Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU. HAVE. NO. DEFENSE.

YOUR. CLIENT. SHOULD. CONFESS. OR. RISK. D.E.A.T.H.

Think that will work?:maddening:

Funny thing is, after all our sturm und drang (and rightly so!) the jury will probably come back with a guilty verdict in 31 minutes. Didn't take the grand jury very long at all to indict (I know, ham sandwich, etc.) but still it was a no-brainer. And that was before the body was found with duct tape around the tiny skull.

I have no doubt after they see the "Gimme Tony's number!" call they'll already have made up their minds.

:) If you don't mind, would you tell us why you don't think a Jury would give her LWOP?

O/T I'll make this quick before a mod smacks me upside the head for derailing this thread....

KC is young, white, a single mom, nice appearance. The jury will find it difficult to see evil wrapped in such a 'normal' package. By the time trial arrives the defense will have her looking like the sweet little girl next door and will portray her as a confused victim of the system, of her parents, and of a young pregnancy who 'lost' her baby under tragic, beyond her control circumstances.

Are defense consultants paid for by the JAC?

Bah, who needs to ask for money for a consultant..just file it under investigative funds

:D
Good one ... "investigative" hours ... well JAC doesn't pay for anyone without approval ...
IMO, Jose is calling a few of them consultants now so he doesn't have to turn over "expert" reports, but does Jose think he can call them at trial as "consultants" ??? :waitasec:

Lee's "report" is moot = doesn't bolster our whackadoo throw spaghetti at a wall, promise but never deliver, jive with our alternate reality/ surely entitled to enrage the jury/ elicit sympathy for the defense's meager resources so the State might take pity on us and give us a plea wrapped with a bow/Baez is a master at manipulation/ pour some gasoline and light some matches and see what happens type of defense! Aieeee!!!!! 45 days from now would be right around the scheduled March hearings!

I just want to slap the Defense! hard with more than sanctions! More like reality!

o/T sorry for typos and run ons I am typing those from my new IPad

That was really, really great LittleBitty!
I would like to change the title of this thread to read "Baez :slap: with formal sanctions"

:floorlaugh:

Ot..and really small fast reply...

Most serial killers are white. I think that we need to give jurists more credit to see past a pretty package..and look deep inside to find the "truth".

And we all know..the truth and Ms anthony are strangers :)

I found scott peterson young and attractive....until i read about what he did.

O/T I'll make this quick before a mod smacks me upside the head for derailing this thread....

KC is young, white, a single mom, nice appearance. The jury will find it difficult to see evil wrapped in such a 'normal' package. By the time trial arrives the defense will have her looking like the sweet little girl next door and will portray her as a confused victim of the system, of her parents, and of a young pregnancy who 'lost' her baby under tragic, beyond her control circumstances.

She looked like strung-out crud in those jail calls. And that's what the jury will imprint on. During the trial she'll look like a smug, heartless shell of a person and btw, she ain't all that pretty. I think she's unattractive inside and out. And I'm being objective.

The jurors will be giving up at least 6 weeks of their lives so I assume they'll be serious, not shallow, human beings. Serious about their task. They will not care about how long her hair is or if she has a zit that day. She's ugly.

Paintr, you are right - that is a terrific whitewash.

One BIG problem.

The evidence.

Second BIG problem - she lies and steals

Third BIG problem - the partying, the tattoo, the duct tape, the 31 days (in case no one heard me in #1, and one of the biggies- her demeanor.

Her looks are going to paint that story alone? Who's going to paint that story? Incoherent Baez? Mason who has no passion for this case? Maybe Finell, but that'll be after she's found guilty so it's either LWOP or death.

Who's going to persuade the jury she's a confused victim? Her lying parents? Her friends who think she's a creep? Her tattoo artist? Her manicurist? Her 3rd grade teacher? She has nothing. No one likes her who isn't a liar themselves. She's toast.

Tempted to start a thread (if it's not already done) giving the defense a heads up on how to get the jurists to consider a lower sentence. What would be effective. But, Naw.

Let them work :)

And thank you so much for your opinion Paintr :)

Not every killer is 500 pounds with corn-rows and drools down their shirt. This society is too sophisticated to buy into the appearance of a perp. She's white and has a clean shirt on? That's a mitigating factor after what the jury is going to see and hear? Good luck.

Lee's "report" is moot = doesn't bolster our whackadoo throw spaghetti at a wall, promise but never deliver, jive with our alternate reality/ surely entitled to enrage the jury/ elicit sympathy for the defense's meager resources so the State might take pity on us and give us a plea wrapped with a bow/Baez is a master at manipulation/ pour some gasoline and light some matches and see what happens type of defense! Aieeee!!!!! 45 days from now would be right around the scheduled March hearings!

I just want to slap the Defense! hard with more than sanctions! More like reality!

o/T sorry for typos and run ons I am typing those from my new IPad

Am I wrong in assuming that it does not matter if JB says it is "Moot". It does not matter if he is or isn't working for a bag or oranges. It does not matter if "They do not anticipate needing to call this witness at this time". and it does not matter if "This witness is for consulting purposes only". At this late stage if they are on the defense witness list can the oposing side not ex[ect that they will be called at trial, and have the right, requirement, and reasonable expectations to be able to make preparations as such. JB has not removed any of these moot experts from his witness list. Unless or until he does he is in clear violation of the courts order. :furious:

Or am I missing some subtle point there? :banghead:

Paintr, you are right - that is a terrific whitewash.

One BIG problem.

The evidence.

Second BIG problem - she lies and steals

Third BIG problem - the partying, the tattoo, the duct tape, the 31 days (in case no one heard me in #1, and one of the biggies- her demeanor.

I sure do hope you guys are correct, but I am begining to lose faith.

I do hope HHJP does not allow any more extensions and forces this trial forward.

O/T I seriously can't see KC being sentenced to LWOP and , I think, the DP won't even be considered by the jury. As much as we may think she deserves the maximum penalty, I think that we will be lucky to see 15 years handed down. With time served and being a model prisoner she'll probably do less than 10 years. :(

Did you see the hearing where Jeff Ashton spoke about Caylee's possible last minutes? The "make him stop" hearing, as I like to call it.

If these Prosecutor's get graphic in their closing arguments and I expect they will, this accused babykiller is going to be found guilty.

Ann Finnell may be good, but imo she really has a huge job ahead, getting the DP lifted.

Perhaps she'll succeed and then the convicted one will absolutely receive life without parole, imo.

Did you see the hearing where Jeff Ashton spoke about Caylee's possible last minutes? The "make him stop" hearing, as I like to call it.

If these Prosecutor's get graphic in their closing arguments and I expect they will, this accused babykiller is going to be found guilty.

Ann Finnell may be good, but imo she really has a huge job ahead, getting the DP lifted.

Perhaps she'll succeed and then the convicted one will absolutely receive life without parole, imo.

I agree she does have a hell of a job ahead of her. I'm glad I'm not her, for a number of reasons.

I am vacillating between being morally offended by the defense, and being embarrassed for them. Like their client, their deceptions are utterly transparent, and yet they continue with these brazen tactics??? Are they trying to force a plea out of the State? Remember that last hearing when we all thought the tone had changed & maybe plea negotiations were underway--is this the defense's way of showing the State just how horrible they can make this trial unless the State offers something less than LWOP? And they know they can get away with it because CJBP will do anything in his power to avoid a successful appeal?

These (unusual persons) hurt my head.

And with all this "thwarting" and "mooting" it appears to me that someone gave JB a thesaurus for the holidays. He got that from CM and the Lexus-Nexus hookup from AF. Grrrrrrrr.

:rant: :beersign:

And this is why I don't like the fact that on top of not being prepared, he's taking a one week vacation. Way to not get any more work done, Baez.

O.M.G. PLEASE tell me he is not taking a vacation!! What kind of attorney would take a vacay a mere eleven weeks before the start of a major death penalty trial ???

Nevermind, don't answer that. :banghead:

Surely he is not taking a vacation and he has some other lame reason he will be unavailable.....

Am I wrong in assuming that it does not matter if JB says it is "Moot". It does not matter if he is or isn't working for a bag or oranges. It does not matter if "They do not anticipate needing to call this witness at this time". and it does not matter if "This witness is for consulting purposes only". At this late stage if they are on the defense witness list can the oposing side not ex[ect that they will be called at trial, and have the right, requirement, and reasonable expectations to be able to make preparations as such. JB has not removed any of these moot experts from his witness list. Unless or until he does he is in clear violation of the courts order. :furious:

Or am I missing some subtle point there? :banghead:

You are right on the money. Until JB files something taking said experts off his witness list, he still has to pay the piper.

Nah, unless Finnell can pull a rabbit out of a hat my bet is that Casey gets death (if/when she's sentenced)

JSR, you really think KC will get the death penalty??? I keep going back and forth on this one.

Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member