2010.08.16 Misty Croslin Scheduled For Hearing On Drug Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"According to Misty, Joe took Haleigh while Misty was laying in bed and covered herself up with a blanket," Fields told Channel 4 Tuesday morning outside the courtroom. "They were there for like seven minutes, appeared to be on drugs and Misty says she saw Joe put Haleigh in a black bag and she heard Haleigh scream."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

Wonder how long it was after he left with the bag that poor terrified lil Misty called Joe to help her hang missing flyers?

JoeOFlyer2-1-1.jpg

I'll be ok with Misty living with the consequences of her choices, if Ronald has to do the same. He hasn't been made to, in the past, so we'll see. If he had been in prison, where he belonged, none of this would've happened. ironic, isn't it? I hope the judge makes that point, & throws the book at him. no more 'get out of jail free' cards for Ron.

With the sentences already handed down, I just don't see how Ronald can get out with less than 25 years. I would also like to the see the little speech that Judge LaRue gave Tommy about dealing drugs during a missing child's case given to Ronald, ten fold.

BBM.

I have been riding the fence on that. One day I tilt toward wanting Misty to rot in prison and the next day I insist she be given the benefit of every possible doubt.

I think the reason I cannot be consistent is because Misty's crimes (trafficking) are non-violent. In the vids she flits around, tosses her hair, flirts with the UC...she's basically a young girl looking for a thrill or two. Not to mention acceptance; I have little doubt Misty felt needed when the UC called her, asking to deal. Sounds weird, I know, but I look back on my teen and early adult years and some of the stuff I did solely to fit in. I was not dealing drugs or robbing people, but I did some incredibly stupid carp.

My biggest gripe is that violent offenders more often than not do not face these kinds of prison sentences. Yes, we hear of those where the death penalty is a real possibility, and we hear of some who will get life w/o parole, but there are some very violent individuals who get arrested time and time again, yet never stay inside for long. They make bail easily because bonds are low for their charges. DS is accused of hurting young girls and he's been out on bond for years while he awaits trial, having been blessed with continuance after continuance. Yet Misty--charged with non-violent crimes--sits in jail on a bond of more than a million dollars. Another thing that gets under my skin is the possibility that Ron could be out long before Misty ever again sees the light of day; that thought turns my stomach.

Misty may have hurt a small child, yes. At one time I was convinced she had but I am not so sure anymore. I do believe Misty has not told all of the events of that night, but whether she hurt Haleigh is a gnawing question in my mind, another question on which I ride the fence. On the days when Misty feels to me to be guilty, I want her to go away forever--even if it has to be on drug charges. But on the days when I think she did not do anything other than what she was told to do by others, I hope for leniency for Misty.

All in all, I will be just fine with Misty going down for the count as long as Ron goes too. However, I fear that Ron might come out of this mess with the lowest sentence of all the players. I may have to pack up and leave the country if that happens.

All JMO.

I feel the same way krkrjx. We know Misty must be lying, but she can sure make a good argument to make me think that maybe she really doesn't know. Why would she offer to take sodium pentathol? I just go back and forth with this girl.

You also make an excellent point about DS and I'd really like to know why he's still out on the streets! WTH?

"They were there for like seven minutes" is some impressive timekeeping for someone who could only account for what time she woke up with "I seen a 3".....

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=163388&catid=3

Crystal was in court today...She wanted to see Misty's face on Haleigh's birthday!!

On the seventh anniversary of Haleigh Cummings' birth … stood before a judge to face a drug trafficking charge, then her attorney gave new details from the night Cummings was abducted. According to our news partner the Florida Times-Union, attorney Robert Fields said Croslin heard the attack happening while cowering under a sheet as someone came into the mobile home and took the girl. The TU reported Croslin heard Haleigh screaming as she was taken from her room. Fields told the TU Haleigh was a "substitute" for a gun that one of Croslin's relatives had been looking for in the home.

(If we are to believe this; did she ever tell RC this? There’s no way in heck RC would let this person remain alive today if this is in fact the truth of what actually happened that evening/morning! :snooty:
If Misty only "heard" the above, there is no way she would definitely know "who" abducted the child; and her cousin's involvement would be her best guess. JMO)

Haleigh was born at 2:17 a.m. Aug. 17, 2003. Her mother, Crystal Sheffield, was in court this morning, saying she wanted to see Croslin's face on her daughter's birthday. She also said she believes Croslin is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. Tearing up as she spoke, she said, "Happy birthday, Haleigh, wherever you are." :cry:
Sheffield said she believes her daughter is still alive.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=163388&catid=3

On the seventh anniversary of Haleigh Cummings' birth … stood before a judge to face a drug trafficking charge, then her attorney gave new details from the night Cummings was abducted. According to our news partner the Florida Times-Union, attorney Robert Fields said Croslin heard the attack happening while cowering under a sheet as someone came into the mobile home and took the girl. The TU reported Croslin heard Haleigh screaming as she was taken from her room. Fields told the TU Haleigh was a "substitute" for a gun that one of Croslin's relatives had been looking for in the home.

(If we are to believe this; did she ever tell RC this? There’s no way in heck RC would let this person remain alive today if this is in fact the truth of what actually happened that evening/morning! :snooty:
If Misty only "heard" the above, there is no way she would definitely know "who" abducted the child; and her cousin's involvement would be her best guess. JMO)

Haleigh was born at 2:17 a.m. Aug. 17, 2003. Her mother, Crystal Sheffield, was in court this morning, saying she wanted to see Croslin's face on her daughter's birthday. She also said she believes Croslin is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. Tearing up as she spoke, she said, "Happy birthday, Haleigh, wherever you are." :cry:
Sheffield said she believes her daughter is still alive.

This is so confusing....Fields said this in court, today?? Why? :waitasec::waitasec:

Amster: I agree - WHY would Fields say this in court today???????????

I know this would be extremely hard to do, but I've often wondered why Crystal hasn't tried to talk with Misty in jail and get her to talk? I think she had the perfect "in" when Misty told her father during a jailhouse visit that she believed what Crystal always said about Ron.

I've also wondered why TN won't visit Misty. She is her former mother-in-law who at one time sang her high praises to the heavens for crying out loud.

I realize this would be difficult for either to do, but I think I would try anything to find my child.

This is so confusing....Fields said this in court, today?? Why? :waitasec::waitasec:

Is it clear that this was said in court? How would this even be brought up? I'm :waitasec: too.

Is it clear that this was said in court? How would this even be brought up? I'm :waitasec: too.

The article says: "Fields told the TU Haleigh was a "substitute" for a gun that one of Croslin's relatives had been looking for in the home.

Outside the courtroom:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/17/1779901/croslin-says-she-heard-haleigh.html

Croslin told investigators she saw her cousin Joe Overstreet put the screaming child in a black bag, and she heard a van door open and close outside.

"Haleigh was a substitute" for the missing gun, Fields said.

Croslin hid beneath a sheet with Cummings' 3-year-old son during the attack, said Fields, speaking with reporters after her court appearance in St. Johns County on unrelated drug trafficking charges.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

"According to Misty, Joe took Haleigh while Misty was laying in bed and covered herself up with a blanket," Fields told Channel 4 Tuesday morning outside the courtroom. "They were there for like seven minutes, appeared to be on drugs and Misty says she saw Joe put Haleigh in a black bag and she heard Haleigh scream."

OH, Misty heard a van door slam open and close.

Never read that before.

I know this would be extremely hard to do, but I've often wondered why Crystal hasn't tried to talk with Misty in jail and get her to talk? I think she had the perfect "in" when Misty told her father during a jailhouse visit that she believed what Crystal always said about Ron.

I've also wondered why TN won't visit Misty. She is her former mother-in-law who at one time sang her high praises to the heavens for crying out loud.

I realize this would be difficult for either to do, but I think I would try anything to find my child.

I think that the answer is simple: She knew that it would be recorded! :twocents:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back