2010.07.17 - President of NCM&EC could be a stranger abduction.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who said anything about bombshells and concrete? The seemingly narrow category that, according to Allen, includes Kyron's disappearance is wide open with possibilities. It doesn't necessarily exonerate Terri nor indicate that the case has been solved. You presume too much from my statement.

The question I addressed is whether Allen would have access to information about Kyron's case. My point stands, if he makes it his business to know, then he!! yeah.

Well, happily, I can go run my errands on a note of agreement. There is no bombshell and this comment does not exonerate Terri.

I do believe the integrity of the investigation precludes sharing however.

I haven't seen anyone say, or even imply, the NCMEC category Kyron is in, is proof of anything. What I see are people doing what we do on WS - reading news articles, searching credible websites, etc, and seeking information that might tell us how these categories are determined.

We're seeking info. We're analyzing. We're sleuthing.

I don't see anything bad going on here. But... I could be missing something. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Well, happily, I can go run my errands on a note of agreement. There is no bombshell and this comment does not exonerate Terri.

Good. I'm glad that we agree. :waitasec: I think... :)

I haven't seen anyone say, or even imply, the NCMEC category Kyron is in, is proof of anything. What I see are people doing what we do on WS - reading news articles, searching credible websites, etc, and seeking information that might tell us how these categories are determined.

I don't see anything bad going on here. But... I could be missing something. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Just to be clear...I do not see anything "bad" going on. But, my ole debate team experiences come into play in my posts...and I'm offering extrapolated conclusions from hypotheses that are offered, even if they are tentative or implied.

That's all. I enjoy the opportunity to read all your well formed rebuttal. That's "sleuthing too. It's like trying on clothes. :innocent:

" I can't rule out stranger to stranger...I just can't. " Jason Gates.

Maybe he and the NCMEC are thinking along the same lines /

All JMO

Is the assumption of this thread that LE has for some reason confided in this head of an advocacy association that Terri is innocent and Kyron was abducted by a stranger?

And this interview exposes this?

And we need to check the designation?

I am confused.
Um no, that was not the assumption of this thread at all (Im the OP) I was just doing exactly what BeanE tried to tell you TWICE, which was just discussing an article that came out that had something to do with this case.

I don't think so, SMM & puf, but of course I can only speak for myself and my perception.

I haven't seen any indication of that. Really, I'm not sure why anyone would think that.

It looks to me like the thread is the discussion of an article that came out. Just like all the other threads that are discussions about articles that come out.
Precisely.

I wasnt meaning for it to exonerate ANYONE, least of all Terri who I think is beyond guilty.

Good grief thank you. For some reason I didnt get any update emails telling me there were new responses to the thread but I cant figure out how anyone could take this thread and think I was trying to prove Terris INNOCENCE!?!? what?

I'm still digging for info on how cases are assigned to these categories. In doing so, I came across this article, which I found interesting.

Please note this article is old - from back in 2002. It's still interesting, to me, from a history and background perspective.

Please also note that I'm unfamiliar with the site and author, so can't speak to credibility of the article.

Data missing on missing children: despite intensive media coverage, authorities insist that no child-abduction epidemic exists. Yet statistics prove unreliable. So just how safe are America's kids?
Insight on the News, Sept 23, 2002

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_35_18/ai_92352720/pg_2/?tag=content;col1

I'm still digging for info on how cases are assigned to these categories. In doing so, I came across this article, which I found interesting.

Please note this article is old - from back in 2002. It's still interesting, to me, from a history and background perspective.

Please also note that I'm unfamiliar with the site and author, so can't speak to credibility of the article.

Data missing on missing children: despite intensive media coverage, authorities insist that no child-abduction epidemic exists. Yet statistics prove unreliable. So just how safe are America's kids?
Insight on the News, Sept 23, 2002

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_35_18/ai_92352720/pg_2/?tag=content;col1
IMO, they are a bit whackadoodle in a worldnutdaily kinda way; judging from this author's other articles and commentaries, he tends toward near-hysterical, omg-the-sky-is-falling, conspiracy theories and general paranoia regarding anything connected to the government. Again, IMO, part of the tin-foil-hat crowd. (in fact, found where Alex Jones had referenced him)

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight_on_the_News[/ame]

IMO, they are a bit whackadoodle in a worldnutdaily kinda way; judging from this author's other articles and commentaries, he tends toward near-hysterical, omg-the-sky-is-falling, conspiracy theories and general paranoia regarding anything connected to the government. Again, IMO, part of the tin-foil-hat crowd. (in fact, found where Alex Jones had referenced him)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight_on_the_News

Oh no! I'm so sorry. In that case, mods, could you kindly delete my post? The edit time on it has expired. TIA.

Thanks Calliope.

The thing that confuses me is that there are "only" about 115 stranger abductions a year yet it seems everyone and their brother has a story about how they got away from the creepy guy in the car. So are only like 2% of stranger abductions successful and the rest are halted? Also, is there a statistic that shows how many of the children involve in stranger abductions end up being killed?

The thing that confuses me is that there are "only" about 115 stranger abductions a year yet it seems everyone and their brother has a story about how they got away from the creepy guy in the car. So are only like 2% of stranger abductions successful and the rest are halted? Also, is there a statistic that shows how many of the children involve in stranger abductions end up being killed?

This brings up another question for me--what about stranger abductions where the child is released? How are those categorized?

This brings up another question for me--what about stranger abductions where the child is released? How are those categorized?

Hi gardeness. Another question I have is about all the run-a-way children that have yet to be found and all the cold cases and recent cases yet to be solved. My guess is that there are stranger abductions in those categories, but not classified as such.

My bet is that there are far more stranger abductions than 150/year. moo mho

Oh no! I'm so sorry. In that case, mods, could you kindly delete my post? The edit time on it has expired. TIA.

Thanks Calliope.

No, no no... that's not what I meant. Just be aware of their leanings and agenda as you read the articles.

Hi gardeness. Another question I have is about all the run-a-way children that have yet to be found and all the cold cases and recent cases yet to be solved. My guess is that there are stranger abductions in those categories, but not classified as such.

My bet is that there are far more stranger abductions than 150/year. moo mho

Good points!

OT (or is it?)--our discussion ties right in with your signature this morning!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back