2010.08.30 - Status Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they weren't there. TruTV's pre-hearing coverage announced that their lawyers had already stated they would not attend today. Marinade Dave walked in a few minutes late. I was glad to see the camera pointed at the prosecution side for a change.

I DVR'd TruTV from 9am - 3pm and just now watched the earlier coverage. Around 9:30 they had Brad Conway on, and again he was spinning it. He actually said Cindy was never the one anyone near the car, so it was George that told her about the smell. He never mentioned that she cleaned it out, so of course she was near it.

Geesh, Brad just keeps diggin' his hole deeper and deeper. Sorry to those who like him, but I just can't stand the guy. He's another one who is in it for himself....

......hmmmmmm......wonder if Brad is DP qualified. :waitasec:

Maybe one of you who is in the know needs to e-mail her and correct her... Just a thought...

Oh, I'm sure Jose will correct her shortly....he seems to be in direct email contact with Jean C., doesn't he?

*sarcasm showing* for JC....not towards you LinasK. :)

No they weren't there. TruTV's pre-hearing coverage announced that their lawyers had already stated they would not attend today. Marinade Dave walked in a few minutes late. I was glad to see the camera pointed at the prosecution side for a change.

I DVR'd TruTV from 9am - 3pm and just now watched the earlier coverage. Around 9:30 they had Brad Conway on, and again he was spinning it. He actually said Cindy was never the one anyone near the car, so it was George that told her about the smell. He never mentioned that she cleaned it out, so of course she was near it.

She was IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cleaning it!:banghead:

No, I agree, he is not old enough to play the "old" card so often.

I was actually responding to the poster who said she heard CM say he was a few years away from Medicare yet. I thought I heard him say he had been on Medicare for about 2 years now.

Just making a point about how hard it is to understand what he says... we seem to hear different things come from his mouth, if we can undestand it at all... :crazy:

The dude needs an interproter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Ok everyone...I'm away right now and have not read the entire thread...so I'm begging...can someone just tell me if anything remotely interesting came out of the hearing? Pretty please?! TIA

My personal fav.....If they can't get anything done Monday thru Friday---they can work weekends...if they can't get it done 9-5 they can 5-??????? This Judge isn't messing with the "dog ate my homework"----OH YEAH----anyone who files a motion EXPECT it heard within 15 days--If HHJP can't fit it in 9-5---EXPECT to do it in the evening....and bring a sack lunch.....IT WILL GET DONE-----

Even worse than Baez's joke about the pictures from a yard sale that they had. He told the SA that they had pictures that disputed the items taken from the Anthony's home. (but they were just kidding)

He is the jokester....Always making jokes --- sadly he is always the only one who laughs...these jokes fall flat---sadly the one who proclaims the importance of his job "saving a life"---and he tries to make jokes out of it! SHAMEFUL!!!!!!!!!:furious:

I just about fell out of my chair when I heard Baez say, Ericka Gonzales worked with my client in 2008...at Fusions....she claims to have spoken to ICA on July 15th, and heard Caylee in the background...So, is he off the SODDI theory and now saying that Caylee had been alive on July 15th so ICA couldn't have harmed Caylee??? Is that where he's going??? I'm sure that will be easily disputed with forensics..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I just about fell out of my chair when I heard Baez say, Ericka Gonzales worked with my client in 2008...at Fusions....she claims to have spoken to ICA on July 15th, and heard Caylee in the background...So, is he off the SODDI theory and now saying that Caylee had been alive on July 15th so ICA couldn't have harmed Caylee??? Is that where he's going??? I'm sure that will be easily disputed with forensics..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

RBBM

The LE report (Tuffy posted it on the EG thread which has been bumped up) indicated that EG spoke with KC on the 15th, and heard KC say something like "sit down" apparently to Caylee, but EG did not hear Caylee herself. Link to thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81034&page=3 post #69 ff.)

So he is off SODDI and mistruthifying in open court? Did this man join the "Defense of the Month Club" or something?

Asking about who EG is now on In Session. Brought up "Zanny the Nanny". Here we go Erica, run.

On the subject of EG.....ICA took her phone calls OUTSIDE when she was staying with TonE......he stated in an interview when quesitoned about her phone calls....so chances are if (big if)[/ it was from some other person living/visiting the apt complex......COLOR]

Justice for Caylee

Forensics are not even needed in this situation, triple-L.

The phone conversation(s) occurred from roughly 2:05 PM to 2:20 PM on July 15th. This is the only time Erica spoke with KC via cell phone. This was during KC's drive to the airport to pick up Amy. During that same drive, and about 1/2 hour prior to the call, KC stopped by BoA to clean out Amy's bank account :put em up: - an event captured on tape with a notable absence of Caylee in tow. Then right before the call KC stopped by Cast Iron Tatoo to schedule her next inking :bullseye:, with a Caylee again being noticeably absent.

Now, KC was driving Amy's car on this date, because the Pontiac was sitting at Johnson's. Inside the Pontiac - but not inside Amy's car - was Caylee's car seat. Amy and friends could surely testify that no Caylee and no car seat were visible when KC picked them up.

About the only thing Baez could try to do at that point is state that KC left Caylee in the car when she walked into BoA and Cast Iron, and that she hid Caylee in the trunk when she picked up Amy. After all, she had a habit of leaving Caylee in the trunk, sometimes for days on end. :whistle:

The phone conversation(s) occurred from roughly 2:05 PM to 2:20 PM on July 15th. This is the only time Erica spoke with KC via cell phone. This was during KC's drive to the airport to pick up Amy. During that same drive, and about 1/2 hour prior to the call, KC stopped by BoA to clean out Amy's bank account :put em up: - an event captured on tape with a notable absence of Caylee in tow. Then right before the call KC stopped by Cast Iron Tatoo to schedule her next inking :bullseye:, with a Caylee again being noticeably absent.

Now, KC was driving Amy's car on this date, because the Pontiac was sitting at Johnson's. Inside the Pontiac - but not inside Amy's car - was Caylee's car seat. Amy and friends could surely testify that no Caylee and no car seat were visible when KC picked them up.

About the only thing Baez could try to do at that point is state that KC left Caylee in the car when she walked into BoA and Cast Iron, and that she hid Caylee in the trunk when she picked up Amy. After all, she had a habit of leaving Caylee in the trunk, sometimes for days on end. :whistle:

Thanks for the reality check, JWG! :D

You are a treasure! May I borrow this?

JB wants to send something (I don't know what piece of evidence) to the Netherlands for testing.
As I remember, this couple invented some kind of DNA testing that finds DNA on items that noone else can find. I thought it was worrysome when I read about it. Anyone remember their names? Am I remembering that correctly? I will look for their names.

OOOHHH! OK, I was thinking, since Cindy said she thought Caylee was still alived, maybe JB wanted DNA done on Caylee's ashes, (can that even be done) Maybe all the bottles and cans found at the crime scene will be tested.

Thanks button was not enough JWG---:woohoo:

Also Thanks for that dose of reality....seems ICA is doing more harm than good for her cause. If we, a bunch of middle aged bloggers :innocent: can see this, I'm sure those SA's are on it too...How incredibly stupid of the defense to echo and promote ICA's LIES...perfect, just perfect...

Thanking you from the bottom of my heart! We want justice for Caylee and Caylee will get her justice...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I am so disgusted by the comment that CM made about taking the case because it's fun.
How insensitive and insulting to Caylee's memory. I don't think Caylee was having much fun as she was being murdered, nor do I think defending her mother should be taken so lightly that he refers to it as "fun". This was quoted by JC and the other announcer both, and I came unglued. Not a PMS day either.

I so agree, I think these lawyers are a joke, they have no respect for the court, and I also am wondering if maybe this is their way to make sure KC has grounds for an appeal, ineffective counsel???

Just now getting back to this thread after the hearing today....now that it is apparent that HHJP means what he says about getting on with things in a timely manner, how much you want to bet that very shortly Mason will be exiting stage left? I mean, the man hasn't even caught up on the old discovery, because he shows his lack of knowledge of this case whenever he appears in the media. I think he's just there as a stand-in DP qualified attorney. Who knows who will take his place next!

Personally, I think CM is losing it. He should have retired while he was ahead of his game. He will come off looking like a fool if he continues. JMO

Due to the new law, I don't think CM is allowed to withdraw from the case now.
An attorney cannot withdraw after the client is declared indigent and the money stops coming in.

I got the distinct impression at the Hearing yesterday that Judge P was trying very hard to engage CM in dialogue, and get CM to act like he was actually ON this case. It started when the Judge asked both sides to state for the record who was there representing both sides. Baez stood and announced himself and CM ... but Judge P made a point to directly speak to CM and say "where are you Mr. Mason?" and "how are you today?". Judge P was not content with JB being the spokesman for CM.

I believe Judge P. wants CM to take a more vocal role in the case. Judge P. is constantly bragging on CM and showing him respect for the number of years he has been practicing law and trying murder cases. Judge P. appears to want to make the "record" clear that Inmate Anthony has a highly qualified, death penalty qualified attorney on her defense team .... even if she becomes disillusioned with her lead attorney at some future date. IMO

I didn't get to see the hearing, but the funniest thing I have read so far is Baez saying the odds of depo completion on time are "50/50". What a hoot. Like, duh.. when you don't do them, they don't get done! Predictable and such a shallow attempt at blaming the SA for this, as usual. His tactics are so juvenile it's laughable.

I loved it when Judge P told JB - "I'm a judge -- not a legislator" ... they put 119 in and it's not my job to rewrite it - when JB was whining about public records and Sunshine Laws again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton