2010.07.30 Baez Interview

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JDzWife, Thank you soooooooo much for transcribing that nonsense so that I didn't have to!!! It is greatly appreciated! I promise to do the next one!

So anyone else think that Baez was forgetting who he was deposing today? I mean it's usually the Anthony clan that we have to worry about saying one thing under oath and changing their story elsewhere.

Arghhh!....I take full responsibility for voluntarily watching that irritating "man", but GEEZ that Baez sure gets my blood pressure up!! His arrogance and egotistical behavior rates right up there with some of worst politicians in history LOL. I can't help but wonder why he's putting on such an exaggerated "front", given the rapid crash-and-burn status of his case, his "career", his finances, the law firm bearing his name, etc., etc.!!!
I think I'd much rather work for Click n' Park than have anything to do with the Baez Law Firm. :innocent:

JMO!!

I wasn't here to watch it but I'll be sure to miss the re-run on purpose.
I can't take him interviewing. ::::shudder::::

I don't get him at all. He's a mystery. Can you imagine him writing a book and just like that Kate goslin woman, he only sells 20,000 copies? lol
I have a few cousins in Fl. that are lawyers and they are just laughin and laughin.
If it wasn't for dear little Caylee, they would consider this a bad parody of sorts.

IMO, there is something very wrong in all this that we are missing.

Tons of money from pictures
cruises
tatoos
more tatoos
cosmetic surgery
new(er) vehicles
cremains in jewelery (not cheap)
The rounds of tv shows
""the best of everything"
Only Lee works. (maybe?)

Lot's of money paid to Baez.
Where is that money
Where did it go?
Some of it was explained but a huge chunk is missing.
Waiting 2 years to start investigating?

Casey is suddenly indigent. State of Florida is responsible that she recieves the best of everything. (don't ALL the inmates wish they had that???!)
.......and on and on..

What do we have now? 4 houses in forclousure?

George being thrown under the bus.
Of course that is after everybody else was thrown under but survived. (amy TonE. Jesse, The whole Grund family, Poor Juliet Lewis.......)
(I think---)
The defense in court is at best sub par. I don't get any of it.
The smoke is so thick.

Man I wonder what is on that tape with him and the other inmate!

Just what the heck is really going on? It's like some people think they're on a reality show fgs.

What's missing? ica sees him perform in court....she thinks he's up to task?
I just named a thing or two here and there. To name everything would kill the bandwidth.
moo jmo jmho & stuff.
This just makes my head spin.vey!

this man should not be practicing law, he needs a reality check. wow.............just wow

Well we KNOW doing a "credit" check is useless.....:dance:

Interesting enough; a man that doesn't pay 50 a week in child support for 8 yrs is representing someone that killed her dtr. :waitasec:

Final thought.........never mind...........he isn't worth a time out! :)

Personally, I would be happy to never see or hear baez; ronald cummings or drew peterson EVER again. They all are carved from the same piece of dung. FYI dung is "animal poop"

All the details are right here.

OMG! I totally missed that. I am DYING laughing!

Eh heh....he will let us know what the resolution is as soon as it is resolved. Oh...that's a good one! VERY RICH! He truly is the gift that keeps on giving!

Can someone transcribe it for us? Pretty please don't make me watch it? lol.

glad someone else shares the same sentiments as myself....some of the interviews are just plain hard to hear and keep listening to....I admire those that can...

Wonder if he is still working on that silly 5,000 doc dump he keeps complaining about....:banghead::waitasec:

This is what I have so far... I didn't quite catch all the questions.

Reporter: HOW LONG ARE YOU EXPECTING DEPOSITIONS TO LAST?

JB: First of all, I want to tell you guys how much you really crack me up standing around here like some big event is about to happen, but .. Uhm, And second, I wanna tell you that I am ahhh...where's nine... (*right here ) oh ok...where's your girl at..

Reporter: I dont' know. We'll just leave it at that.

Thank you for doing that!! Man, I don't know what is worse, listening to him or reading the transcript...ug...

Makes my head spin, ache...etc.

Listening/reading this...I can wait for the trial...:banghead:

Thankyou JDzWife for minimizing the pain. I read what you transcribed out loud and it was really all about him, him and him..... :banghead:

'Your girl' and 'Baba Booey' need to keep on doing whatever they are doing because it definately gets under Jose's skin!!!!

What an arrogant jerk he is!

I think it's just sad a lawyer would say something like "Baba Booey" to refer to a person.
I find it frighteningly unprofessional.
I just hold professionals to very high standards. I expect such from them.:snooty:

You can tell how intimidated he is by KB- he was dreading her being there- hence the reference to 'your girl' in a demeaning way.
I bet he is having nightmares about LDB...

Lord have mercy...

ETA- I cannot believe that absolutely no one has ever approached this guy, either a fellow lawyer or someone in his office and told him that he has no 'mike' skills, and that he should keep his responses short, respectful, and to the point. It mystifies me.
Marti M. was on the job to help with this, and she charged him ten grand for it. Ms. MacKenzie has more than 20 years experience working with attorneys in high-profile cases.Guess what? It seems to have fallen on deaf ears. She resigned her post the day the contract ran out if I recall correctly. Check out Mr. Cheney telling the public that all of the interviews and statement the lawyers were making in the press equate to them having no credibility, whatsoever. Every local, state and national media comment I have seen from lawyers on this case has included the opinion that he should zip it, it is unprofessional and harmful to his client's case. People have tried, and tried.

www.wftv.com/news/18739816/detail.html - Cached - Similar

Baez is sooooo arrogant! What makes him think this helicopter was flying over his home just to catch a gander at it? The cost of fuel??? Then he states, he'll give photos to the media as long as they donate to charity! He is soooo full of himself, I wonder if the charity would be ICA's canteen! LMAO

He's got a dry sense of humor with sarcasm sprinkled on top...He just loves the limelight!

He seems to have it in for WFTV, KBelich and her boss....:innocent:

Baez is sooooo arrogant! What makes him think this helicopter was flying over his home just to catch a gander at it? The cost of fuel??? Then he states, he'll give photos to the media as long as they donate to charity! He is soooo full of himself, I wonder if the charity would be ICA's canteen! LMAO

He's got a dry sense of humor with sarcasm sprinkled on top...He just loves the limelight!

He seems to have it in for WFTV, KBelich and her boss....:innocent:

Seeing helicopters flying around the metro Orlando area is nothing new...heck I saw 2 flying over my own subdivision this morning...

O/T

I want to apologize to anyone that my direct quotes I borrowed from the R. Hornsby q and a thread here at WebSleuths , have offended. Just because it was indeed a quote does not mean I should have perpetuated it. Mr. Baez insults Ms. Belich, Mr. Mason insults Ms. Belich, the certainly they have insulted Judge Strickland, the ADA on this case, often, and so many innocent witnesses. It was refreshing for someone to call him out on it. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to offend the good, good people who read here. There are other quotes that get the same idea across. My personal favorite is from the Florida bar, so I will use that one.

Again, my humble apologies. I am no saint. Just because something is laugh out loud hysterical to me, is no excuse for not having the good manners edit for public consumption. I am sorry!!

TWA, from Me to You

:hug:

O/T

I want to apologize to anyone that my direct quotes I borrowed from the R. Hornsby q and a thread here at WebSleuths , have offended. Just because it was indeed a quote does not mean I should have perpetuated it. Mr. Baez insults Ms. Belich, Mr. Mason insults Ms. Belich, the certainly they have insulted Judge Strickland, the ADA on this case, often, and so many innocent witnesses. It was refreshing for someone to call him out on it. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to offend the good, good people who read here. There are other quotes that get the same idea across. My personal favorite is from the Florida bar, so I will use that one.

Again, my humble apologies. I am no saint. Just because something is laugh out loud hysterical to me, is no excuse for not having the good manners edit for public consumption. I am sorry!!

TWA, for what it is worth, I did not find your quotes offensive at all. I look forward to what you have to say, each and every post.

There must be something wrong with me--I thought JB handled this very well. Usually I am not a fan of the small smile he always has, but in this case it seemed like a "genuine" smile, and also that bit at the end "I'll tell you the rest of my problems, if you want" was refreshingly self effacing.
I have not kept up with the whole foreclosure thing, but no matter who you are such dealings pertaining to your home have to be disagreeable and upsetting. For some reason in this interview, JB came across as real and close to likable. He would be smart to keep smiling (the real smile) and never answer questions.

O/T

TWA, for what it is worth, I did not find your quotes offensive at all. I look forward to what you have to say, each and every post.

I second that.

I'll third that!

No offense was ever taken.

We know where you heart lies, TWA....Justice for Caylee! :blowkiss:

I really do not like Baez. He grates my nerves. Thats all I will say about this in fear of getting a time-out :O)

I didn't understand what the point was in bringing up his money issues as soon as he stepped up to the reporters like he did. I have seen that they (defense team, Casey, Cindy, George, etc) all appear to have reasons for everything they do. So what was the reason behind this? Perhaps it was the person that Baez and co were deposing that day. Perhaps Baez knows that they (defense team, etc) have gone to far in trying to find "reasonable" doubt by bringing up unsubstantiated claims about Kronk. Perhaps Baez knew that the line of questioning (during the deposition) was going to be along the lines of the same shady, dirty handed nonsense that they (defense team, etc) have done in the past. Perhaps Baez knew that those interviewers/reporters would ask him some questions about Kronk that he didn't want to answer or ellaborate on. So what better way to avoid all of that than to start right off the bat by pointing out that the media has gone on their own "witch hunt" and that Baez found it childish and wanted to make sure he got his "sound bites" in there. In my opinion Baez would have been better off keeping his comments about anything else quiet and talked only about the matter at hand. But then again I am the type of person that doesn't fling everything but the kitchen sink against the wall when I am staring the truth in the eyes. I don't accuse innocent people of something, anything to make sure that a guilty person has some small chance of getting away with their crime.

MOO

ETA I apologize for any spelling errors, mind is not quite up to speed yet today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620