2011.01.14 Hearing: Jury Selection Expected To Be Main Topic

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge: My concern about 30 days notice...your staff members. THe longer something is out there...the more they talk.

Three hundred and fifty thousand dollars to bring the jurors in , feed and house them
even just the security is going to require a lot of overtime for OCSD, they will be in charge of care, custody and control of the jurors and the alternates
we have to line up dentists, doctors, make arrangements for prescriptions to be filled
I liken it to going to summer camp.

News media...a concern...we do not want the town we go to to have news stories out, defeats purpose.
Judge has already made deposit on area hotels. BAMMM!!!

Is someone clicking a pen? It sounds like they're clicking it right in the mic. Are they talking about the jurors coming here for selection or them going somewhere to selec them?

I think the judge is clicking the pen, annoying. LOL

Baez, also wants 30 days.

Judge asking why? There is going to be a gag order.

baez worried about pre trial publicity

Bold mine.

Ya gotta be kidding me...he hasn't met a camera he hasn't liked. *rolleyes*

Need to provide meals, house them, laundry. (the jury)
have to provide 24 hour security 7 days a week.

That requires a substantial amount of overtime from sheriffs dept. Need dentist, doctors, prescriptions filled, it's almost like going to summer camp

I don't know from the professional world but for the minimum wage set...it's like the judge takes the hands of these councilors and leads them along the way. In my world, they show you one time where the stuff is to clean the bathrooms...

Have to line up dentists, doctors, prescriptions filled, laundry. It's like going to summer camp.

It is the honorable judge, I just watched him do it.

Baez didn't seem to be his usual smirking self right after the sidebar, sanction probably not vacated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734