Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest entry from the Clerk of Courts records

01/11/2011 Motion Defendant's; for Reconsideration of the Court's Order Granting State's Motion for Sanctions/Motion to Compel and Request to Vacate Finding of Contempt

Oh, boy, another opportunity for Baez to stand before the judge and whine and complain.

If he spent this kind of time doing his job he wouldn't have been sanctioned in the first place.

Latest entry from the Clerk of Courts records

01/11/2011 Motion Defendant's; for Reconsideration of the Court's Order Granting State's Motion for Sanctions/Motion to Compel and Request to Vacate Finding of Contempt

Thanks Nums and Sun... two posts at the same time just like stereo. :woohoo:

JB never ceases to amaze me... one slap down wasn't enough for him I guess. Can't wait to read this one!

And, someone picked something up in the last hour from the Clerk.

01/11/2011 Transaction Assessment 19.00
01/11/2011 Counter Payment Receipt # CR-2011-02419 ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE (19.00)

Muzikman perhaps!!

Do you suppose that HHJP might address this motion in this Friday's hearing?

Oh, boy, another opportunity for Baez to stand before the judge and whine and complain.

If he spent this kind of time doing his job he wouldn't have been sanctioned in the first place.

Seriously, he's wasting more time with useless motions, he's been blasted by Orlando media. What can he possibly dispute? He failed to follow the Judge's order.

Seriously, he's wasting more time with useless motions, he's been blasted by Orlando media. What can he possibly dispute? He failed to follow the Judge's order.

I so agree w/you!!

Perhaps JB is just buying time to actually have to pay the fine and also buying time to have his experts actually have to write their reports? Delay, delay, delay..... That appears to be the name of the game w/this defense team.

I can imagine that Judge Perry is going to be none too happy when he sees this motion. Isn't Judge Perry out of town on business having to do w/The Innocence Project at the moment? Maybe this will be addressed at Friday's court hearing? If so, I hope Judge Perry makes Casey attend. I hope Judge Perry swiftly and emphatically denies this motion. Wouldn't it be funny if Judge Perry denied the motion and then imposed an even bigger fine on JB?:innocent:

BBM

You make an excellent point because I truly do not understand JB. I don't say it out loud here, but there are many times lately that I, professionally speaking, find myself pulling for him to get it right for once. I know AZ has said she has seen worse than JB. Personally, I haven't....thank God.

I guess I just cannot fathom anyone putting the time, effort and money to get through law school...then spend years cleaning up your record so that the bar would license you to practice....only to commit career suicide. And that is exactly what this is - career suicide.

Your explanation after the part I bolded is the only thing that makes any sense.

BBM and Beach I haven't either. Truly, not in all my years in the field. I've personally seen arrogant and (I know it doesn't seem possible) even MORE arrogant attorneys than JB. But although they might be arrogant they were competent intelligent and very brilliant attorneys. Big difference.

I can't believe he is contesting!

From today's docket:

What an inane thing to do. He simply doesn't know when to stop.

Muzikman perhaps!!

Wasn't me. I looked at the Clerk's site at 4:30 and it wasn't there. Must have been filed or faxed at the last minute.

I hope WESH puts it up!! Probably won't until after the 6 PM news, if they're the only ones that have it. Then they can have the exclusive. :(

HHJP basically spelled it out 100% to JB what HHJP required from JB with regard to the expert witnesses. In court. I understand contesting the sanctions on their face...but just pay the fine and move on. There is nothing JB can show that NOW that would excuse his failure to comply with an order from the court which he willfully defied. If he had good cause for not complying with the court's order, then he would have presented such "evidence/information" to HHJP at the hearing in which sanctions were imposed.

Man, I can't WAIT to read this!!!! :floorlaugh:

Me either! Makes me wonder if JB really is trying to show that The Honorable Perry is biased. He's really really really pushing his luck.

Wasn't me. I looked at the Clerk's site at 4:30 and it wasn't there. Must have been filed or faxed at the last minute.

I hope WESH puts it up!! Probably won't until after the 6 PM news, if they're the only ones that have it. Then they can have the exclusive. :(

BBM

Gee, isn't that unusual? :innocent:

HHJP basically spelled it out 100% to JB what HHJP required from JB with regard to the expert witnesses. In court. I understand contesting the sanctions on their face...but just pay the fine and move on. There is nothing JB can show that NOW that would excuse his failure to comply with an order from the court which he willfully defied. If he had good cause for not complying with the court's order, then he would have presented such "evidence/information" to HHJP at the hearing in which sanctions were imposed.

JB is probably really pissed that he now has sanctions on his record. And I believe will have to report same to the FL bar.

Last minute alright..WESH reported it just after 5pm and said it was just filed...

WAIT!!!
http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/26454604/detail.html

POSTED: 4:55 pm EST January 11, 2011
UPDATED: 5:10 pm EST January 11, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics