2010.10.29 Status Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks TWA! That's the interview that CA wears Dexters kill shirt. And she lives in Florida. Nuff said.

respectfully snipped & bolded...absolutely agree.

Something is really going on. To me CA has not looked so bad since she was photographed at the "vigil" with her friend Dominic looking on (and many of us surmised she looked so markedly bad because she learned that day or the day before that Caylee was dead). We all "know" CA well enough to be able to read her many moods. Something made both Casey and CA look as if they lost their best friend...it is more than asking for more $$ and being told no--something else went down.

Did they finally concede, approach the State for a plea agreement and the state said NO way Jose? I am just throwing ideas around at the moment, but yes, no way was all that despair down to failed arguments for a larger budget. Or even disallowance of the fishing expedition. Maybe the trip to The Body Farm finally convinced everyone that Casey is responsible, and the state will be able to prove it without a problem.

Did they finally concede, approach the State for a plea agreement and the state said NO way Jose? I am just throwing ideas around at the moment, but yes, no way was all that despair down to failed arguments for a larger budget. Or even disallowance of the fishing expedition. Maybe the trip to The Body Farm finally convinced everyone that Casey is responsible, and the state will be able to prove it without a problem.

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that they deposed Nick Savage the day before.:waitasec:

Someone was asking if Mason and Judge Perry appear to be friends. IMO, NO. No offense to the kind poster who looks upon them in a sweeter way than I do, at all!!! I learn so much here from reading all the different points of view.

Judge Perry often reminds Mason who is in charge.
Mason tries to remain seated when all the other lawyers stand to announce to the court they are present.
Judge Perry, looking right at him, asked, "Where is Mr. Mason?"
Then he had to stand up.

Judge Perry makes little remarks to put Mason in his place. In the most recent hearing he asked Mason, I thought you were brought on this case to handle the death penalty, or something to the effect of ..I thought you were brought on to be the death penalty lawyer, Mr. Mason.
Mr. Mason was fumbling for something to respond, so he made the joke, that he doesn't think it will come to that.
After being informed by Ms. Burdick that she was told the judge imposing deadlines on depos was unconstitutional and the defense would schedule them as they see fit, what did Judge Perry do? He laughed and said I don't believe they said that. Loosely translated, even they could not be that foolish. Like the teenagers would say...oh no he didnnnnn't. He laughed.
He mentioned, "All the posturing, that's nice". Then he went on to detail how he is going to run the case if they miss deadlines and it will be no picnic.

Don't misunderstand elegant manners for weakness. It appears to me that Judge Perry thinks Baez is a novice and Mason is a jack a--. He literally holds back laughter sometimes. It isn't so much what he says that you can gauge things by, but what he does. He nails them to the wall in his rulings. Lions don't need to roar. IMO, he does not like, trust or respect Mason, not on his best day. He lets him talk, yada yada yada, things are about to become federal issues, yada yada yada; because, he knows that is all it is , talk, like a little nat you are trying to swat out of the way. One doesn't need to get out the shotgun, when plain old ignoring will do the trick. When he is driving home at night I bet he laughs himself silly. MOO

Or, as a professional courtesy, he is being overly generous not to fully embarrass an old* man who has worked in his profession for over thirty years and is retiring with this being his last harrah. I liken it to the basketball team from the opposing side simply letting the clock run out as Michael Jordon makes his last shot ever, they begin applauding him rather than try to block the moment in history and recover the ball. It actually says a lot about who Judge Perry is. I bet his dad would be so very proud.
*(Mason calls himself old, so that is his word, not mine)

watch this, part one
1947Sierra | August 30, 2010

Status Hearing:
Part 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/24824765/in...

Part 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/24825363/in...

Someone was asking if Mason and Judge Perry appear to be friends. IMO, NO.
Judge Perry often reminds Mason who is in charge.
Mason tries to remain seated when all the other lawyers stand to announce to the court they are present.
Judge Perry, looking right at him, asked, "Where is Mr. Mason?"
Then he had to stand up.

Judge Perry makes little remarks to put Mason in his place. In the most recent hearing he asked Mason, I thought you were brought on this case to handle the death penalty, or something to the effect of ..I thought you were brought on to be the death penalty lawyer, Mr. Mason.
Mr. Mason was fumbling for something to respond, so he made the joke, that he doesn't think it will come to that.
After being informed by Ms. Burdick that she was told the judge imposing deadlines on depos was unconstitutional and the defense would schedule them as they see fit, what did Judge Perry do? He laughed and said I don't believe they said that. Loosely translated, even they could not be that foolish. Like the teenagers would say...oh no he didnnnnn't. He laughed.
He mentioned, "All the posturing, that's nice". Then he went on to detail how he is going to run the case if they miss deadlines and it will be no picnic.

Don't misunderstand elegant manners for weakness. It appears to me that Judge Perry thinks Baez is a novice and Mason is a jack a--. He literally holds back laughter sometimes. It isn't so much what he says that you can gauge things by, but what he does. He nails them to the wall in his rulings. Lions don't need to roar. IMO, he does not like, trust or respect Mason, not on his best day. He lets him talk, yada yada yada, things are about to become federal issues, yada yada yada; because, he knows that is all it is , talk, like a little nat you are trying to swat out of the way. One doesn't need to get out the shotgun, when plain old ignoring will do the trick. When he is driving home at night I bet he laughs himself silly. MOO

Or, as a professional courtesy, he is being overly generous not to fully embarrass an old* man who has worked in his profession for over thirty years and is retiring with this being his last harah. I liken it to the basketball team from the opposing side simply letting the clock run out as Michael Jordon makes his last shot ever, they begin applauding him rather than try to block the moment in history and recover the ball. It actually says a lot about who Judge Perry is. I bet his dad would be so very proud.

*(Mason calls himself old, so that is his word, not mine)

such a beautiful post and ITA with all.

Can someone clarify which results the State has that come from research at the Body Farm? Was it the air sampling, the hair banding, or both? Or something else? TIA

Something is really going on. To me CA has not looked so bad since she was photographed at the "vigil" with her friend Dominic looking on (and many of us surmised she looked so markedly bad because she learned that day or the day before that Caylee was dead). We all "know" CA well enough to be able to read her many moods. Something made both Casey and CA look as if they lost their best friend...it is more than asking for more $$ and being told no--something else went down.

ITA with you. That is the one thing that has stuck with me since this hearing and I can't figure it out to my satisfaction. At first I attributed it to the defense motion for privacy (citing Bent) - that it meant so much to them all to win that battle and have it granted. (Although I think they wanted it for different reasons. CA & GA motivated because they would be able to communicate more privately with Casey. For Casey, I just think she doesn't want her antics/visitors/commisary purchases/letters etc... open for public viewing. I'm not convinced that even if it had been granted she would have agreed to communication with them.)

They all looked terrible! You described it well. Beaten down...defeated. I agree they haven't looked that bad since before Caylee's remains were discovered.

Casey appeared to be po'd with her scheme team. I am pretty sure at the very end when JB puts his hand on her shoulder he is asking her if she is alright...She shakes her head 'No' and turns her back to him.

SOMETHING is going on. All is not well within the defense camp and their campers.

I love the part around 25.30 where JB accuses the prosecution of submitting a motion that is "a whole lot of hot air and not a whole lot of law"! Pot..meet kettle!

And then he goes on to accuse the SAO of 'leaking' facts such as chloroform in the car etc etc - um, this is not 'leaking', this is discovery and the Sunshine law! Unbelievable!

Me too and if I were Judge Strickland I would have told him to take his hands out of his pocket and stand up straight.

Maybe the Disability people told her she needs to get a job.

ITA with you. That is the one thing that has stuck with me since this hearing and I can't figure it out to my satisfaction. At first I attributed it to the defense motion for privacy (citing Bent) - that it meant so much to them all to win that battle and have it granted. (Although I think they wanted it for different reasons. CA & GA motivated because they would be able to communicate more privately with Casey. For Casey, I just think she doesn't want her antics/visitors/commisary purchases/letters etc... open for public viewing. I'm not convinced that even if it had been granted she would have agreed to communication with them.)

They all looked terrible! You described it well. Beaten down...defeated. I agree they haven't looked that bad since before Caylee's remains were discovered.

Casey appeared to be po'd with her scheme team. I am pretty sure at the very end when JB puts his hand on her shoulder he is asking her if she is alright...She shakes her head 'No' and turns her back to him.

SOMETHING is going on. All is not well within the defense camp and their campers.

It has everything to do with those darn Skittles ya know.

I have an idea why Mrs, Kenney Baden and Ms. Lyons flew the coup.

It could be possible that Dr. Baden has info, being an ME ,that the ladies didn't have. He may have told them this is a no way win and why he thinks that. He also could have spoken with Dr. Garavela about the autopsy, looked at reports and came to obvious conclusions.
The Ladies jumped ship.
Now, this is just an opinion or an idea that ran thru my head. I know nothing of the such actually happened Just a thought.
:cow:

Maybe the Disability people told her she needs to get a job.

I still can't believe CA gets disability in the first place. IMO it's nonsense.

I NEED disability and have been trying for years. CA gets it *SNAP* just like that! Goes on cruises, gets jewlery, tatoo's clothes...puts $$ in her daughters jail account etc.
We had a kidnap/murder in our family and after an approiate mourning period, everybody went back to work.
The only real difference is that our kidnapper/killer was never caught and there was never any trial to deal with.
imo:waitasec:

That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

Just from what I've seen at all the hearings - to me it looks like CM is just there because he is DP qualified. And I mean literally "just there". To me as an observer, it appears that he is not invested, and has no desire to be invested in the outcome of this case. He just shows up when he is supposed to and tries to remember what he thinks are the facts. JMO...he comes off as lazy and uncaring. No skin off his nose! This is Baez's baby.

Just from what I've seen at all the hearings - to me it looks like CM is just there because he is DP qualified. And I mean literally "just there". To me as an observer, it appears that he is not invested, and has no desire to be invested in the outcome of this case. He just shows up when he is supposed to and tries to remember what he thinks are the facts. JMO...he comes off as lazy and uncaring. No skin off his nose! This is Baez's baby.

I agree.... and I'm thinking either he or AF will bail here before too much longer. So if CM really wants out of this mess, he better go ahead and file. Because once there is just one DP attorney left standing, I don't believe HHJP will let that last one leave. He will simply deny their Motion to Withdraw.

JMO

What startled me was the despair was on CA's face as soon as the camera panned on her in the courtroom - she had her head down and the first thing I thought was good god she looks awful.
So it wasn't the budget door slams that has caused that shell shocked grief mode.

I agree.... and I'm thinking either he or AF will bail here before too much longer. So if CM really wants out of this mess, he better go ahead and file. Because once there is just one DP attorney left standing, I don't believe HHJP will let that last one leave. He will simply deny their Motion to Withdraw.

JMO

I did notice that one of the first things AF said was something like 'when I was persuaded to join this team....' and I thought, oh carp!, that doesn't sound too encouraging! she didn't say when I was "invited", or when i was "asked".

I don't know if JB was emailing or placing a bet on his little notebook but he sure didn't seem to be paying any attention to what LDB was saying. It looked like he was in his own little world.

(See Part 3, starting at 25:48.)

I think HHJP was watching him though and tried to bring JB back into focus of the hearing. He asked JB a question about one of the witnesses LDB mentioned, which I thought startled JB. Then, he followed that up with another question.

I bet HHJP made a mental note of it too.

They were all down in the mouth before the hearing even started. So, as you all said there was no way it had anything to do with what was going on in the courtroom. Someone messed in their nest before the hearing even started. It affected everyone that had anything to do with the case on the DT side. They were smacked down to their knees big time by someone in the know before they ever stepped a foot in that courtroom. Now to all our super sleuthers I leave it all to you to figure this out. You are all way above my head with your thoughts and reasoning.

I don't know if JB was emailing or placing a bet on his little notebook but he sure didn't seem to be paying any attention to what LDB was saying. It looked like he was in his own little world.

(See Part 3, starting at 25:48.)

I think HHJP was watching him though and tried to bring JB back into focus of the hearing. He asked JB a question about one of the witnesses LDB mentioned, which I thought startled JB. Then, he followed that up with another question.

I bet HHJP made a mental note of it too.

I wish HHJP would smack the gum out of someone's mouth. She makes me want to gag with smacking that gum with her mouth open.:sick: What happened to all those courtroom rules that were published?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala
Back