2011.01.04 Defense Motion to Suppress Casey's Statements to LE

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prosecution in the Phil Spector trial didn't use his statements after fighting to get them included - made rather a mess of the defense opening statement.

So perhaps it is not a forgone conclusion that they will be used

jmo

PS Thank you for all your postings and discussion - much appreciated

That's right, Bruce Culter said "I feel like my pants are down and I'm naked before the court." :floorlaugh:

This whole I was worried that Caylee would be harmed, or that they would hurt my family story is a load of crap. Cause as soon as LE got there, that very night... Zenada Fernandez Gonzales was named... Her sister, where her mother lived... If there really was a ZFG...really did kidnap Caylee and really did give ICA a script to follow, and that is why ICA LIED in her statements...

Then why would she drop a whole name like that... She sung like a bird... about a person who never existed.

I can't wait to see KC's visitor log for today. Knowing JB [thinking of a work that starts with P ends in Y], he sent MM to tell ICA that HHJP just thwarted her birthday present.

I'm curuious as to how everyone is next week in court...the last day of court the last time things seemed a tad cool between jb and ica.....so with this ruling.......

So even though my :crystalball: was broken as to the Universal statement lol (and I will be keeping my fingers crossed on appeal), I just want to say I am SO looking forward to the jury getting to hear the Universal audio recording. :)

His Honor has never had a case overruled on appeals...I have great faith in Chief Justice Belvin Perry, Jr...he's smart, he's fair and balanced and knows the law like the back of his hand...Caylee's justice is in fine hands, all the way around...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

But but but AZLawyer - didn't you just love my favorite part? And I quote our fine Judge HHJP :

"A reasonable person would also certainly prefer this discussion with the police which included the embarrassing details of the Defendant's lies, to take place away from the prying eyes of the public."

He was of course speaking of the door closed but not locked for privacy reasons during the conversation at Universal Studios.

My very very favorite! :floorlaugh:

Don't ya just love the reasonable person connected to Casey? I kept waiting for that excuse to crop up from the defense but it hasn't. It's obvious ICA is no where near what is considered reasonable. Nope, not in the same sentence together imo.

Casey drives me crazy in the Universal Interview when they are calling her out on her lies and she repeatedly keeps saying yeah, um, hm.

Don't ya just love the reasonable person connected to Casey? I kept waiting for that excuse to crop up from the defense but it hasn't. It's obvious ICA is no where near what is considered reasonable. Nope, not in the same sentence together imo.

Casey drives me crazy in the Universal Interview when they are calling her out on her lies and she repeatedly keeps saying yeah, um, hm.

"Motion by the defense for reconsideration of the prior ruling on the basis that our client is not now nor ever has been a "reasonable person" and therefore should not be held to the same standards as such. After all this case is DIFFERENT"

Within the course of these numerous hearings, I really did not understand the significance of Judge Perry stating (more than once, I believe) "Remember, I do my own research".

After reading these two recent rulings, now I understand. He states within his opinions that there are other cases more relevant to the proceedings at hand and the issue being discussed.

I wonder if Cheney Mason does HIS own research? Baez?

Within the course of these numerous hearings, I really did not understand the significance of Judge Perry stating (more than once, I believe) "Remember, I do my own research".

After reading these two recent rulings, now I understand. He states within his opinions that there are other cases more relevant to the proceedings at hand and the issue being discussed.

It's sadly sort of apparent that JB does his own research. :floorlaugh:

Show me one situation where CM does any research? He quoted a case the other day in the hearings that was from so long ago, he was clearly doing it from memory. He doesn't get the facts of the case he is supposed to be defending correct! :maddening:

Show me one situation where CM does any research? He quoted a case the other day in the hearings that was from so long ago, he was clearly doing it from memory. He doesn't get the facts of the case he is supposed to be defending correct! :maddening:

You are so right. He quotes case law from the 70's:floorlaugh:. I'm still not getting why he is such a respected attorney in FL. I am not and have not ever been impressed by him.

This whole I was worried that Caylee would be harmed, or that they would hurt my family story is a load of crap. Cause as soon as LE got there, that very night... Zenada Fernandez Gonzales was named... Her sister, where her mother lived... If there really was a ZFG...really did kidnap Caylee and really did give ICA a script to follow, and that is why ICA LIED in her statements...

Then why would she drop a whole name like that... She sung like a bird... about a person who never existed.

When I first heard the ridiculous story about Casey being given a script to follow for 31 days by Zanny my thought was how would Zanny know Cindy would track Casey down exactly 31 days later?!? That was the stupidest thing Id ever heard of...her lies are just insulting to anyone w/half a brain. There is no doubt in my mind that the Jury will think the same thing and won't take any time at all in convicting Miss Priss of 1st Degree Murder!

I do believe that Casey's Dream Team has just experienced a nightmare. A smart hip judge facing off with a murdering momster.

IMO

I do believe that Casey's Dream Team has just experienced a nightmare. A smart hip judge facing off with a murdering momster.

IMO

I'm sure this is common knowledge here but I just read last week that Judge Perry was the Judge at the GJ when KC was indicted for murder in October....I don't know how I missed that little detail but I did?!? Bet the Defense is wishing they would of kept their mouths shut and stuck it out w/Judge Strickland :crazy:

Heck, the man can't even stay awake in the hearings! :crazy:

I'm sure this is common knowledge here but I just read last week that Judge Perry was the Judge at the GJ when KC was indicted for murder in October....I don't know how I missed that little detail but I did?!? Bet the Defense is wishing they would of kept their mouths shut and stuck it out w/Judge Strickland :crazy:

I missed it as well. So much information on this case...But I have wonder now, that you mention it, if Baez had any clue that HHJBP, who asked Judge Strickland to take this case in the first place, might be the one who would take over for him. He was present at the GJ, was he not? Or did he have another judge in mind? Or was he on a scorched earth quest? Get rid of the prosecution, get rid of the judge...are these the actions of a man whose client is innocent??? I rant.

I keep wondering if by reasonable person they mean a reasonable innocent person. I mean, how dang easy was it for this group of charlatans to sit up there and claim they NOW feel they were used, tricked and dissed by LE? Yeah, let's ask Casey now if she felt she were in virtual custody...please.

When I first heard the ridiculous story about Casey being given a script to follow for 31 days by Zanny my thought was how would Zanny know Cindy would track Casey down exactly 31 days later?!? That was the stupidest thing Id ever heard of...her lies are just insulting to anyone w/half a brain. There is no doubt in my mind that the Jury will think the same thing and won't take any time at all in convicting Miss Priss of 1st Degree Murder!

ICA should have spent more time working for a living and less time watching Soap Operas. She talks like a character from one...

You are so right. He quotes case law from the 70's:floorlaugh:. I'm still not getting why he is such a respected attorney in FL. I am not and have not ever been impressed by him.

BBM.

Quoting cases that are old isn't always necessarily bad. If a case is old and still hasn't been overruled by another newer case that generally means it's a very very important case.

But you're right. If in one of my cases we have a motion that might have been drafted say two weeks ago I still cite check the law to make sure nothing has been overturned. Citing bad law in papers or in open Court is one of the worst things you can do. Law can change a lot in a short amount of time, it only takes one precedent setting case to change things.

------i wonder what it is they want "clarified"-----or vacated ??

..judgeP's orders from the recent hearings ??

03/21/2011 Motion to Vacate
and in the Alternative Motion for Clarification

03/21/2011 Motion
for Leave to File Additional Witnesses

03/21/2011 Motion
for Leave to File Additional Witnesses

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors