2010.4.19 AH Reports yellow rope found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can I ask why it seems reasonable that alligators would hang out at a public boat dock? Seems to me it'd be the last place they'd want to hang out, since their nature is to avoid humans AND boats, if possible.

Who needs an anthropologist to look at cinder blocks and a piece of rope???? How many of you have watched the TV show "Bones"?

Thanks dr dona for the reminder

If anthropoligists can study mummified bones in Egypt they can certainly get DNA off "small bone/bone pieces/hair etc" to positively identify lil Haleigh...and LE does have Haleigh's DNA in order to match to any bone fragments that may have been found

Am I the only one completely frustrated at this point :banghead:

With all this new "evidence": the rope, the cinderblocks, grandma's interviews, the lawyers' interviews, funeral arrangements, etc.... you would think LE would come out and say SOMETHING!!!!

I find it interesting that the only people LE talked to are the only ones that aren't doing interviews on CNN.

Sorry have I missed something?

Don't they have to have rope from the crime scene before any rope found elsewhere means anything?

Sorry have I missed something?

Don't they have to have rope from the crime scene before any rope found elsewhere means anything?

Good question. I think a lot of the evidence so far is being used to cooberate an eyewitness' story. But if they only find it at the home, then I'm with you....that house has so many people in and out of it, any one of them could have made up a story about the rope being yellow and where to find it.

Can I ask why it seems reasonable that alligators would hang out at a public boat dock? Seems to me it'd be the last place they'd want to hang out, since their nature is to avoid humans AND boats, if possible.

I know that around here there is a huge problem with visitors and locals feeding the alligators. This makes the gators hang around waiting for a freebie. It also makes them very dangerous. People coming in from a day fishing sometimes throw out guts and parts left over from cleaning fish. Throw out half dead (live) bait, left over sandwiches, you name it, they throw out a lot of things that gators would like to eat.

Not necessarily, Debs. If the population is high and food is scarce, you might find them anywhere. Just like with bears and other predators, if humans feed them they grow less fearful. Believe me, Joe is not the only person who likes to feed alligators for fun. One reason gators sometimes hang around boat launches is because people dump out unused bait and fish they decide not to keep near the dock. Most fishermen avoid this practice, but some are less conscientious.

Am I the only one completely frustrated at this point :banghead:

With all this new "evidence": the rope, the cinderblocks, grandma's interviews, the lawyers' interviews, funeral arrangements, etc.... you would think LE would come out and say SOMETHING!!!!

I find it interesting that the only people LE talked to are the only ones that aren't doing interviews on CNN.

BBM
Except for TN. Wasn't she on NG?

Just a comment: If Haleigh's body was tied to cinderblocks and put at a certain, identifiable spot at a boat ramp, the other end of the yellow rope could have been tied off to a pier pole at the boat ramp. This way, someone coming along later in a boat could easily find her and take her away to a more permanent place, a place that some of the family could visit later on. I'm trying to hang tight and not jump on any of the three stories, so far, from known and proven liars. This may just be the clean up crew talking.

Almost everyone I know has nylon rope. It can be used for so many things, since it's so durable...just saying. I don't think it means much if there was rope found in their home.

I would think rope fibers could be matched up. Someone else will know here, I'm sure.

Does anyone remember when yellow rope was first mentioned/ Does it go way back in the case, or just recently?

Does anyone remember when yellow rope was first mentioned/ Does it go way back in the case, or just recently?

I could be wrong but if I am recalling correctly, TN when she took Cobra out to that wooded area - for some reason I seem to recall her mentioning yellow rope as one of the things she was told to look for. I could be wrong or my recollection off but I do believe the yellow rope has come up before and for some reason this is the incident I connect it to.

Depends on the area. Like others have said, sometimes they get used to getting fed and want the food. And in other places, they are getting used to fishermen being around and just don't mind them- they keep their distance, but don't run away either. I was fishing this past weekend and saw plenty of alligators in places where folks were fishing and near several boat launching areas.

I could be wrong but if I am recalling correctly, TN when she took Cobra out to that wooded area - for some reason I seem to recall her mentioning yellow rope as one of the things she was told to look for. I could be wrong or my recollection off but I do believe the yellow rope has come up before and for some reason this is the incident I connect it to.

Thanks RC. Now that you mention it, this rings a bell with me too. Do you remember what thread that was on?

Thanks RC. Now that you mention it, this rings a bell with me too. Do you remember what thread that was on?

Nonni Brenda - I do not remember what thread it was - it was a very long time ago. Will study on what keywords to use for the forum search though...:D

Just a comment: If Haleigh's body was tied to cinderblocks and put at a certain, identifiable spot at a boat ramp, the other end of the yellow rope could have been tied off to a pier pole at the boat ramp. This way, someone coming along later in a boat could easily find her and take her away to a more permanent place, a place that some of the family could visit later on. I'm trying to hang tight and not jump on any of the three stories, so far, from known and proven liars. This may just be the clean up crew talking.

Thank you.. Thank you... Thank you..

This is exactly what I have been trying to say may have happened.. And I believe did happen..JMO

I don't know if I'm allowed to start a new thread or how to do it, but the HaLeigh story is being covered now on HLN.

I don't know if I'm allowed to start a new thread or how to do it, but the HaLeigh story is being covered now on HLN.

Does your profile say you can post a topic?

I know you have to have so many posts in order to PM but I don't know if you have to have a certain amount of posts in order to start a topic.. I think the number is 50, but there is a possibility I don't have a clue as to what I am talking about.. Someone else, I'm certain will know and come along and help you..
I see you have 49 posts though so post another one and give it a try..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back