2010.08.30 - Status Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably the one I saw. The thing is, they specialize in touch DNA. In that case, it was a cold case and they sent a jacket to see if they could find DNA from where the perp could have touched it.

What evidence could the defense want to test for touch DNA? It would have to be something not out in the elements for months. Could it be a piece of the duct tape that was covered by other duct tape?

There is a company in Lorton, VA that also does Touch DNA and they were the ones who performed the test in the Ramsey case..so why does Baez want to send it to the Netherlands?

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-09-22-touchdna_N.htm

Touch DNA has been used in a murder case this year. The Prosecution in this case introduced it and the Judge allowed it into evidence at trial.

A NY Judge first to allow the use of Touch DNA in the US in the murder case against Hemant Megnath in February 2010 who was sentenced to Life in prison in May 2010.

http://newyorkcriminallawyersblog.com/2010/02/ny-judges-first-to-allow-touch-dna.html

The thing about the DNA testing in the Netherlands is it is more useful if the request is denied. Because then it is an appealable issue. If the sample is sent to the Netherlands, then the defense has to live with the results, but if denied then they can use it to request a new trial (claiming that this court/prosecution failed to test relevant evident that may have been exculpatory.)

Interesting! I have this vague memory of a case, I think it was a cold case.... seems like a special lab in the Netherlands did some very specialized testing on some DNA and solved the case. Sorry I can't remember the case or the details. Maybe someone else will remember. But the best I can remember is that this lab does a lot of experimental testing.

ETA I made the comment while I was still reading the thread. Of course someone here noted the comment, recognized the context and relayed the info! Thanks you all, I couldn't remember the details.

It'd be very interesting if the Netherlands Lab did the testing and solved the case, that ICA did it!

Touch DNA,IIRC. DNAfrom skin cells left behind when someone touches an object.

QUOTE]
Here is some info about Richard Eikelenboom.
At the bottom are 2 pdf links to a trial in Colorado in which he testified. In the beginnning of the trial testimony he explains exactly what he does.

The thing about the DNA testing in the Netherlands is it is more useful if the request is denied. Because then it is an appealable issue. If the sample is sent to the Netherlands, then the defense has to live with the results, but if denied then they can use it to request a new trial (claiming that this court/prosecution failed to test relevant evident that may have been exculpatory.)

http://www.bodetech.com/technologies/touch-dna/touch-dna-overview

Bode Techology did the Touch DNA testing in the Ramsey case and they are in the US (Lorton, VA)

Bode Technology is an ASCLD/LAB ACCREDITED LABORATORY and FQS-I ISO/IEC 17025 ACCREDITED LABORATORY (Forensic Quality Services-International (FQS-I) Division of Forensic Quality Services, Inc. and granted ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation.)

So why the need for Baez to send the sample to the Netherlands?

Bode Techology did the Touch DNA testing in the Ramsey case and they are in the US (Lorton, VA)

Bode Technology is an ASCLD/LAB ACCREDITED LABORATORY and FQS-I ISO/IEC 17025 ACCREDITED LABORATORY (Forensic Quality Services-International (FQS-I) Division of Forensic Quality Services, Inc. and granted ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation.)

Jose wants to go global.

I doubt very much that it would become an appellate issue if the Court denies sending the DNA to the Netherlands.

There is no requirement for the Court to do this when there are plenty of accredited labs in the US where the testing can be done. I believe the request will be denied - if Baez wants that couple to test the sample he will have to pay for them to come to America and do it, as I said before he can take the expenses out of the $275,000 Casey Anthony was paid for photos and videos of her murdered daughter.

BBM. They promised JB an interesting (skewed) result that he so desperately needs? He had to go international to find the 'right Lab' willing to provide the type of result he needs. Why else? If it supported SA he would not be so interested in it, or publicizing it. Obviously a 'paid' expert with a skewed view.

Hello WS

So, did Cindy just make up the "smell" right then? She says she was just making something up, it was not premeditated what she said...

Then, she answers that George also smelled the smell and had said something about it...

She lied right there! Right there...

:twocents:

Yes she did lie but was it a surprise...heck no. We know she smelled that smell in the car. She was out there cleaning the car out...washing Casey's pants, etc. Then she has the nerve to get up there and lie saying that George told her about the smell...like she didn't smell it too. If that comes up at the trial I hope the Pros calls her on it. Does this family even know how to tell the truth???

Yes she did lie but was it a surprise...heck no. We know she smelled that smell in the car. She was out there cleaning the car out...washing Casey's pants, etc. Then she has the nerve to get up there and lie saying that George told her about the smell...like she didn't smell it too. If that comes up at the trial I hope the Pros calls her on it. Does this family even know how to tell the truth???

To the A's the 'truth' is just a perception, a wrong perception. It needs to fit and mold into their new reality which evolves over time to protect the (C)A image.

It is just a shift in the Truth Time Continuum.

According to certain Euclidean space perceptions, the universe has three dimensions of truth (the truth, mistruth and, half-truths) and one dimension of time. The Truth has a half-life that evolves rapidly based on CA's perception of image (damage control). You must accept the new truth = new reality.

Hope this helps!

He did, and I think that's a crock. You have to swear the witness in, get the name and address and employer for the record, and then ask substantive questions, I hope something better than "What do you know about this case?"

He is such a blowhard! I hope the judge wants him to prove that. I've had to do depo's before and they take forever. I think he has dymentia.

BBM. They promised JB an interesting (skewed) result that he so desperately needs? He had to go international to find the 'right Lab' willing to provide the type of result he needs. Why else? If it supported SA he would not be so interested in it, or publicizing it. Obviously a 'paid' expert with a skewed view.

How dumb is dumb! The minute JB DEMANDS that it absolutely must travel overseas, the SA will demand that the sample be "split" for stateside accreditated laboratory testing, in the spirit of full disclosure/reproducibility, of course!:innocent:

How dumb is dumb! The minute JB DEMANDS that it absolutely must travel overseas, the SA will demand that the sample be "split" for stateside accreditated laboratory testing, in the spirit of full disclosure/reproducibility, of course!:innocent:

Yes. By calling attention to it like this it just arouses natural suspicions and the need for safeguards ... else any surprise exculpatory finding for ICA would be questioned and quite rightly so.

In fact JB needs it for the Defense as well, to ensure if there is anything exculpatory it is seen as admissible, to protect the Defense as well as SA.

The sad thing is, JB thinks he can play by his own sneeky rules and doesn't seem to get that he needs to keep everything above board.

ITA. To add to the impracticality ~ the entire item would be needed in its whole form to totally check the item for "touch" dna, wouldn't it? Splitting it into samples would negate the purpose of the effort. This request is just too unfeasible. MOO

Interesting to me that Dominic is not the one who turned over all this emails with the psychic guy and his groupies .... it was a "third party" (I assume Luke P) who turned them over to law enforcement, and LE turned them over to the State. That tells me that Dominic STILL is not cooperating and telling what he knows.

Also interesting that CM is doing allllllllllll 35 depositions on Friday, not JB??!!

The new Amended Defense witness list is interesting for who they took OFF their list, more so than who they added.

And Judge P. made a new rule - if you file a Motion, it WILL BE heard within 15 days. Do not file a motion unless you plan to have a Hearing on it within 15 days. He does not want the case file clogged up with Motions just dangling there.
Now that is interesting...oh where oh where can DC's depo be?
Thanks TT!

Yes . . . . . a wake up call for JB.

Stop the games and delays -- posturing is what JB does best and -- focus. JB does not like to focus and get real work done. Now is the time for some real work.

If you want to play ... the role of Defense ... you have to pay, and do some work.

Just now getting back to this thread after the hearing today....now that it is apparent that HHJP means what he says about getting on with things in a timely manner, how much you want to bet that very shortly Mason will be exiting stage left? I mean, the man hasn't even caught up on the old discovery, because he shows his lack of knowledge of this case whenever he appears in the media. I think he's just there as a stand-in DP qualified attorney. Who knows who will take his place next!

Personally, I think CM is losing it. He should have retired while he was ahead of his game. He will come off looking like a fool if he continues. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts