MO - Ralph Yarl, 16, shot twice for ringing the doorbell at the wrong house by mistake, Kansas City, Apr 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What else did he do?
Nothing...he just rang the doorbell.

Yarl pulled up the driveway and rang the doorbell. “The man in the home opened the door, looked my nephew in the eye, and shot him in the head,” his aunt, Faith Spoonmore, wrote. “My nephew fell to the ground, and the man shot him again.”

Andrew Lester, a retired aircraft mechanic, is charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action in the April 13 shooting of Ralph Yarl. The trial in the case, which shocked the country and renewed national debates about gun policies and race in America, was scheduled to begin on Oct. 7, 2024.

The not guilty plea, entered by Lester’s attorney, Steve Salmon, is largely a procedural step, and the hearing lasted just five minutes. Lester also pleaded not guilty soon after he was charged, but this is his first court appearance since a judge found sufficient evidence for the case to proceed to trial.

Who in the heck names streets like this. My mother in law lives in a retirement community and it’s the same. The same numbered streets with St, Ave, and Rd. And then add in the NW and SE etc. How hard is it to use other street names.
For real! That is so hard to find the right street, especially when it's dark!

I am sickened that this is what this world has come to where a terribly injured and bleeding TEENAGER (not a man as some media is referring to him) gets ignored and told to lay on the ground with his hands in the air instead of being offered help.
He WAS offered help, after 911 was called and the scene was deemed safe for the "helpers" to come outside. Remember it was dark. All a citizen can do in that situation is proceed with an abundance of caution, these neighbors would have no idea if the youngster was armed or the shooter was laying in wait. The neighbors put towels to his head and talked to him to keep him engaged. EMT's arrived, and he survived and is thriving.
Yes, we are living in terrible times, but rushing into a dangerous situation without scoping out the area, and ensuring he had no gun in his hand before approaching him, seems like a terrible risk to take.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly
Back