2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fox News is an acceptable source isn't it? I've seen others discuss things they heard via tv news so I assumed it was adequate.

Don't fret the reminders from Kimster and I weren't about the link it was about rumors from the Parking Lot making it into the thread.... :blowkiss:

Listening to HLN, if I'm understanding them correctly, DeDe appeared, but did not testify?

Did anyone else hear that or did I misunderstand. They went on to talk about her possibly being granted immunity.

Yes................I saw the interview with Jean Casarez on HLN - see my post on that. She talked about a person being compelled to testify with immunity, and that this happens in cases where the person has criminal culpability, but not necessarily on the subject of the grand jury inquiry. I other words, her criminal culpability may not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

Edited to add........HLN talking about DD S now. The commentator is saying there's new details in the case and they will be released at the press conference today.

Sorry Granmdaj:blushing:

oh, I'm sorry about that too. :doh: I had to go off line a bit, and I missed your message, Grandmaj. I had to take my daily vitameatavegamin - it helps me remember where to post what. All better now. :hug: I promise. :angel:

Yup the girl's got some splainin' ta do. Fox said she was gardening with other people at the time and they were witnesses to her getting the call and leaving post haste.

Making note to myself to toss my previous theory out. Wowza, others actually saw her get a call and she bailed. Interesing!

Wondering, thanks for finding that link!

Let me see if I can get this straight.

- One person called out verbally (no phone) to Dede to come in for lunch, but couldn't find her.

- The owner of the home called Dede on her cell but Dede didn't answer.

- Still other people saw Dede get a call and leave abruptly.

- Her attorney says she never left the home at all.

Is that right?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

I don't see how these things can possibly all be correct.

- One person called out verbally (no phone) to Dede to come in for lunch, but couldn't find her.

Is that right?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

bbm

I only heard the voiceover of the reporter say this. Is there a place where the attorney actually says it. In any event, the statements are totally inconsistent, imo. And I guess I believe the eyewitnesses over the reporter's voiceover -- so far, anyway.

I don't see why so many people were looking to eat lunch with this woman :(

What was the urgency? And did they even think it was weird at all, until much later when they were questioned by LE?

from what I read, they "called her in" to lunch... will see if I can find the link

Is that right?

Also, fwiw, this account also say abruptly (in quotes, but not sure who they're quoting -- maybe the other article?), but indicates that it was another worker at the home who called her for lunch and called her cell. Wonder who the *other worker* was.

Witnesses tell investigators that on that day, Spicher was doing gardening for a homeowner in Northwest Portland, but “abruptly” left the home at about 11:30 a.m. and didn’t return for about 90 minutes, according to The Oregonian.

Additionally, someone working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and then called her cell phone, but Spicher could not be reached.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ssible-accomplice-in-sons-disappearance-video

And this one says the homeowner called her cell and *tried to find* her. Now whether that means looking around and also calling her cell, or both, is anybody's guess.

The person who owns the house, who was cooperating with investigators, told them she called Spicher on her cell phone but she didn't answer, the source told KGW. A person who was working with Spicher, who was also cooperating with investigators, told them of trying to unsuccessfully find Spicher. Both people have told investigators they have no idea where Spicher was during that period.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Who-is-DeDe-Spicher-99118324.html

Agreed. The DA has a few types of immunity deals at his/her disposal. I just can't see them letting DD off scott free if she actually assisted in the actual murder.

It also bothers me that her lawyer isn't a criminal atty. At least that's what I heard here at WS. That immunity deal is going to have to be reviewed with a fine tooth comb.

BBM

Hey JSR :)

in re: the bold - I heard today on HLN that he was a criminal defense attorney. Not sure, just passing on the HLN news. lol

Making note to myself to toss my previous theory out. Wowza, others actually saw her get a call and she bailed. Interesing!

Wondering, thanks for finding that link!

Interesting. So, a number of people see a random gardener get a phone call and split but no one sees Kyron his last few minutes at school, or his departure. Is this the situ?

I remember thinking, when I first read this passage, that it was silly to have secret grand jury where witnesses are allowed to talk about their testimonies...so I went back and found what I'd read. Granted, this example is federal court.

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html
Found this regarding Oregon GJ (there may be more, haven't read it all yet)

(1) Before the members of the grand jury enter upon the discharge of their duties, the following oath must be administered to them by or under the direction of the court:

You, as grand jurors for the County of ______, do solemnly swear that you will diligently inquire into, and true presentment or indictment make of, all crimes against this state committed or triable within this county that shall come to your knowledge; that you will keep secret the proceedings before you, the counsel of the state, your own counsel and that of your fellows; that you will indict no person through envy, hatred or malice nor leave any person not indicted through fear, favor, affection or hope of reward; but that you will indict upon the evidence before you according to the truth and the laws of this state, so help you God.

---

No grand juror, reporter or other person except the district attorney or a peace officer in the exercise of duties in effecting an arrest shall disclose any fact concerning any indictment while it is not subject to public inspection.

I wonder if this thread title should even say that she testifies...

BBM

Hey JSR :)

in re: the bold - I heard today on HLN that he was a criminal defense attorney. Not sure, just passing on the HLN news. lol

Thanks Beach!!! Well that is relieving to know he practices criminal law.

I think if an attorney knew that there were eye witnesses to his client getting a phonecall and leaving he might not want to try to claim she never left but found an innocent reason for her leaving.

Does anyone have an idea how big this property is? If I hired a landscaper I would know if they left the property by looking through the kitchen windows and the living room windows but I suppose someone working on a big property could technically still be there and "never left" but be out of sight and hearing range.

Also, fwiw, this account also say abruptly (in quotes, but not sure who they're quoting -- maybe the other article?), but indicates that it was another worker at the home who called her for lunch and called her cell. Wonder who the *other worker* was.

Witnesses tell investigators that on that day, Spicher was doing gardening for a homeowner in Northwest Portland, but “abruptly” left the home at about 11:30 a.m. and didn’t return for about 90 minutes, according to The Oregonian.

Additionally, someone working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and then called her cell phone, but Spicher could not be reached.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...ssible-accomplice-in-sons-disappearance-video

Ok, the lunch thing is understandable at least in CA...we generally feed our hired workers...but, here's what I'm dying to know...what was DS's explanation for her sudden absence once she returned to her job?

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07...rents-not-scheduled-to-testify-to-grand-jury/

The parents of Kyron Horman say they were surprised that grand jury was looking into the case of their missing 7-year-old boy.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young say they haven’t been asked to testify before a Multnomah County grand jury and had no knowledge that Dede Spicher, a friend of stepmom Terri Moulton Horman, would be subpoenaed to appear Monday in the case.

“[She] shows up at the courthouse and I got a call — ’saw Dede at the courthouse, it was a zoo,’ ” Kaine Horman said Tuesday, when he and Young sat down for an interview with WW.

They said the family continues to be briefed on the investigation about every other day. The family raised an alarm about Spicher last week when they issued a press release saying she wasn’t cooperating with investigators.

But they said they had no idea a grand jury was in play.

You would think that if LE was taking this to the GJ, they would have given KH and DY a heads up, and with all the things they have "noticed", wouldn't they want them to testify? This makes no sense to me......

See, these are the kind of things that make me think they are not as well-informed by the LE "briefs" as we have been led to believe they are.

Follow that line of thinking to its logical conclusion and then I start thinking that all the "reasons" they have to believe that Kyron is alive, he is being held somewhere, etc, are not based on info from LE, but just their own personal desires.

MOO MOO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back