2010.07.26 Grand Jury begins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where is the link to this information? I'm genuinely curious. I thought her pleading the 5th and transactional immunity was all speculation on the part of posters here and pundits on the news.
I said it was moo in response to calliope's post on if she did plead the fifth than how would she talk

AZlawyer also brought up an interesting point when I asked about transactional immunity on the law questions thread. (s)He said it could be for something as simple as using Terri's card at the gym and misrepresenting herself.... and that made me think... maybe terri had her go to the gym and sign in as terri??? just a thought

I've never read she abrubtly left. But I will double check. Also I've never heard that specific of info about TH's phone pings. Just that she was not where she said she was compared to her phone. And she said she was at a store 10am ish and can prove it.

It's hard to put everything together from news articles because they can vary.

As an aside, did you read Post #11 in the links thread which says this GJ is probably because they're seeking an indictment for the murder for hire plot. A former FBI agent; Harold Copus. If true that's even more interesting that Dede would know key information about that. If true maybe they've been partners in crime for some time. Can you imagine keeping quiet about a murder for hire plot?!!

Listening to HLN, if I'm understanding them correctly, DeDe appeared, but did not testify?

Did anyone else hear that or did I misunderstand. They went on to talk about her possibly being granted immunity.

Helloooooooo everyone talking about rumors and the cousin other than about the GJ had better jump in an elevator and go one floor down. NONE of it belongs in the public forum.

she pled the fifth yesterday.... to get time for a grant of transactional immunity... and she will return at a later date to testify under that umbrella.

moo

Fox tells us Dede has had death threats..We should hope she stays safe to testify!
She may know where Kyron is and Terri is never going to tell us!

Please provide a link to your source for Dede leaving "abruptly".

snipped for focus>

Television news. the word abruptly was my paraphrase. That she left right away. She left in a hurry. They reported that she was with other people when she got a call & that she left immediately, fast, not slow, right away. All means the same thing. If I'm not mistaken I believe at least one of those witnesses is one who's cooperating fully with police.

I didn't write down the exact words. I heard Fox news say it while I was in an ajoining room from one of my television sets.

Is Fox News an acceptable source for what I type here? :waitasec:

I'm thinking it's possible TH called her up and sent her to some stores to pick up a few things saying she's running out of time etc. I probably wouldn't question a friend making that request of me. Which would make sense LE saying TH's phone doesn't match where she said she was. And think about this. We don't know when DD left the house she was working on. We only know when two people noticed her missing. She could be the person who got that 10AM receipt that TH is supposedly using as proof.

You could be right. Maybe they wanted to look at the videos to make sure WHO was actually in those areas at that time. Maybe they wanted to verify it was TH or see if it could have been Dede instead. That would be a good reason to look over these videos a second time or even request them in the first place.

I'm thinking she was involved after the fact and may know something about the disposal of Kyron, or at least about setting up an alibi for TH. Her lawyer's comments about being at home all morning tells me he's really saying she couldn't have abducted Kyron from school and/or kill him, just help TH afterwards in some way - either by helping with disposal or helping create an alibi for TH. I think that was her lawyer's way of telling TH that Dede is admitting to being an accomplice after the fact and nothing else. Maybe that's why Dede was so smug after the Grand Jury appearance. She knows she won't go to jail because she didn't do anything to Kyron and can spin it into TH unwittingly made her an accomplice (even though I doubt that is true). I think Dede thinks she has it made in this case. The fact that she didn't testify and probably asked for some sort of immunity tells me she thinks she can part in this case what she wants it be so she's not the one going to jail here. I really hope she's not underestimating LE's ability to verify what she said and prove she's a liar if she does lie about what happened to them.

I just wish we knew what Dede knew! It better be darn good if they're going to give her any sort of immunity, that's all I'm saying...

Helloooooooo everyone talking about rumors and the cousin other than about the GJ had better jump in an elevator and go one floor down. NONE of it belongs in the public forum.

Grandmaj has been diligent about these warnings over and over and over and over. This is not the time to be getting a TO! We want everyone here when the pressure cooker pops, so take your rumors off this forum and discuss the cousin in the Parking Lot with everyone else: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110074"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That was the last call.

Sorry Granmdaj:blushing:

CNN Headline news just did a brief interview with Jean Casarez. She spoke about a former prosecutor for Multnomah County, McCain, who appeared on a morning news show today discussing the grand jury process.

There were questions about why DD S was called to the grand jury yesterday but didn't testify. Instead we're told that she may testify later. Jean Casarez says that in Oregon that if a person has criminal culpability, often their attorney will work out a deal with the prosecution that the person will have immunity if the prosecutor is looking to catch "a bigger fish." Jean Casarez said this is called "compelled to testify with immunity." She said that DD S's criminal culpability may not have anything to do with Kyron's disappearance.

Jean seems to think that yesterday's grand jury appearance may have been for the purpose of DD S's attorney to work out a deal with the prosecution.

Why is this link gone I wonder? Because no one is supposed to know what happened behind the grand jury doors and someone leaked?

DeDe Spicher appears before grand jury in Kyron case | kgw.com ...
Jul 26, 2010 ... However, her attorney did confirm that Spicher was subpoenaed to testify. She did not give any testimony under oath Monday. ...

Please provide a link to your source for Dede leaving "abruptly". I haven't read that in any articles. Only that when the person in the home called her verbally at 11:15, she wasn't there.

Also please provide a link to your source that Terri's cell placed her "miles away from Kyron's school at the time she said she was at Kyron's school with him". I've never seen that in any articles.

I'm very familiar with the articles in the links thread, since I post most of them, and read all of them. We really need links from you.

Thanks!

According to the Oregonian, and possibly the detectives...she left "abruptly"

Detectives learned that Spicher, who shares Terri Horman's passion for fitness and gardening, was doing gardening work for a Northwest Portland homeowner on June 4. She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

She pled the fifth because she is guilty of something. Innocent people tell what they know and hopefully it will bring a little child home. So from this point on I say put her in jail for being an accomplice don't worry about her GJ testimony and let her and Terri turn on one another.

I can't even stand the fact that this has happened. Two women who could hurt a child should spend the rest of their days in prison, not be rewarded with immunity for telling what you did. I really hope LE found all they needed in the search of her home.

Grandmaj, women are less violent, but when they are violent, boy do they commit some of the most personally motivated shocking crimes. IMO.

Grandmaj has been diligent about these warnings over and over and over and over. This is not the time to be getting a TO! We want everyone here when the pressure cooker pops, so take your rumors off this forum and discuss the cousin in the Parking Lot with everyone else: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That was the last call.

Fox News is an acceptable source isn't it? I've seen others discuss things they heard via tv news so I assumed it was adequate.

According to the Oregonian, and possibly the detectives...she left "abruptly"

Detectives learned that Spicher, who shares Terri Horman's passion for fitness and gardening, was doing gardening work for a Northwest Portland homeowner on June 4. She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

Yup the girl's got some splainin' ta do. Fox said she was gardening with other people at the time and they were witnesses to her getting the call and leaving post haste.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back