2010.07.30 Baez Interview

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask my ex. That's $50 a week. It isn't that he (Baez or my ex) couldn't pay it, it is that they didn't want to pay it. Other things were more important plus the added bonus of giving the childs mom the finger (in a way).

I will gladly try and transcribe the interview later tonight after I have had a calming, relaxing meal with my hubby. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will beat me to doing it!

Hi TorisMom,

Which brings us back to how to stupid Baez is. He wants to practice and knows it will be brought up at every yearly interview if he wants to practice and yet he still does not pay it.

I read he finally started to charities towards the end of the eight years. He is big on charities but not on child support payments.

And when the case is over, he is going to write a book, which brings me to this question. Does he still have to keep client confidentiality or can he tell us all the lurid details of what Casey is really like.

Have a great dinner with your husband. You deserve all the calmness you can get for putting up with what you did. Take care.

The comment JB made about how much it costs to send the news chopper up - suddenly JB is concerned about how much things cost? Really? Is this guy for real?

Mr Baez should stop playing to the press and start thinking about the futility of the case he was soooo thrilled to take on.

This is what I have so far... I didn't quite catch all the questions.

Reporter: HOW LONG ARE YOU EXPECTING DEPOSITIONS TO LAST?

JB: First of all, I want to tell you guys how much you really crack me up standing around here like some big event is about to happen, but .. Uhm, And second, I wanna tell you that I am ahhh...where's nine... (*right here ) oh ok...where's your girl at..

Reporter: I dont' know. We'll just leave it at that.

JB: Not when I'm here, not when I am here to respond, huh. Well, I am not mad at you guys, but the next time you want to send helicopters over my house, let me know. Do u know how much helicopter fuel costs these days?

Ahhhhh, I would have gladly taken photos of my house, inside and out, if you would have donated that money to charity. In fact, ahh, you need to let your boss know, what's his name? Michael Jordan, (Bob Jordan) ok, ahhh let him know the next time, if he wants the offer still stands, but I get to pick the charity.

Alright what's your questions.

Reporter: GOING INTO THE DEPOSITION TODAY, IS IT YOUR BELIEF THAT RK HAD MORE TO DO WITH THE DISAPPEARANCE BACK IN 2008.

JB: It has to deal with what we plan on bringing out in trial.. and I have also had a longstanding position that we are not going to discuss what we're going to do at trial.

Reporter: WHAT IF YOU DON'T GET THAT FROM HIM THOUGH THROUGH THIS QUESTION TODAY DURING THIS DEPOSITION?

JB: I guess you are assuming I gave you an answer that I didn't, right. I just said, Ahh, we really, to be honest with ya buddy, we are not, we're not going to discuss what we do in trial in any way, shape or form and I think that is the best way to proceed and that's how we're going to go about doing it.

Reporter: HOW CRITICAL IS IT THE RKs TIMELINE OF EVENTS OF WHEN HE ACTUALLY FOUND CAYLEE, SEEING THAT HIS FAMILY WAS SAYING THAT THEY WERE TOLD BEFORE THANKSGIVING THAT HE KNEW WHERE CAYLEE'S REMAINS WERE?

JB: How important? (How important is that?) Well I think its very important. It certainly lays to a person's credibility. If they say one thing under oath, and then say another thing at another time, so, ah, it certainly goes to credibility.

Reporter: AT THE LAST DEPOSITION, YOU GUYS DROPPED A BOMBSHELL, ALL THOSE VIDEO RECORDINGS OF THE EX-WIVES, ARE YOU GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT TODAY?

JB: Well, we're going to talk to him about everything. We're not going to leave any stone unturned. We're going to find out what exactly happened. Uhmmmm, and there's a lot of statements that we're concerned about, and ah, We're hoping Mr. K will tell the truth.

Reporter: WHAT IF THE JUDGE DENIES THAT REQUEST, AND NOW YOU GUYS HAVE YOU KNOW, THE PRIOR, HIS PAST HISTORY, WOULD THAT BE TOUGH PROCEEDING ... (not clear)

JB: Well, ahh, we're, we've looked at the case law. We feel very strong about our position...(phone rings) Do you wanna get that?? (no, I'm good). No, no, ahhh, we feel strong about our position, and we're gonna put our best foot forward and lay that out for the judge. I think every accused person in this country is allowed to put on a defense. When one curtails that defense, it is a very dangerous thing.

Reporter: DO YOU BELIEVE RK IS A CREDIBLE WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION?

JB: That's not for me, me to determine, you know. I'm, I am the lawyer. I am not the judge or the jury. Ah, so, I will let them ahhh drawl their own conclusions based on that. Alright folks??

JB: Tell your girl she missed out on me today and you're... and ah, Bobba buoy, let him know that too. (alright, He's sleeping in today).

Reporter: How long do you expect these to last today.

JB: UHMMM I don't know.. it all depends on how talkative.

Reporter: DO YOU WANT TO RESPOND AT ALL TO THE FORECLOSURE STORY?

JB: I already did. It's, my personal business is that. You know.. I appreciate everyone's concern. And if you... you know, I would tell you all the rest of my problems if you're all interested. Okay? Take care.

Baez: Do you know how much helicopter fuel is these days?

Tell ya what Jose. We will get you that answer with the same speed and enthusiasm you can let us know..... what Casey Anthony got for her Two Hundred Seventy Five Thousand dollar defense fund.

Additionally, we'll make an appointment with ya, and we sure hope you wont let us sit here waiting for eight months to reschedule it as you did TES!!!

Notice how rehearsed he sounded. He couldn't wait to get that out on camera - trying to make himself look good. Ugh...that guy!

Exactly! But he doesn't realize he does the exact opposite of making himself look good. He looked ridiculous and unprofessional. He brought up the embarrassing home foreclosure first when the interview should have focused on the deposition he is doing for his client. His client who is facing the death penalty. Nothing about this helped her cause. His PR skills are a joke.

'Your girl' and 'Baba Booey' need to keep on doing whatever they are doing because it definately gets under Jose's skin!!!!

What an arrogant jerk he is!

Lord have mercy...

ETA- I cannot believe that absolutely no one has ever approached this guy, either a fellow lawyer or someone in his office and told him that he has no 'mike' skills, and that he should keep his responses short, respectful, and to the point. It mystifies me.

Ooooo...JB's voice suddenly got VERY shaking when JVM asked him about that jail house call!!!!!

this man should not be practicing law, he needs a reality check. wow.............just wow

this man should not be practicing law, he needs a reality check. wow.............just wow

I think he cashed that reality check and put it tword disks filled with psychic tips, maybe he will get lucky and someone will send him another. :innocent:
:angel:

Baez: Do you know how much helicopter fuel is these days?

Tell ya what Jose. We will get you that answer with the same speed and enthusiasm you can let us know..... what Casey Anthony got for her Two Hundred Seventy Five Thousand dollar defense fund.

THANK YOU! ITA! :bow:

Days after he is talking to a civil attorney about a pic he posted on a public site and failed to set the settings to private. Need I say more about that?

How'd I miss this? What is this all about?

All the details are right [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110336"]here[/ame].

There's a thread about this subject- Casey Anthony's lawyer yanks Facebook photos. Just scroll down on the Index page..:innocent:

Today's Current News Thread

http://www.wftv.com/video/24451409/index.html

Oh my goodness.

Baez refers to KB as "your girl".
Oh boy, that says so many things to me.

Baez will gladly take pictures of the inside and outside of his house if the boss will donate to charity of Baez's choice.
Days after he is talking to a civil attorney about a pic he posted on a public site and failed to set the settings to private. Need I say more about that?

Just his general speaking down to people gets me.

I wish I had the skills to put that interview into written text as IMO it's a doozy.

He makes my head woozy but not in a good way.
5.gif

:cow:

Baez is just not good at talking about his poker game for ICA.

He wants to talk to the media and enjoy the spotlight but doesn't want to say anything. He tries to use the 'save it for trial' comments but he is not as confident and bullish as he once was. He is trying to set a perception of confidence that the Defense has a strategy, a game plan and, they are executing on it.

He falls flat. Far from sounding convincing that the Defense have a strong case JB convinces folks otherwise -- he has the opposite effect. As we have all said before, neither JB nor CM are good at talking to the media and seeding propaganda .... a teaser. They need either a spokeperson with plenty of spin or a strong well spoken attorney, like RH.

JB does sound very jaded and tired as well though -- he is down in the weeds pushing back against the media.

Finally, where is/was the final statement from JB that the Defense believes ICA is innocent (or not guilty) and they are confident they will prove it at trial -- it should be a standard mantra on behalf of ICA at every opportunity. He dropped it.

The longer Baez is on the Defense the longer the appeal process will take place. I'm beginning to think they are banking on that.

IMO

Arghhh!....I take full responsibility for voluntarily watching that irritating "man", but GEEZ that Baez sure gets my blood pressure up!! His arrogance and egotistical behavior rates right up there with some of worst politicians in history LOL. I can't help but wonder why he's putting on such an exaggerated "front", given the rapid crash-and-burn status of his case, his "career", his finances, the law firm bearing his name, etc., etc.!!!
I think I'd much rather work for Click n' Park than have anything to do with the Baez Law Firm. :innocent:

JMO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member