2010.08.30 - Status Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: What or who is she talking about? Which Florida school districts are not back in session or not in today?

Central Florida schools are all back in session, with the last of the counties starting last week.
Miami-Dade and Broward district schools went back August 23rd.
Palm Beach county started August 17 and Tampa on August 24.

Is she confusing school start dates with northern school districts?
Maybe one of you who is in the know needs to e-mail her and correct her... Just a thought...

I have a terrible time understanding Cheney Mason when he talks,
I missed half of what he just said.

-----------------------
Would it do any good to have someone tell the Judge about this? I wonder if a jury will understand him.

I wonder if JB is thinking that blocking the gag order has become a double edged sword?

While he gets the media publicity that he wants he pays the price in getting the media scrutiny that he does not.

These court status hearings are new to me, I have not seen them in any other high profile case. With them being done on a regular basis and being televised / reported on provides insight into the Defense progress and credibility.

If I was JB I'd be a LOT more concerned about the Defense performance (lack of) that is being revealed in these status hearings, on the public record .... than any release of ICA's commissary account, visitors, letters, etc.

They are an embarassment to the Defense and illuminates their media propaganda, placing everything in a new context and .... JB shot himself in the foot blocking the gag order and then removing HHJS. IMO.

No, I agree, he is not old enough to play the "old" card so often.

I was actually responding to the poster who said she heard CM say he was a few years away from Medicare yet. I thought I heard him say he had been on Medicare for about 2 years now.

Just making a point about how hard it is to understand what he says... we seem to hear different things come from his mouth, if we can undestand it at all... :crazy:

-------------------------
I'm sorry but this just hit my funny bone!ROFLMAO..If he's old enough for medicare (so am I) and cant hear :banghead: give it up already!!

OK, I missed this, what DNA ????

JB wants to send something (I don't know what piece of evidence) to the Netherlands for testing.
As I remember, this couple invented some kind of DNA testing that finds DNA on items that noone else can find. I thought it was worrysome when I read about it. Anyone remember their names? Am I remembering that correctly? I will look for their names.

Some difficulty in planning the depos for 35 LE, LDB says defense scheduled them all for this Friday. Says this is unacceptable, only leaves 10 min. per depo. Doesn't think it is enough.
JP says he will set depo schedule if need be, but he will book them into evening if necessary.
CM says that he can do that many in that day and he is the one doing them.

Are LDB and CM bickering here about depos and how to set them up? REALLY? She says that it is unacceptable how her own defense colleague set up the depo schedule? To the judge?

Cant they call each other at home to discuss this? I mean, what kind of relevant info are we going to get from these 35 LE? That they are adulterers, drug addicts...something that will somehow discredit their testimony, right? That one of them put Caylee's body there??

I mean really.

JB wants to send something (I don't know what piece of evidence) to the Netherlands for testing.
As I remember, this couple invented some kind of DNA testing that finds DNA on items that noone else can find. I thought it was worrysome when I read about it. Anyone remember their names? Am I remembering that correctly? I will look for their names.

snipped from: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...thony:-Defense-wants-evidence-to-stay-private

He was soon followed by attorney Jose Baez, DNA experts Selma and Richard Eikelenboom, and renowned forensic scientist Dr. Henry Lee.

Assistant state attorneys Jeff Ashton and Linda Drane Burdick were also expected to take part in the review, which is being recorded on video.

The Eikelenbooms traveled to Orlando from the Netherlands for the case.

Thank you all for describing the mood in court today. I missed the live streaming.

Would anyone know where I would be able to watch it?
Thanks in advance :)

Touch DNA,IIRC. DNAfrom skin cells left behind when someone touches an object.

Thank you ,all,for the play by play. I think the hearing accomplished exactly what HHJBP intended. The defense will not be able to use excuses at the 11th hour. Get 'er done,boys.
I think it will also be more difficult to bring up issues on appeal.

I am so disgusted by the comment that CM made about taking the case because it's fun.
How insensitive and insulting to Caylee's memory. I don't think Caylee was having much fun as she was being murdered, nor do I think defending her mother should be taken so lightly that he refers to it as "fun". This was quoted by JC and the other announcer both, and I came unglued. Not a PMS day either.

O/T How does the conversation go when you hire experts like the Eikelenboom's? Find me a skin cell that belongs to someone who is not Caylee or Casey?

I am being flip, but I mean really.

Perry Sticking To Timeline; NeJame Calls Baez 'Liar'
Squabble Happened During Scheduling Hearing

POSTED: 5:30 pm EDT August 30, 2010

http://www.wesh.com/r/24817269/detail.html

<snipped>

After the status hearing, WESH 2 attended what was supposed to be a routine scheduling hearing between the defense, prosecution and Texas Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame.

&#8220;I believe your partner is not only a liar but incompetent,&#8221; NeJame said to Mason. &#8220;I'm going to say this in light of what he said to me -- he made up complete and total fabrications.&#8221;

Still think a plea deal is possible, especially as Aedrys pointed out, it's going to be work from here on out, and that is not going to suit JB.

Perry Sticking To Timeline; NeJame Calls Baez 'Liar'
Squabble Happened During Scheduling Hearing

POSTED: 5:30 pm EDT August 30, 2010

http://www.wesh.com/r/24817269/detail.html

<snipped>

After the status hearing, WESH 2 attended what was supposed to be a routine scheduling hearing between the defense, prosecution and Texas Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame.

“I believe your partner is not only a liar but incompetent,” NeJame said to Mason. “I'm going to say this in light of what he said to me -- he made up complete and total fabrications.”

I guess they cannot make it public IF they do file a Bar complaint ... but isn't MN and BC obligated, as officers of the Court to file a Bar complaint when they KNOW of another attorney doing something wrong, as in LIE in Court filings?

that was a slam!!! No motion filed that don't expect a hearing within 15 days....even at 5:00-6:00 PM.....wowsie!!!!

Maybe this will put an end to JB's endless motions. I'm sure that remark was directed straight at him!!!

I guess they cannot make it public IF they do file a Bar complaint ... but isn't MN and BC obligated, as officers of the Court to file a Bar complaint when they KNOW of another attorney doing something wrong, as in LIE in Court filings?

That's a great question, but I do not think they have are required to file a complaint.

Ok everyone...I'm away right now and have not read the entire thread...so I'm begging...can someone just tell me if anything remotely interesting came out of the hearing? Pretty please?! TIA

And this isn't considered 'junk science' when air sample testing and the Body Farm is?

Sounds to me this is a chance for the Defense to discover the DNA of SODDI that no-one else in the world can/could. How did JB find out about them? They offered to test the evidence and find DNA no-one else can ..... hmmmm? Reasonable doubt for a fee?

If the University of Tennessee is considered out of the jurisdiction of the State of Florida courts then the Netherlands certainly is .....

Ok everyone...I'm away right now and have not read the entire thread...so I'm begging...can someone just tell me if anything remotely interesting came out of the hearing? Pretty please?! TIA

The Judge schooled and scolded.
Says they will work 8:45am-5-pm, they'llwork 6 days a week, to pack a little lunch. The jury will be picked by May9, trial the 16th.

Time for Baez and Co to be working hard.

And this isn't considered 'junk science' when air sample testing and the Body Farm is?

Sounds to me this is a chance for the Defense to discover the DNA of SODDI that no-one else in the world can/could. How did JB find out about them? They offered to test the evidence and find DNA no-one else can ..... hmmmm? Reasonable doubt for a fee?

If the University of Tennessee is considered out of the jurisdiction of the State of Florida courts then the Netherlands certainly is .....
CBS and 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member