2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, did you see that as CM defending JB? Cause I saw it as Ole Jose too darned chicken to get up before the judge. Definitely - did not have the cajones.

Weren't those chicken cajones just snipped by HHJB?

WFTV has published a summary of today's hearing, here.

From that article....

Her father George Anthony told detectives to have the cadaver dogs check two other spots in the yard where dirt had been recently turned.

Wow, how did I miss that?

How about just take the paper and pen away from Casey? Seriously, how hard is that to do? Or do you need her scribbling so she's not doing other things, like having outbursts? SHEESH!

I think they need to keep ICA busy since she is/was so used to being hyperactive, texting most of the day and night ... if they don't keep her busy (= distracted) then she will either get bored or overly reactive (or both).

They need to give ICA access to her own MySpace in her version of reality.

ICA's personality and lack of control are going to help seal her fate when it comes to trial and the Jury study her emotions during damning testimony and cross.

There is still so much left in those motions. All the motions of substance will only come up in the next 15 days!

Yes but they are all waiting on the states response. The states initial response to all of them will be "A. These motions are a month past the drop dead date and should not be heard for xyz reasons of law and procedure. and in the event that you do decide to hear them B. They are worthless for abc reasons of law." I think there is a good chance that HHJP will dismiss them out of hand and with prejudice because of the late filing. There will not be a hearing on most of them he will just issue written opinions. And quite frankly with his simple statement of "I don't mind trying this case twice to prevent people from taking advantage" pretty much telegraphs that any flexibility is over and done. he's going to shoot down every single motion that the SA did not agree to out of hand today. (woohoo! they one the JibJab one!)

I haven't been here in a while. :seeya: Can someone please enlighten me as to the nature of the jibjab? I don't recall ever seeing that. And I love me a good jibjab. :laugh:

Thanks!

So true to his "warnings".....

"Come January I'll handle it." (paraphrased)

Judge Perry sets the tone and temperature. He did so with an appropriate blend of "the look", "humor", "snark", "authority", and "tolerance".

He was deft yet succint. He was respectful, but asserted his position.

He let a few rude comments roll off his robe but promptly returned several to the defense for full refund (including shipping and handling).

He made sure that Mason COULD hear him a number of times.

He made VERY real.....the anticipation of trial and was sure to let the teams know he was willing to put in the hours to get this done!

Defense "won" very little today... a bit of cash for transcripts, and more time. All the rest that they got was "given" to them by the SA!

When CM first began speaking, he said (rather dramatically) that he was JUST handed "this" and had not had a chance to go over it .... it was paperwork with a cd attached.

Was that new discovery from the prosecution????? *pretty please*

That's the way I heard it, 1,000 new pages.

Didn't CM say that the state released 1,000 pages of discovery this morning??

Jose got "bum smacked" with fines and grounded with words by The Court today.

Mr. Baez isn't a happy camper after that ruling. His smug smile has mysteriously vanished from his face. I do hope the defense team realizes His Honor is not playing. He sets deadlines and they are to be met, not defied. Ooops spoke too soon, Baez just asked for claification on his sanctions and that the court will be cutting into the big $3.00 an hour he receives...he recovered that quickly and is sarcastic...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

-------------
Hi, he made his bed now he can ly in it!!:woohoo:
One does not cr*p around with the law.

Awesome paraphrasing of the now infamous hearing.

I wonder how WESH will spin the sanctions...will their headline be, "Defense gets steak knife thrown out" OR "Internet Bloggers send lots of luck to the defense." Hope JB and CM have their tails between their legs for a long time. All this yammering about the unfairness of it all, the unlimited resources of the state, how hard it has been for the defense...when it has taken THEM TWO YEARS to get their **** not even close to together. More time than Caylee was on this earth...LMAO at the defense. You and your client are going down in flames. Should have approached the State about a plea...because now they are strapped in for TRIAL.

I loved everything ya'll wrote today. Wish I could have heard HHJP outloud.

It is a shame that the Defense has spent more time reading internet blogs and investigating members of TES...rather than a competent defense for their client...too bad for them, I mean, for us...IT IS AWESOME.

Respectfully Quoted LittleBitty :seeya:

Great post. ITA.

Was Judge Perry giving Casey a subtle hint about sueing Baez when this is over, when it was Mason said he didn't want to try this case twice, and, Perry said he didn't mind doing it at all.

Then, he went as far as to say that there are actually attorneys now that do nothing but sue other attorneys for civil causes????

Baes smirked, and Casey shook her head in disgust.

Me GOT the impression that CM was attempting to intimidate Judge Perry..and that did NOT work!..Judge Perry has been around the block or three..and has figured out what the defense stragedy is..Delay, deny and complain about their RIGHTS!!..

I will refrain from adjectives..dont want to violate TOS..but suffice to say..the gauntlet has been thrown down by ALL Sides!! :croc:..and it will be to their (Defenses's) detriment IF they continue with this game!!:worms:

It was really inappropriate for Mason to basically say he had no clue about computers and technology and then go on to complain about postings on blogs and websites. If you don't know what lol stands for, you don't need to be commenting and chastising bloggers. Does he even know what a blog is? Posting on a site doesn't make one a "blogger".

Was Judge Perry giving Casey a subtle hint about sueing Baez when this is over, when it was Mason said he didn't want to try this case twice, and, Perry said he didn't mind doing it at all.

Then, he went as far as to say that there are actually attorneys now that do nothing but sue other attorneys for civil causes????

That's exactly what I saw and heard.

And judging from their facial expressions, both of them understood exactly what HHJBP was referencing.

Methinks ICA will have a lot to think about once she gets back to dormL today...:waitasec:

For I also think that she has held onto the belief that she is one step ahead of us all, but HHJBP let her know in no uncertain terms today that he can see the forest through the trees here and that he totally has her figured out and that justice WILL prevail and that he will be seeing to that.:woohoo:

When CM first began speaking, he said (rather dramatically) that he was JUST handed "this" and had not had a chance to go over it .... it was paperwork with a cd attached.

Was that new discovery from the prosecution????? *pretty please*

I think he said it was another 1,000 pages :woohoo:

Didn't CM say that the state released 1,000 pages of discovery this morning??

yippee, more goodies to go over :)

This hearing was dabomb! HHJP rocks the Cazbaah! And then more discovery disclosures from prosecution.

I must have been a very good girl this weekend to deserve a red letter day such as this.

bbm
John Morgan and Keith Mitnik must have come crossed their minds....

Now wouldn't that be just GRAND :great: if Morgan and Morgan was hired to sue Baez and Mason

Did CM say that KC was walked down the hall at Universal in handcuffs, taken into a room and not read her miranda rights????

Since she was told she could leave at any time and she agrees she is there voluntarily would they have needed to read her rights?

Lovely moment when JBP was talking about the motion that was passed the deadline and CM said, "Which one? There's two..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awesomewallflower