2010.11.30 - Search Warrants Unsealed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten-year-old Zahra Baker's body was dismembered and her remains concealed in a bed comforter and car cover, then discarded in a Dumpster behind a Hudson grocery store, according to court documents released this afternoon.

The records don't reveal how the girl died but detail for the first time Elisa Baker's account of what was done with her stepdaughter Zahra's body.
Judge Nathaniel Poovey ordered that the previously-sealed documents be released this afternoon.

The documents also show:
-- Elisa Baker's attorney, Lisa Dubs, told an investigator that latex gloves were used while Zahra's body was dismembered. Dubs also said investigators might find remains in the bathtub drain.
-- Through her attorney, Elisa Baker said she and her husband Adam Baker -- Zahra's father -- dumped a mattress and box springs at a trash dump in Granite Falls.
-- Elisa Baker directed investigators to the Fox Ridge apartments in Hickory. Through her attorney, she admitted that she and Adam Baker wrapped Zahra's prosthetic leg in a white trash bag and threw it in the apartment Dumpster.
-- On Oct. 10, a dog trained in recovery of bodies gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains in or on two vehicles described by police as belonging to the family.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/11...ra-bakers-body-dismembered.html#ixzz16o7locdk

OMG...Go here and watch the video report from Jennifer Moxley about what's in the documents.

Video

From that video:

"one piece of information that came from an outside source involved the investigation of a sexual assault against Zahra Baker that police belive occured with other people not in her family"

Lots more on video

"There are a total of 11 search warrants, consisting of about 100 pages, in the case. In one, police said they received conflicting information from Elisa Baker and Adam Baker, Zahra’s father, at the beginning of the investigation. Elisa Baker said the family went to an Octoberfest celebration the night before Zahra was reported missing, but Adam Baker said he hadn’t seen his daughter since the Wednesday before that."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25950739/detail.html

Emphasis mine. Now we have AB saying Thursday... Tuesday... and Wednesday the week prior?

That's interesting, because in the interview where he confuses Thursday night with Tuesday night, he also slips up and says he peeked in on her Friday night, and it looked like she was there.

So...Friday night...Octoberfest. Odd.

"Elisa Baker said the family went to an Octoberfest celebration the night before Zahra was reported missing, but Adam Baker said he hadn’t seen his daughter since the Wednesday before that." {snipped from here}

Makes me wonder, again, about culpability and whether they are both involved. If they were in this together, wouldn't they have such basic levels of their stories straight?

OT

OMG

I am taking a moment to say a prayer for Emily and her family. I am SO sorry that you have to learn any of this...

So VERY sorry.

EB said she wrote ransom note because she was mad at Mark Coffey.

Found latex gloves and trash bags in the house used to dispose of her.

Found Z's hearing aids in Eb's jewelry box.

Poor child. I had hoped sexual assault was not a part of this. Absolutely tragic and horrible. I will light a candle for her tonight.

Ten-year-old Zahra Baker's body was dismembered and her remains concealed in a bed comforter and car cover, then discarded in a Dumpster behind a Hudson grocery store, according to court documents released this afternoon.

The records don't reveal how the girl died but detail for the first time Elisa Baker's account of what was done with her stepdaughter Zahra's body.
Judge Nathaniel Poovey ordered that the previously-sealed documents be released this afternoon.

The documents also show:
-- Elisa Baker's attorney, Lisa Dubs, told an investigator that latex gloves were used while Zahra's body was dismembered. Dubs also said investigators might find remains in the bathtub drain.
-- Through her attorney, Elisa Baker said she and her husband Adam Baker -- Zahra's father -- dumped a mattress and box springs at a trash dump in Granite Falls.
-- Elisa Baker directed investigators to the Fox Ridge apartments in Hickory. Through her attorney, she admitted that she and Adam Baker wrapped Zahra's prosthetic leg in a white trash bag and threw it in the apartment Dumpster.
-- On Oct. 10, a dog trained in recovery of bodies gave a positive alert for the presence of human remains in or on two vehicles described by police as belonging to the family.

BBM.

Confused. If everything was confined to dumpsters, why was evidence found in seemingly random spots in the woods? And why was EB leading LE to these spots? Were the remains moved? Or is that where the dumpster contents typically end up?

Poor child. I had hoped sexual assault was not a part of this. Absolutely tragic and horrible. I will light a candle for her tonight.

There are SO many "people" who do this to support drug habits.
It's human trafficking plain and simple.

Zahra and Shaniya were victims of evil.

May they both rest in peace.

Oh God...the more I read about this, the more sick I am getting. My stomach is just sinking lower and lower...I just can't read the originals myself, I just can't...

I didn't think this could get worse...I just couldn't imagine, and it did...that poor, poor child.

omg poor Zahra!! i hope they get all that were involved and get justice for this poor child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT