2010.12.10 - Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how Baez didn't even give the judge a proper response when he asked if there was anything else at the end.

I'll tell you, I didn't see Chaney stick around. He scooted out of there faster than Froghorn Leg horn being chased with an axe!

Whoa, Chaney was there? I didn't think he could be that quiet! Dang, I totally didn't know he was there until you mentioned him, lol.

JB got spanked like a dog with a rolled up newspaper. But in this case....it's in the form of an order.

you didn't miss much Gogranny, it went by in a flash. You only missed Casey's ridiculously long hair. She looked like Rapunzel, maybe waiting for the knight to come rescue her from the tower?

geez... it seemed like i missed all the good parts. Can anyone tell me in what context "bloggers" was mentioned? An what filings was the judge talking about earlier? Was baez supposed to have filed expert info? So what was with the emails? JA's way of being nice?

It was in reference to Michael Freeman, the expert the defense has listed as Forensic Epidemiology. JA did not know what it was and said something like maybe the bloggers will correct me. JA said is no such application for this case. Freeman is also wanting to charge the State $575 per hour for deposition time!

Jeff Aston said that when he was researching one of the experts field of expertise was one thing but "the bloggers may correct him on that" - then Casey got a derisive look on her face and started shaking her head.

Wow, when it goes to trial and the evidence comes forth her head is going to bobble right off!

I have the feeling he left to go scramble and put a defense together. I have the feeling he's not sure at all what he's doing with his experts yet! This is what procrastination gets you, Baez!

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. It is my opinion that Baez does not even have the information the judge is requiring. I don't think he has really decided which experts will testify or what they will say. What will happen if he does not get that filed as required by the judge? Will we hear any more?
This is one of the few times that the smirk has been wiped away-I think, on this issue, he knows now that he is in trouble! As the hearing ended, JB had an appropriate worried look on his face.
My one problem with all of this is that Baez will try the judges patience one time too many and JBP will lose his cool. And then JB and CM will use that an an excuse to try and have him removed from the case. I hope I am wrong.

No, but JB has to disclose, in writing, all the stuff that would be in a report. And where is he going to get that information except from the experts?

So actually...yes. Never mind. ;)

Thank you! I sure love this Judge!

I can't believe how Baez didn't even give the judge a proper response when he asked if there was anything else at the end.

I'll tell you, I didn't see Chaney stick around. He scooted out of there faster than Froghorn Leg horn being chased with an axe!

LOL, this comment is going to have me laughing all day. Thank you! :)

Maybe GA got a job. I hope so. New job, new perspective, renewed sense of values.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. It is my opinion that Baez does not even have the information the judge is requiring. I don't think he has really decided which experts will testify or what they will say. What will happen if he does not get that filed as required by the judge? Will we hear any more?
This is one of the few times that the smirk has been wiped away-I think, on this issue, he knows now that he is in trouble! As the hearing ended, JB had an appropriate worried look on his face.
My one problem with all of this is that Baez will try the judges patience one time too many and JBP will lose his cool. And then JB and CM will use that an an excuse to try and have him removed from the case. I hope I am wrong.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think they can only do that once, and they got Judge Strickland off the case already. I don't think there's anything they can do about Judge Perry, at least right now. I'm sure there could be appeals, but I don't think they get him off of the case.

Judge just asked very pointed questions for all to see that JA has not been treated equally in the "report" area!

Like some of you have mentioned, who is now going to pay all of these experts to generate these reports... Can JAC file motions now to refuse over payments to those experts that refuse to provide the reports at JAC rates?

I'm highly amused by many posts in this thread. You guys are on a roll!!!!!!!

I'm home sick today and I needed this source of amusement. Glad it came at Casey's expense.

Junkie, you blew the margins! Can you make those photos smaller?

http://www.wftv.com/news/26089105/detail.html

Snipped:
Last month, Judge Perry ordered Baez to hand over a detailed list of what his expert witnesses would be testifying too, but assistant state attorney Jeffrey Ashton says that list wasn't good enough.

But Judge Perry wasn't going to waste much time on the back and forth bickering over the subject and issued an order that applies to both sides.

"Since ya'll can't seem to agree and can't seem to understand what I meant the last time. This is what I'm going to do," Judge Perry said less than 15 minutes into the hearing. "Where experts have not prepared reports of examinations or tests, both the state and the defense are required to provide the following … the expert's curriculum vitae, qualifications of experts, the expert's field of expertise or medical specialty, a statement of the specific subjects upon which the expert will testify and offer opinions, the substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify, and last but not least, a summary of the expert's opinion and grounds for each opinion … All of this must be completed by 3pm on December 23."

Is it over?
Yup. JA got his TKO in round 1 so the judge called the fight. SAO wins. JB and MC scurry out to file something BP warned them they had 30 minutes left to do. A good day for Caylee strawberry!! You'll love watching when it comes up IMO. :woohoo:

Jeff Aston said that when he was researching one of the experts field of expertise was one thing but "the bloggers may correct him on that" - then Casey got a derisive look on her face and started shaking her head.

Wow, when it goes to trial and the evidence comes forth her head is going to bobble right off!
I guess she's been told about our polls (and she ain't winning in them!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333