2010.12.07 Bruce McCain blasts MCSO on Kyron investigation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't get why this man and lots of other people still think there is an accomplice in whatever happened to Kyron. All of the computers, financials, and phone records must have been gone over very well and turned up nothing except a bunch of *****ing about her life and marital issues. There is plenty of evidence IMO to point to resentment of Kyron, alot of contention between Desiree and Kaine over Kyron, extreme disciplining of Kyron, being a former very strict teacher, a sickish baby, possible lack of sleep with hangover, and something bad happening that morning during the hectic science fair where Terri was already bitter and resentful of the teacher and thinking she'd be a better at the job. One step off walking the line from a little boy that morning would = No accomplices IMO.

I don't get why this man and lots of other people still think there is an accomplice in whatever happened to Kyron. All of the computers, financials, and phone records must have been gone over very well and turned up nothing except a bunch of *****ing about her life and marital issues. There is plenty of evidence IMO to point to resentment of Kyron, alot of contention between Desiree and Kaine over Kyron, extreme disciplining of Kyron, being a former very strict teacher, a sickish baby, possible lack of sleep with hangover, and something bad happening that morning during the hectic science fair where Terri was already bitter and resentful of the teacher and thinking she'd be a better at the job. One step off walking the line from a little boy that morning would = No accomplices IMO.

IMO -- in a felony case -- "accomplice" can mean many things. In this case, it can mean someone who baby-sat a (then) 18 month-year-old child, but refuses to acknowledge they did so. It can be someone TH called to watch her 18-month child, but lied about TH's request.

It can mean someone who has stepped forward to testify they saw TH on "x-date at y-time," but who gets strokes from GJ appearances; who knows the "actors;" saw the last photo taken; and read about baby K's earache.

"Accomplice" doesn't necessarily mean this person kidnapped or murdered a child. It *does* mean they aided -- knowingly or unknowingly -- in Ky's disappearance. And they've fed fodder to TH's lies.

I have never seen so much posted about the money spent searching for any missing child until now. Sickening!

In today's economy, it is something that must be considered.

I have a friend in Portland who was laid off her state funded job several months ago. Her job was counselling teenagers who had been the victims of sexual abuse and were now in trouble with the law. Her job reviews were excellent, the metrics of her results were excellent (her client reviews were great, the number of her clients who stayed out of trouble was much higher than average, etc) but her agency suffered a big cut in funding and someone (several someones, actually) had to go.

My friend was devastated. Her job wasn't like working in a widget factory, where someone else could take over and there would be no difference in the end result. It typically took her many months to gain the trust of her clients, who'd already been given every reason not to trust any human being. Building a healthy therapeutic relationship with her was the first step in teaching these kids how to build healthy relationships with other people.

When she was ripped out of their lives, it set them back by months, years or permanently.

All across the state of Oregon (and the nation), government funded agencies are having to make heartwrenching decisions like that.

I cannot say which is more important: finding Kyron or helping 400 sexually abused teens at high risk for criminal activity (a million dollars would pay for approximately 10 counsellors). I don't know that there really is an answer.

But I do think it has to be talked out openly, so that we, as a nation, don't just blunder along spending money here and there as various crises catch our attention, until the money is gone and we suddenly realise we wish we'd spent it differently.

My fear (well, one of them-the other main one being that Kyron won't ever be found) is that the accomplice theory only stems from it not seeming as though Terri could have done it alone, with whatever evidence they have of her whereabouts. And that would be like trying to make her fit the crime, if that is the case, instead of having the evidence tell the story.

My fear (well, one of them-the other main one being that Kyron won't ever be found) is that the accomplice theory only stems from it not seeming as though Terri could have done it alone, with whatever evidence they have of her whereabouts. And that would be like trying to make her fit the crime, if that is the case, instead of having the evidence tell the story.

Except there have been hints in the PCs that Kyron was seen by witnesses in the parking lot, and hints about a second person having been spotted, hints that more than one person's alibi did not check out, etc. I think the accomplice theory came from several directions as well as Terri's history of attempts to involve others in crime and logical analysis of her alibi that day.

By September, the sheriff became worried about the direction of the investigation as costs mounted.

"I wanted to know what's going on because I lost confidence in the investigation," he said. "I felt the case was moving towards a cold case, and I was concerned. We had collected a ton of information, and nothing was being answered."

He called a special meeting of the lead investigators, who shared what they knew. His confidence was bolstered. There was an investigative plan. A slew of cell phone tower records were being sought, and computer records and thousands of e-mails were to be analyzed, but persons of interest had emerged whose alibis about where they were during the six crucial hours before Kyron was reported missing didn't stack up. The stepmother failed two polygraphs and walked out on a third, exams administered by different law enforcement agencies.

This was the statement that Staton gave in the interview to Maxine in the Oregon, referring to the presser he gave in Sept.
McCain put his spin on this statement and made it sound like this was what Staton said at the six month anniversary.
McCain needs to go back to what he does best, stay out of this and keep his mouth shut.

Serious question here. Since when are blogs, which are pretty much opinion pieces/a new way of doing editorials, considered fact and as credible as articles published by the MSM? Much thanks.

Serious question here. Since when are blogs, which are pretty much opinion pieces/a new way of doing editorials, considered fact and as credible as articles published by the MSM? Much thanks.

I think the one blog is really Willamette Weekly, isn't it?

HO is not allowed to be discussed here, because there is bad blood between him and LE, and it was stated that the family did not support HO. (and we have no way of knowing if that is Kaine's decision, or a decision that the MCSO made for Kaine). So I can't help but wonder, does the family support this man, who obviously has a bone to grind with MCSO? When comparing the two, at least HO was willing to put in the time to search, in spite of those differences.

What is McCain doing to help? Smearing his previous employer? How is that keeping the focus on Kyron? How is it helping to bring him back home? In all fairness, it is a legitimate question to ask. Any information released about Terri was dismissed and accusations were made that 'Its not helping to find Kyron' or 'How does this help us find out/tell us where KYron is?'.

So why the double standard? It is inexcusable how politics continue to come into play in these cases time and time again. Meanwhile, the victim(s) continue(s)s to suffer.

HO is not allowed to be discussed here, because there is bad blood between him and LE, and it was stated that the family did not support HO. (and we have no way of knowing if that is Kaine's decision, or a decision that the MCSO made for Kaine). So I can't help but wonder, does the family support this man, who obviously has a bone to grind with MCSO? When comparing the two, at least HO was willing to put in the time to search, in spite of those differences.

What is McCain doing to help? Smearing his previous employer? How is that keeping the focus on Kyron? How is it helping to bring him back home? In all fairness, it is a legitimate question to ask. Any information released about Terri was dismissed and accusations were made that 'Its not helping to find Kyron' or 'How does this help us find out/tell us where KYron is?'.

So why the double standard? It is inexcusable how politics continue to come into play in these cases time and time again. Meanwhile, the victim(s) continue(s)s to suffer.

That is not the reason we are not discussing HO in the public forum. There is a lengthy thread in the member's only forum that has oodles of reasons as to why he is not being discussed here. Yet, here we are discussing him in the public forum?

NO more posts about HO in the public forum. Thank you!

It was merely intended as a comparison, not to discuss HO. And the one reason was given elsewhere on this site for not discussing him here, while the other was known fact. I was honestly trying to understand a double standard, is all. Thats all I really wanted to say on the matter.

Getting back to my other question, when did blog links become eligible to be used as fact?

For the most part blogs are not allowed. Some are allowed from time to time at the discretion of the moderator.

This particular blog was linked to a story in Willemette Weekly.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/12/07/former-sheriffs-office-official-blasts-
his-former-employer-on-kyron-horman-investigation/

When that happens the moderators have the discretion of allowing the link to the blog.

As a rule no, blogs are not a source considered MSM. But in this case it is a radio show blog. It is similar to twitters from MSM and Radio shows.

Now we could have said nope, not going to happen, and removed the links to that story. But, whether we like it or not this man has inserted himself into the Kyron Case. He has been on every talk, morning television, in the MSM news etc. Does he really know what is happening? We have to personally choose to believe him or not. Just as we choose to believe slants in MSM stories or discount them.

Because we allowed this blog link which came from MSM, we are not representing what he is saying as fact. In fact I think it is clear it is his opinion. He is not on the inside where evidence is shared.

But to shut down the discussion to possibilities is wrong for us as moderators. This isn't a double standard at all. We have allowed discussion about particular blogs from time to time if their story is quoted in MSM.

I hope this helps you understand. Posters can choose to believe what McCain says or discount it for whatever reason they decide. Any of the moderators will be happy to discuss this further with you, if you contact us directly.

Except there have been hints in the PCs that Kyron was seen by witnesses in the parking lot, and hints about a second person having been spotted, hints that more than one person's alibi did not check out, etc. I think the accomplice theory came from several directions as well as Terri's history of attempts to involve others in crime and logical analysis of her alibi that day.
bbm

What? I don't remember this...

A small thing, but as a local it is driving me nuts.

The newspaper is the Willamette Week, NOT Willamette Weekly.

Thank you very much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735
Back