2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As a way to prove EB's claims of dismemberment, I would guess. What puzzles me about the white trash bags is...why white? If I were going to dispose of bloody body parts, etc. I would use black trash bags. Wouldn't you? :waitasec:

I'm thinking white b/c the white ones are cheaper than the heavier duty black ones. Somebody was being cheap, IMO.

She will NEVER be in general population. She'll be protected that way too.

Someone got to Dahmer....just sayin'.. of course maybe he was in general pop? BUt I dont think he was.

I am soooo mad. Im anti death penalty anyway...but no life in prison? I dont know what to say other than I am so so sorry Zahra. She got a raw deal in life and now in death she seems to be getting more disrespect. Chances are though..the way things are going, she will pay when her time here on earth is done...I was just hoping she paid a little sooner. Grrrrr......d@mn, Im mad.

ETA: Nevermind, I see now that they are saying dp and LWOP is NOT off the table. Good grief...this reporting.

I'm thinking white b/c the white ones are cheaper than the heavier duty black ones. Somebody was being cheap, IMO.

Or white because that's what they had on hand under the sink? Maybe they weren't so calm as to say "Honey would you run to Walmart and grab some black Hefty bags?"

Or white because that's what they had on hand under the sink? Maybe they weren't so calm as to say "Honey would you run to Walmart and grab some black Hefty bags?"

Could be...but I would venture to guess that whatever they did have to run out and buy will end up being the cheapest of the cheap.

As a way to prove EB's claims of dismemberment, I would guess. What puzzles me about the white trash bags is...why white? If I were going to dispose of bloody body parts, etc. I would use black trash bags. Wouldn't you? :waitasec:

Just to my way of thinking, there is a huge difference between "cooperating" and telling the truth.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I just ask myself why Dubbs would tell LE where in the house to find latex gloves and white plastic trash bags.

Perhaps these items were purchased by AB? I believe the bags were actually attributed to Lowes brand? They can likely tie that purchase to someone if it was recent. Lowes would have very good security video and because it is probably a digital system, that kind of security footage is kept for a long period of time. If they have a receipt found in the house for all the paint and other supplies that were purchased recently, they can easily find the store security footage. Perhaps all the paint was purchased at Lowes too?

That's not to say that he didn't just buy garbage bags for the purpose of household garbage and latex gloves for painting or cleaning a new home. But if they were used in the commission of this crime and they can be tied to him, that's more circumstantial evidence.

MOO

Perhaps these items were purchased by AB? I believe the bags were actually attributed to Lowes brand? They can likely tie that purchase to someone if it was recent. Lowes would have very good security video and because it is probably a digital system, that kind of security footage is kept for a long period of time. If they have a receipt found in the house for all the paint and other supplies that were purchased recently, they can easily find the store security footage. Perhaps all the paint was purchased at Lowes too?

That's not to say that he didn't just buy garbage bags for the purpose of household garbage and latex gloves for painting or cleaning a new home. But if they were used in the commission of this crime and they can be tied to him, that's more circumstantial evidence.

MOO

Just out of curiousity, I checked and the nearest Lowes is just a hop, skip and a jump away....

To: 1450 2ND STREET NE, HICKORY, NC 28601

Total Distance: 0.4 Miles
Total Drive Time: 1 Minutes

Depart 21 21st avenue on 21st Ave NW (southeast) 0.0
Turn left (north) onto SR-127 [N Center St] 0.3
Turn right (east) onto Local road(s) 0.1
Arrive 1450 2ND STREET NE 0.0

MOO

Please forgive me, sometimes my sarcasm over rides logical thought. :D

But in this case it is true EB told LE the prosthetic was in a white trash bag in a dumpster. Trash bags can be easily compared to those found in a home for example. Just one more point for EB to show cooperation after telling the prosthetic was in a dumpster wrapped in a white plastic bag. Just pointing out her cooperation is all.

Just out of curiousity, I checked and the nearest Lowes is just a hop, skip and a jump away....

To: 1450 2ND STREET NE, HICKORY, NC 28601

Total Distance: 0.4 Miles
Total Drive Time: 1 Minutes

Depart 21 21st avenue on 21st Ave NW (southeast) 0.0
Turn left (north) onto SR-127 [N Center St] 0.3
Turn right (east) onto Local road(s) 0.1
Arrive 1450 2ND STREET NE 0.0

I'm not sure this was a Lowes home improvement store. There is also a grocery store named Lowes Foods where AB wrote bad checks.

ETA: Although, if they were purchasing paint/paint supplies at the same time, Lowes Home Improvement would be the way to go.

I'm not sure this was a Lowes home improvement store. There is also a grocery store named Lowes Foods where AB wrote bad checks.

ETA: Although, if they were purchasing paint/paint supplies at the same time, Lowes Home Improvement would be the way to go.

Here is the closest Lowes Foods:

Start: 21 21st Ave NE, Hickory, NC 28601-1941

1. Start out going WEST on 21ST AVE NE toward N CENTER ST / NC-127. go 0.04 mi
2. Turn LEFT onto N CENTER ST / NC-127. Continue to follow NC-127. go 0.6 mi
3. Turn LEFT onto 14TH AVE NE. 14TH AVE NE is just past 15TH AVE NE go 0.1 mi
4. 260 14TH AVE NE is on the RIGHT.
Your destination is just past 2ND ST DR NE
If you reach 3RD ST NE you've gone a little too far

260 14th Ave NE, Hickory, NC 28601-2516

Total Travel Estimate: 0.79 miles - about 2 minutes

Are they a big chain grocery store? Would they have their own name brand items? I can't remember if EB claimed they were Lowes brand bags or they were purchased at some store named Lowes. I've been away for a while and I'm trying to catch up with these warrants and other information that I missed.

Are they a big chain grocery store? Would they have their own name brand items? I can't remember if EB claimed they were Lowes brand bags or they were purchased at some store named Lowes. I've been away for a while and I'm trying to catch up with these warrants and other information that I missed.

They have about 100 stores in NC, SC and Va.

http://www.lowesfoods.com/index.cfm/aboutus/aboutus/

They do have their own brands.

http://www.lowesfoods.com/index.cfm/aboutus/brands/

O/T warning.

I'm not sure how LE came to be in possession of the prosthetic leg, but I am certain they have it.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia, where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted, matched the serial number on the leg. A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis, which was used as Zahra's left leg.

BBM.

Taken from this link (scroll way down.)

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13297637

It's on document page 4 of the probable cause statement from the search warrant for 10/29/10. It states "the white trash bags used to store the body parts (Lowes Brand trash bags) should be located in the kitchen cabinet."

Lowes Foods store brands are:

Lowes Foods Brand
Better Valu
Full Circle™
Paws Premium Brands
Top Care
World Classics Brand
X Brands: Academix, Electrix & Domestix

Description of each brand: http://www.lowesfoods.com/index.cfm/aboutus/brands/

O/T warning.

I'm not sure how LE came to be in possession of the prosthetic leg, but I am certain they have it.

BBM.

Taken from this link (scroll way down.)

http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13297637

But on which part of the leg is the transponder located? Is it in the gel liner, or is it in the leg casing?

I've looked and looked and can't find any info on the subject.

I really have nothing constructive to add to this thread but I've been thinking about this since I read it last week.

There is truly something wrong with our system of justice if anyone is allowed to make some kind of deal for their own benefit after committing a horrible crime. Especially a crime against a child. Zahra was in no way responsible for harming herself or anyone else. The person(s) responsible for her suffering & death should not only be held accountable, they should face severe punishment for their acts.

I'm just sickened at the thought EB or anyone else can play games with the info they have about what happened to Zahra. I realize the authorities have reasons for the decisions they make. I know there is no punishment which will bring Zahra back. I'm just so angry about all of it.

Just my 2 cents. I'll go back to lurking now.

I believe Dahmer intentionally got himself transferred to gen pop knowing what would happen. IIRC.

I hate to say this and maybe it's a bit snarky and perhaps it reveals my own shall we say bias, but a deal like this coming out of Catawba county doesn't exactly surprise me.

Take my statement with a grain of salt though, as I said I'm a bit biased with the way "justice" is handled in Catawba county.

I really have nothing constructive to add to this thread but I've been thinking about this since I read it last week.

There is truly something wrong with our system of justice if anyone is allowed to make some kind of deal for their own benefit after committing a horrible crime. Especially a crime against a child. Zahra was in no way responsible for harming herself or anyone else. The person(s) responsible for her suffering & death should not only be held accountable, they should face severe punishment for their acts.

I'm just sickened at the thought EB or anyone else can play games with the info they have about what happened to Zahra. I realize the authorities have reasons for the decisions they make. I know there is no punishment which will bring Zahra back. I'm just so angry about all of it.

Just my 2 cents. I'll go back to lurking now.

Mandy,
You don't have to just lurk! Thanks for speaking up what was on your mind. I think you speak for many here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back