2010.4.19 AH Reports yellow rope found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was this JUST found? If it is linked to rope that killed her, I cannot understand why Tommy C would not have gotten rid of the rope before now. How many people are going to leave a murder weapon laying around for a year?

bbm perhaps he thought no would think about the rope They are not the brightest bulbs in the pack.

:rings:

Joe is not a big person at all. I'd think he'd need some help to throw a 45 pound child plus a cinder block, possibly two out far enough to sink. I think Haleigh is buried somewhere and the blocks were planted there by the real killer.

Or Joe was not alone on the dock. I think Tommy was with him. Two males would have been able to. IMO

Did LE take the rest of the cinderblocks on Green Lane in evidence or leave them behind RC's former shed?

It's been sitting empty for quite some time. If LE left them it would have been possible to go grab one and tie a piece of rope on it if you wanted to create fake evidence.

Would there still be hair or fibers if there was a body attached to that rope and cinderblock a year ago?

What about the yellow rope tied to the back door of the trailer....interesting.

Did LE take the rest of the cinderblocks on Green Lane in evidence or leave them behind RC's former shed?

It's been sitting empty for quite some time. If LE left them it would have been possible to go grab one and tie a piece of rope on it if you wanted to create fake evidence.

Would there still be hair or fibers if there was a body attached to that rope and cinderblock a year ago?[/QUOTE]

I would think there would be something left. Pieces of clothing....something.

The yellow rope tied to the cinder block(s) might just have a bone fragment still tied to it. Maybe the bone was buried in the sludge from the current of the river, but remained in place because of the cinder block. That would explain why they called for an Anthropologist from UF (to identify the bone tied to the rope in the water). The LE took MC and ToC to the dock to hear their version of what exactly happened, and now they're (LE) waiting for the DNA results to come back from the bone.

Would there still be hair or fibers if there was a body attached to that rope and cinderblock a year ago?

The yellow rope tied to the cinder block(s) might just have a bone fragment still tied to it. Maybe the bone was buried in the sludge from the current of the river, but remained in place because of the cinder block. That would explain why they called for an Anthropologist from UF (to identify the bone tied to the rope in the water). The LE took MC and ToC to the dock to hear their version of what exactly happened, and now they're (LE) waiting for the DNA results to come back from the bone.

If they found actual bone fragments do you think they would have said something in the presser? Most times they mention that they've found remains or that they've appeared to have found human remains, but in this case they stated they hadn't found anything.

I don't think so lishac - I don't think they would release this info to the public in the presser. Reason being, they are still trying to pin down the guilty party(ies). Possibly they want to make sure the remains are those of Haleigh & they've shared with the family, but can't confirm until the DNA tests are back. Then once they've confimed, they'll let the family know first (as they should), and then share with the public.

My hubby was a mason for many years, earlier in the case he mentioned that there very well could be skin cells & DNA on the cinder block that held the door open. I mentioned what about cinder blocks in this river? He is not sure about skin cells but said cement absorbs oils. Is DNA oily??? He has no idea, but he says if the block was broken, the surface would NOT wear away...so it could possibly be matched up. He also thought the block would be protected in all that silt. Just throwing out what he thought & BTW he thought this was excellent news along with rope. Rope, he thought could also possibly hold clues at as it rough & has the capabilities of snagging something.

I am still betting on "the" blanket or pieces/chucks being found.

Another article about rope(s) per AH.
Snipped~
Exclusive: More Rope To Hang Haleigh’s Killer?

Just when we learn investigators have seized yellow rope from the home Tommy Croslin shared with his wife, their three children and parents, Lisa and Hank Croslin, Sr…..rope similar to what investigators believe was used to tie Haleigh Cummings to cinder blocks and toss her in the St. John’s River, now we learn about … missing rope!

In fact, The Bald Truth reported Monday night exclusively on The Nancy Grace Show that Tommy Croslin has revealed two types of rope were missing from his blue van the day after Haleigh vanished.

“One was a yellow (nylon) rope and the other was cotton fiber rope,” a source familiar with Tommy Croslin’s statement tells me. We also reported on Nancy’s show that investigators had seized yellow nylon rope from Tommy Croslin’s home, after his wife, Lindsay, gave law enforcement permission to search.

She’s told investigators she thought Tommy was home sleeping that night, in bed with her, and had no idea he’d apparently snuck out to help dispose of Haleigh, as his sister, Misty Croslin, claims.

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/20/exclusive-more-rope-to-hang-haleighs-killer/

I heard one expert on JVM the other night say that after 14 months in the river, there probably would not be much DNA left on the cinder block or rope. But others have said there could be. Who knows?
If the divers found only a small bit of bone or fabric, then I doubt LE would announce that to the public... maybe to the family. If they had found a partial skeleton, then they could say remains were found, but one small bone wouldn't be much proof at this point, until forensic tests came back.
I do believe that they found something, other than the blocks and the rope, because they would have to have more than that to call it a homicide. Maybe something was still attached to them? I really hate typing that!

I never though duct tape would reveal so much either -- so I am holding out hope that a bit of rope and brick can tell more of a story than we know, especially using a microscope. I also believe that bits of clothing could be found after a year in the mud--especially elastic and fire-retardant kids PJs, that kind of thing.

or maybe a missing "blanket that was in the van that they took". That's what I've been leaning to maybe they found a piece of. One can hope can't I?

If they in fact pulled cinderblocks with yellow nylon rope from the river the only way they would be able to determine if it is the same rope is if Tommy or whomever had cut that rope from the same rope found at his home. Then LE should be able to determine if it is one of the same, like what they did in Caylee's case and the ducktape.....

Since the news about the rope has come to light, I keep going back to the discussion here about the marks on Ron's hands. I thought it looked like something rough had been pulled between his fingers, something like rope or a thick vine. One poster -- I can't remember who -- said it looked exactly like the marks she and her husband get on their hands from using rope to drop an anchor off their boat.

They should be able to look at rope fibers under a microscope and determine individual manufacturers. It would make sense that each would have something a little bit different about them, like anything that is manufactured. It's the duct tape in another high profile case that made me think of this.

If we take LP at his word, for sake of discussion, what if Haleigh, after passing away at someone's home--I don't know where--was then prepared for transport and disposal using the van. Maybe dust from cinderblocks or something was found in the van? Why did LE take the van in the first place? Maybe they had evidence of something unusual all along? jmo

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/19/ng.01.html

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: No. The truth is still within Misty. She has not told the truth. I do believe that she contacted either Timmy or Tommy or Overstreet, the cousin. And I do believe that the van was driven to her house. I do believe that Tommy, who has told law enforcement that he was there and took them out to where they put the body in the river -- in other words, I have a lot of belief in that, but I believe the body was already -- the child was already deceased.

The only person at this stage of the game that knows what caused the demise of the child, obviously, is Misty. And Misty is being very coy about answering the questions, other than trying to blame Joe Overstreet. Joe Overstreet did not harm that child. He did not kill that child. He probably wasn`t even where the -- there when the body was dumped in the river.

They should be able to look at rope fibers under a microscope and determine individual manufacturers. It would make sense that each would have something a little bit different about them, like anything that is manufactured. It's the duct tape in another high profile case that made me think of this.
And we all know what the best lab tool for this forensic test would be, don't we? ;)

Who needs an anthropologist to look at cinder blocks and a piece of rope???? How many of you have watched the TV show "Bones"?

Who needs an anthropologist to look at cinder blocks and a piece of rope???? How many of you have watched the TV show "Bones"?

I don't think an anthropologist on scene proves anything, there are alligators in that water, so there most likely are bones there. The anthropologist could determine if the bones were human or animal.

I don't think Jo or anyone else for that matter were feeding gators in Feb, it's too cold for them, but where there are gators there are likely bones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back