2011.01.14 Hearing: Jury Selection Expected To Be Main Topic

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KC will never ever admit to killing her daughter, and she knows that if she does that she would then not be able to get out of jail and become and attorney working side by side with JB....I cannot ever see her admit to her part in this heinous crime, And the State would be the one that would have to offer a plea, And I just don't ever see that happening, Remember how many CSI were on there hands and knees picking up all the pieces and parts of this precious child out of the dump site where KC threw her like she was a bag of garbage, this case is not only emotional for us on here but it has become extremely emotional for all of the people who want Justice for Caylee and have the power to give her that.....So I fully expect so see a trial start in May.

God, can you imagine being a fly on the wall watching Mason tell Casey it would be in her best interest to take a plea? Oh my - the reaction from Casey would be something to witness. lol

She'd fire him.

They better be NICE to Amy H...she's on their List as a Penalty Phase Witness

Wow! I'm sure she'll be helpful... to the state! Amy H was so taken advantage of by ICA - I'm thinken' that AH may be driving the train for Mz Karma! :skip:

KC will never ever admit to killing her daughter, and she knows that if she does that she would then not be able to get out of jail and become and attorney working side by side with JB....I cannot ever see her admit to her part in this heinous crime, And the State would be the one that would have to offer a plea, And I just don't ever see that happening, Remember how many CSI were on there hands and knees picking up all the pieces and parts of this precious child out of the dump site where KC threw her like she was a bag of garbage, this case is not only emotional for us on here but it has become extremely emotional for all of the people who want Justice for Caylee and have the power to give her that.....So I fully expect so see a trial start in May.

And I will be by your side. Cannot wait.

They better be NICE to Amy H...she's on their List as a Penalty Phase Witness

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-phase-casey-anthony-first-degree-murder-case

The list of penalty phase witnesses provided today does identify Casey Anthony's close family members, including her parents and brother, many friends, ex-boyfriends and others already long associated with the case. Included on that list are familiar names such as Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales Anthony Rusciano, Anthony Lazzaro and Amy Huizenga.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that they haven't taken Amy's deposition before this point. She is a very important witness IMHO.

Yup
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...-phase-casey-anthony-first-degree-murder-case

The list of penalty phase witnesses provided today does identify Casey Anthony's close family members, including her parents and brother, many friends, ex-boyfriends and others already long associated with the case. Included on that list are familiar names such as Jesse Grund, Ricardo Morales Anthony Rusciano, Anthony Lazzaro and Amy Huizenga.

But, but but, but.

What are they going to talk about the Casey they "thought" they knew. Because that is what Grund has said and Amy has said. Maybe they will discuss how she treated KC. Ricardo is the one who said she stayed with him five nights a week.

Maybe they will talk about how she felt unhappy with Cindy and George.

Yes i do think he would say "listen carefully" because he does intend to shorten the lunch hours if things are moving slowly. He is getting his point across that this trial will move along and that he will cut lunch hours and that he will give them an extra week for jury selection but would like a week.

I don't know why you all read so much into this. You are speculating and probably hoping for something and it is more than likely never going to happen. The plea is up to KC, not the defense. Keep that in mind.:truce:

I agree with you. This is a true warning that he isn't going to allow these games to delay the trial date. That date is set in stone. The deposits have been made. HE dosen't want the defense to whine last minute that they still need time.. cause there just will NOT be any time left to give. The defense has been warned that the game of 'delay' will not effect the trial date. If push comes to shove, work longer hours per day, work the weekends, work Holidays.

Okay. So I started the "lunch instructions thread" and I'll have those instructions transcribed in a JB minute! (If I don't get it done by the deadline, I know you all will give me more time. Sometimes I get thwarted by traffic.)

If I was in jail with the DP hanging over my head, I would like to know why they were discussing lunch. Shouldn't JB and CM have been taking depos instead of being in a courtroom talking about how they haven't done the depos?

I could never work in this world. They would drag me out screaming like a crazy person. Kudos to those of you who do your job with ethics and pride, how do you do it?! And the families! OH! The families and loved ones of the innocent, what a process to see through to the end. Blessings to them.

:twocents:

BBM - she would eat him alive and spit out the pieces - but you know, as much time as she's had to study if she does fire JB - she may just head up her own council - with all her buddies moved to the Big House and all her crayons taken away - she should have had enough study time to pass the bar and frankly she couldn't possibly do any worse...

They already had a deposition set up on a Saturday for Amy H, for when her ship would be in port and then they cancelled it, I really with the State would have reminded JBP of that, I would have loved to have seen JB & CM squirm to see if JBP would have allowed them to depose her.....My guess is JB will be on his own for her depo I don't see CM giving up a Saturday on the golf course for infomation he can get from her.

I agree with you. This is a true warning that he isn't going to allow these games to delay the trial date. That date is set in stone. The deposits have been made. HE dosen't want the defense to whine last minute that they still need time.. cause there just will NOT be any time left to give. The defense has been warned that the game of 'delay' will not effect the trial date. If push comes to shove, work longer hours per day, work the weekends, work Holidays.

It is getting close and he wants it known that he has every intention of having it done right and quick. He knows how crazy it will get.

I don't know. I can't decide. On the one hand, seems like a plea is going on. On the other hand is mother of the year not wanting to admit what happened no matter what. The only other thing I can come up with is that they were showing HHJP that they can work together? Maybe the sanction is being worked out somehow so it doesn't actually impact Baez like Mason wanted?

It's like watching a movie, and it seems like things are missing to make it more understandable, and you find out there were extra scenes that did explain it more but were left on the cutting room floor. And the director decides to be a meanie and not include those scenes when it's released on DVD or Bluray. So you're left wondering, with no explanation, as to what the heck that movie was about! That's how I feel right now...

I typically sit to the side, watching and listing to the excellent conversation and sluthing performed by each of you - BTW - Thank you!

However, I could not resist making my remarks known today. Would it not be the GREATEST thing in this whole madhouse of the trial, if the hotel that has been reserved for the jurors were to be one at Universal Studios Orlando? Could you see explaining that you felt it was important for the jurors to be so close to where Casey worked, met Zenida and Jeff. So close to where Casey had to admit that she lied and was not helping the investigators in their search?

Oh dreams... :)

How far past the Deadline date is the Defense Now..???

This is what steams me!!!!
The Judge is not enforcing his own deadlines on the Defense.

The deadline for the Defense to take depositions of LE was Sept 30, 2010 - moved to Oct 31, 2010.

The deadline for the Defense to take depositions of late filed (after May 24, 2010) of State witnesses was December 31, 2010. Both sides were due to give the Judge a list of "ordinary witnesses" (not LE or Expert) who were late filed, by October 18, 2010 - the Defense never gave the list.

The deadline for the Defense to add new TES witnesses to the Defense Witness List was December 31, 2010 (the Defense still has NOT listed the TES searchers who the State is taking depositions of).

The State has a deadline of March 30, 2011, to finish depositions of the new Defense TES witnesses.

The Defense had a deadline to list penalty phase witnesses of November 30, 2010 ( I think Finnell met this deadline).

I will be watching for a decision from JBP to reverse the sanctions and the lift the contempt charge from JB in the next couple of days, I would think that if it has been worked out between the 2 sides the JBP would have to have it on record, that is what all the hush hush talk and sidebars were about today IMO.

She will be present at the jury selection. In my experience this is another place where the defendant can sometimes get an epiphany and plea out.

I was called as a juror in a child abuse case, and by day two of jury selection they had ten of us chosen, of whom six had children, four were teachers and one was a retired school administrator. (I don't know why the defense atty wasn't using more challenges; it was apparent that we were going to be a tough jury for a dad accused of beating his six year old--so maybe the pros & def were in cahoots?)... anyway, right after they accepted juror 10, the defense atty asked to approach the judge, then everyone went behind closed doors, and fairly shortly we were thanked for our service, informed he had taken a plea, and dismissed.

I was shocked to learn that 90% of all cases are settled by plea bargain in the US. Evidently it is something that sets us apart from the rest of the free world and Europe has criticized us for it saying it cannot be fair and impartial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay