape originally? JB did not tell the State about the call back in May when it happened.
I would imagine whichever agency is doing the current criminal investigation of Inmate Robin L., notified the State Attys in the Inmate Anthony case to let them know they had this phone call recording.

BBM
Yes, LDB did say they hadn't received yet.

Oops...Could this be consciousness of guilt? I think JB tattled on himself.

Ha! I just reread this motion, Baez didn't even notice any of the jails! Will HHJP have the authority to seal? Haven't we been down this road before?

Ha! I just reread this motion, Baez didn't even notice any of the jails! Will HHJP have the authority to seal? Haven't we been down this road before?

I don't know what Judge P will decide on this matter, but it in previous requests which involve the jail - Judge P has ruled that he has no authority to interfere with what the jail does regarding Inmates.
Judge P told Baez to set this for Hearing, and Notice the Correctional Institution - which is the Executive Branch of government in Florida.
In previous Hearings the jail attorney has said that the jail is not going to change their policies for one Inmate Anthony.
Judge P's authority is in the Judicial branch of government, and he cannot interfere with the Executive branch.

Judge P's authority is in the Judicial branch of government, and he cannot interfere with the Executive branch.

I must have missed that part, I kept getting bumped off during the hearing.:banghead:
Thank you!

Reading around the net, seems this Robin Lunceford called Jose Baez to tell him Maya Derkovich made up what she said about ICA to get transferred to Lowell...FWIW!

so I'm under the impression RL had no conversations with ICA herself but called ICA's attorney to inform him of her suspicions...

Justice for Caylee

Hoping this is okay, mods/staff....just trying to understand how this woman fits into the picture with Caylee..JMHO

Isn't that hearsay? My question is why would JB even talk to this woman RL under these circumstances. I saw the MD interview, and I truly believe this woman words. RL has nothing to gain, and has refused to even consider testifying in the Caylee case for a sentence reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam