2011.01.09 Front page Orlando Sentinel: Is Baez in over his head? *UNDER REVIEW*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, where he taught judges, lawyers, and law students about methods of using the Internet for investigation."WHAT?!!!

Jose BaezFlorida tot mom Casey Anthony's defense attorney, but Jose Baez started ... Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, ...
www.squidoo.com/josebaez - Cached - Similar

He taught the course? In the words of Jeff Ashton, "This feigning of ignorance is getting old!" You just can't make this stuff up!

O/T speaking of ignorance...Cheney pretending to be offended at the word he read in a blog is ironic; because,:floorlaugh: his very first day appearance on the case, in the hearing he called Jeff Ashton "Ignorant"...on the record!!!

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...hearing-march-18-2010-parts-1-through-3-video
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...nys-indigency-hearing-parts-4-through-6-video

bbm
I agree.
Judge Strickland asked the first time and IMO, at this point, Judge Perry needs to revisit this question and ask her again...

I must have been dreaming this because I could have sworn that Judge Perry asked her again when he first took over the case. :waitasec:

I remember thinking if it was normal that not one, but two judges asked an inmate if they were happy with their counsel. Of course this wouldn't be the first time I had a dream of something that never happened.

I won powerball again! Oh wait, no I didn't...

"Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, where he taught judges, lawyers, and law students about methods of using the Internet for investigation."WHAT?!!!

Jose BaezFlorida tot mom Casey Anthony's defense attorney, but Jose Baez started ... Prior to opening his own private practice, Baez worked for Lexis-Nexis, ...
www.squidoo.com/josebaez - Cached - Similar

He taught the course? In the words of Jeff Ashton, "This feigning of ignorance is getting old!" You just can't make this stuff up!

O/T speaking of ignorance...Cheney pretending to be offended at the word he read in a blog is ironic; because,:floorlaugh: his very first day appearance on the case, in the indigent hearing he called Jeff Ashton "Ignorant"...on the record!!!

RBM

That is merely resume-speak for "Baez was a L-N salesman."

I must have been dreaming this because I could have sworn that Judge Perry asked her again when he first took over the case. :waitasec:

I remember thinking if it was normal that not one, but two judges asked an inmate if they were happy with their counsel. Of course this wouldn't be the first time I had a dream of something that never happened.

I'm sorry you didn't win at powerball, but like you I am certain HHJP has asked that question at least once since he took over this circus.

I'm sorry you didn't win at powerball, but like you I am certain HHJP has asked that question at least once since he took over this circus.

Thank you both for the correction..I must have missed that...

This is a little bit O/T, but something that has been bothering me for some time now.

So many people refer to KC's defense as the "dream team." I'm not sure I understand that. I suppose it came from the OJ days, but as I recall, many of those people helped relieve OJ of his massive wealth in return for their services. KC has been fortunate enough to have some of the same people attached to that case, and others with high profile names, attach themselves to her case. This is only my opinion, but I don't find these people to be any more credible or quality just because we have seen them before than many others without the high profile name. Their services/opinions have all been bought, either by money (as in OJ's case) or by other means, such as publicity for their books on the market (as in KC's case).

Anyone with a recognizable name bailed on KC as soon as her worth to them had expired. The only people KC is left with are a few local attorneys (of them, one WAY past his prime and the other, well, let's just say he's a little green). A few local attorneys no one has ever heard of before this case does not a dream team make. So, IMO, if KC ever had a "dream team", that ceased to exist some time ago. I really wish the media would stop referring to her counsel as the "dream team."

If the A's and JB hadn't made this case such a circus from the beginning, KC would have ended up with a PD, just like all the other indigent criminals. JB may have started out with KC, but if this case hadn't turned out to be what it is, my opinion is that there is no way he would have stuck around for all these years. He would have dumped KC also, leaving her with a PD. Many attorneys would not have touched this case, pro bono or not, if there wasn't something to be gained for them.

Actually, I think KC should thank her family and her attorney. THEY are the ones that turned this case into the train wreck it is today. Because you know what they say about not being able to turn away from a train wreck. Contrary to what KC believes, there is nothing special about her..... she is just your average run-of-the-mill baby killer.

I still worry from time to time about her conviction being overturned on the basis of ineffective counsel. Once she is convicted, she will have an automatic appeal, even if she doesn't want one (yeah, right). I just would hate to see justice thwarted by KC getting a second trial because of the likes of JB.

I'm not a lawyer... and don't play one on TV... so I don't understand all the legal wranglings of the law. I just have to have faith that the Chief Justice knows what he is doing... and how to handle this case to avoid any appellate issues. Unlike JB, this is NOT his first rodeo. And HHJP did not get to be Chief Justice because he is a fool....

Thanks for letting me rant..... I hope at least some of it makes sense. :)

Thank you both for the correction..I must have missed that...

I think it was at the one of the first hearings of HHJP, and it was a quick question, or something. I don't remember it being a big part of the hearing, but I do remember it being asked, she answered yes, and then it was done and then it was on to motions or something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostKitty311