Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PX00070_911-300x187.jpg

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/files/2011/01/PX00070_911-300x187.jpg

Why So Serious???? :crazy:

Is she clenching her jaw or is that just a shadow?

You can almost see the wheels spinning "I'm so scr*wed, I'm so scr*wed, I'm so....

"That commissary order *better* be in my dorm room when I get back or heads will roll!"

"Isn't it about time you got one right, Jose? I can fire you, remember."

"I think Cookie has been cheating on me with that Bagel chick. I like bagels, too."

Mr. Baez shall have five days to contest the amount; otherwise, this order will become final and Mr. Baez shall deliver the check, made payable to the 'State of Florida' to assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton within seven days.

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE LINK:rocker:

Maybe if he contests they will agree he shouldn't pay the $583.73, then just go with the $500 / day that JA asked for! :innocent:

While reading this thread it just dawned on me...JB and Mason are Florida taxpayers also. So does that mean Jose is really not getting his 3.00 a hr and Mason is helping to pay for her defense? So that would mean Mason is paying for himself and Jose and part of Jose's 3.00 is paying Mason. Wow!

I don't know. Baez, being the upstanding member of society that he is, strikes me as the type that probably doesn't pay his taxes. If he does, he probably scams the IRS in some way and puts nearly everything as tax deductible.

CM has probably found some loopholes himself.

I don't know. Baez, being the upstanding member of society that he is, strikes me as the type that probably doesn't pay his taxes. If he does, he probably scams the IRS in some way and puts nearly everything as tax deductible.

CM has probably found some loopholes himself.

OT .. I gotta tell you everytime I see that pic of CA and Heman I just start laughing!! The resemblance is amazing!! hahaha

http://www.wftv.com/video/26354520/index.html

This is one of my favorite parts of the hearing. CM is stating: We don't want to try this case but one time. These are serious matters. We're doing the best we can. There is plenty of time to do so.....:boohoo: :loser:

At the 22:50 mark, JP states: I don't want to try it but one time but let me say this I don't mind trying it twice, and that simply means that DO NOT try to take advantage of it because..... I'm told that there are some lawyers out there who practice civil law matters that are looking for new areas to make money suing criminal defense lawyers now for certain things.... including recovering costs for the State of Florida for the JAC. :eek::floorlaugh: JP ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm...... let's see... first there's sanctions.... wonder what's next for JB???

Thanks for this news media article from the Orlando Sentinel

Can José Baez rise to the challenge of Casey Anthony case?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6720421.story

All I can say beyond this is a MUST READ is:

......................WOWSERS!!!!!!............................

........................................:silly:
Thanks to Cherishtoo and LogicalGirl!
Link above would not work for me. This worked:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-jose-baez-outside-depth-20110107,0,6720421.story

Article also addresses HHJSS and his letter to the Florida Bar earlier in the case. Author really tells it like it is! :pillowfight:

OUCH!!!

Let's just say they didn't mince any words. :innocent:

Thanks to cherishtoo for posting it in the news thread, too. :)

Thanks to Cherishtoo and LogicalGirl!
Link above would not work for me. This worked:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/os-jose-baez-outside-depth-20110107,0,6720421.story

Article also addresses HHJSS and his letter to the Florida Bar earlier in the case. Author really tells it like it is! :pillowfight:

Sorry I was in a hurry to post it and I think my chin still on my desk where it landed must have gotten in the way.

Sure makes Kathi Belich look pretty tame! I'm still in shock.....

OUCH!!!

Yes, absolutely - mega credit to Cherishtoo for finding this one - I put her applause in my title line! Great score cherishtoo! Thanks so much, you've made my week!

What the heck was he talking about with the reporter? That was kinda nutty...what can you do for my client?! Are you kidding me?

What the heck was he talking about with the reporter? That was kinda nutty...what can you do for my client?! Are you kidding me?

My opinion only, but what else could they provide but money? The article says Baez said he didn't have to talk to them but it was a two way street - the door is open if they can assist him or his client???

Then he calls right back after they apparently offered nothing and tried to keep that conversation off the record. Very odd indeed.

My opinion only, but what else could they provide but money? The article says Baez said he didn't have to talk to them but it was a two way street - the door is open if they can assist him or his client???

Then he calls right back after they apparently offered nothing and tried to keep that conversation off the record. Very odd indeed.

We have learned that Baez is all about the "gimme."

No surprise there.

I had no idea it was quite as pervasive as it is, though.

OUCH!!!

LMAO...My cousin Vinny...:floorlaugh:

I wonder if he fells humilated or even a little teeny bit embarassed...It appears us bloggers know more about the evidence, facts and laws than my cousin Vinny does...and I do have a cousin Vinny....:floorlaugh::great:

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Let me add that this article was on the FRONT PAGE of the Orlando Sentinel this morning when it arrived at my door. I was a little surprised, with the tragedy that occured in AZ yesterday and the Representative's tie to our area (her husband is an astronaut) that the Sentinel felt that the JB story was still 'above the fold' front page material.

Am I the only one that got a 'Forbidden' message when I attempted to link to this?

ETA: Never mind... another premature post :loser:

Did I read that wrong? Or was that truly him fishing for some sort of (another) media or interview fee? IE I don't talk to you without seeing the checkbook? And then right after he hung up, he realized just how bad what he had done was, and called back to try and sweep it under the rug.

Am I being overly concerned about just how bad that could be, or just how bad that conversation sounded? Because if I am reading that even partially correctly (and really, how else could you take that? What else could it possibly mean? Please stomp all over my ideas/fears.) wouldn't that be a huge ethical/legal line that he just crossed?

- It would seem that he was trying to broker some sort of quid pro quo deal with the reporter or news agency. As her criminal defense attorney isn't that he is not supposed to be the one doing such things?

- If he was fishing for some sort of payment, ummmm damn! His client is indigent. Any such deals would be an attempt to defraud the JAC and the people of Florida.

When oh when is someone finally going to crack open his accounting and see what is really going on there? It's disturbingly obvious that his client is being poorly served by some of his money practices.

Did I read that wrong? Or was that truly him fishing for some sort of (another) media or interview fee? IE I don't talk to you without seeing the checkbook? And then right after he hung up, he realized just how bad what he had done was, and called back to try and sweep it under the rug.

Am I being overly concerned about just how bad that could be, or just how bad that conversation sounded? Because if I am reading that even partially correctly (and really, how else could you take that? What else could it possibly mean? Please stomp all over my ideas/fears.) wouldn't that be a huge ethical/legal line that he just crossed?

- It would seem that he was trying to broker some sort of quid pro quo deal with the reporter or news agency. As her criminal defense attorney isn't that he is not supposed to be the one doing such things?

- If he was fishing for some sort of payment, ummmm damn! His client is indigent. Any such deals would be an attempt to defraud the JAC and the people of Florida.

When oh when is someone finally going to crack open his accounting and see what is really going on there? It's disturbingly obvious that his client is being poorly served by some of his money practices.

I admit that was my first thought.

Then, I thought that was a bit too arrogant & crazy even for him. So, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt (don't ask me why..:loser:) and assume he was in essence saying, "I might be willing to give you an interview if you agree to print a 'Casey/defense friendly' favorable story."

I'm not saying I really believe that... :innocent:

I don't know. :shakehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members