2011.01.18.: "Briefcase" found that *may* contain evidence in Zahra Baker case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At first I thought it *might* be a briefcase, but after studying it I think he is holding sunglasses. JMOO

No, I am totally seeing the briefcase (or small suitcase), and yes it does look similar to the photo that was posted of the one found by loggers. I am looking online to see if there is a clearer version of the wedding picture.

ETA: Oh geez, now looking some more, I am seeing the "light coming through fence" and "Adam holding sunglasses". Amazing. I'm no longer sure what it is.

Hello fellow sleuthers, I know that I am not on here very often with work but in my opinion this find may have to do with the manner in which she died. I am very hopeful that these things in this briefcase are directly related the the COD. And that there will be DNA all over the items in it. For example seminal fluid. I am hopeful that this is the break that LE desperately needed. In any crime there are pieces of a puzzle and until all the pieces fit sometimes we are powerless no matter how much we want a resolution. Hopefully we are no longer powerless to bring them to justice for this angel's untimely death.

We will see if I uploaded this correctly. I do see how it can be believed that AB is holding a briefcase similar in look to the one found at Christy. Unfortunately, we here at WS do not have the enhancement capabilities that say NC LE might have at their disposal.

As some have said, it could be sunglasses, or anything. But after viewing the photo and fiddling with the contrast etc, I do see what could be a briefcase there. I do get what others are seeing. Bottom line, we will ahve to wait and see what comes of it.

Attachments

• Briefcase.png
    Briefcase.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 72
Certainly does look like there is an object being held in his hand - as his fingers appear to curl around something in his grip. But for 2 reasons I'm uncertain this is a briefcase:
1) there is a vertical line that looks to be the edge of the side of the briefcase; however, that line continues above his hand, in perfect alignment with the line below the hand; and
2) why would he be holding a briefcase in a wedding photo, wedged between him and his new wife, when they are displaying their marriage certificate?

Doesn't add up to me. Sorry.

edit:
In the full pic it looks to be perhaps a fence post behind them:
elisa-and-adam-baker-wedding

As far as the photo, I am seeing a small automatic digital camera in his hand, with the post of a chain link fence behind him. JMOO.

ETA: Sorry - might not be chain link (looking at the bigger pic). But certainly a post of some ilk to my eyes.

ETA2: Though, I can see how people could see it has a briefcase turned with its top facing the camera. However, since the case "looked new," I couldn't be sure this is the same one if it made an international journey, though it might suggest his preference for case type.

As far as the photo, I am seeing a small automatic digital camera in his hand, with the post of a chain link fence behind him. JMOO.

It looks more like it is a wooden fence behind them, whose slats can be seen above their shoulders, as well. The lighter lines, that could be light shining between the fence slats, appear to be parallel and seemingly regular spacing.

JMO

We will see if I uploaded this correctly. I do see how it can be believed that AB is holding a briefcase similar in look to the one found at Christy. Unfortunately, we here at WS do not have the enhancement capabilities that say NC LE might have at their disposal.

As some have said, it could be sunglasses, or anything. But after viewing the photo and fiddling with the contrast etc, I do see what could be a briefcase there. I do get what others are seeing. Bottom line, we will ahve to wait and see what comes of it.

Thank you for posting this. Quetions, questions...could it be EB's hand? It almost looks like 3 fingers with black fingernail polish, in AB's hand. But then again, I look at AB's belt buckle and see the same color as what would be a metal handle and metal strips on the briefcase. IDK.

isnt it funny how different people see things all I see is an ink pen JMO

Certainly does look like there is an object being held in his hand - as his fingers appear to curl around something in his grip. But for 2 reasons I'm uncertain this is a briefcase:
1) there is a vertical line that looks to be the edge of the side of the briefcase; however, that line continues above his hand, in perfect alignment with the line below the hand; and
2) why would he be holding a briefcase in a wedding photo, wedged between him and his new wife, when they are displaying their marriage certificate?

Doesn't add up to me. Sorry.

edit:
In the full pic it looks to be perhaps a fence post behind them:
elisa-and-adam-baker-wedding

It had been several pages since I viewed the full photo again. I can tell you what that looks like to me in the full photo. They are standing in the drive of a home. They ae more to the back of the home and they are standing beside a privacy fence. The area of the fence they are standing in front of is located at the back edge of the home along the driveway. IMO this is exactly where the gate portion of the fence would be located in order to access the back yard from the driveway, such as to reach a back door.

ET insert this paragraph - A gate portion would have a crack area indicating its beginning and a fence's end. Light would shine through it which may explain the area that would seem to be a briefcase's "seam". There may also be a metal slim pole such as those used that run vertical along the gate and seat into the concrete to hold the gate closed when not in use.

IDK. As I said, if it is a briefcase LE will uncover it. Heck, we are getting all sorts of degrees of separation at this point. Trying to determine IF a photo MAY have a briefcase in it and IF that possible briefcase RESEMBLES a briefcase found near a dump site of a crime that MAY be related to that crime or MAY NOT.

I am making myself dizzy here!

isnt it funny how different people see things all I see is an ink pen JMO

It is interesting!

For me, it seems more substantial than a pen - more rectangular, which is why I saw a camera. I also think I see the suggestion of a lens portal, as well as a wrist strap.

But it is quite interesting - the visual equivalent to tomatoes and tomahtoes, I guess.

Its funny, I can see where everyone is getting their own idea of what it is from. As soon as they post it and I go look at the photo, I can see what they see and why they think it is what it is.

This tells me what I already knew. I am highly empathic and therefore highly suggestible in this kind of analysis! lol, photo forensics is definately NOT my calling!

OK, I've run some levels, curves and smart sharpen on this image, and interpolated it to 300 dpi, then cropped. It was a very low quality 72 dpi image to start with that a media service captured from facebook. This is as good as it gets from this quality original image. I (or anyone else) would need a higher res/larger/original image to be able to enhance this further.

Things to ignore are: the posterising in the colours, ignore the over-exposed and pixelated areas (particularly on Adam's pants and the white wedding dress). Just look at the contrasts of light and shade around his hand. This is all I have concentrated on in the adjustment. You can see there is an object that appears to have a number of adjacent circles as the light captures the edges. I have no idea what it is!

attachment.php

Attachments

• elisa_adam_baker_wedding3_crop.jpg
    elisa_adam_baker_wedding3_crop.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 296
I was thinking when viewing your pic that the 3 circles area appears more like a pair of sunglasses folded, fingertips clutching the earpieces with lenses facing his pant leg.

I don't know what is in his hand, but I do know those tight gloves must have cut off the circulation in her arms. Sorry you all, I needed a laugh. Please don't give me a Time Out.

I just wanted to thank everyone for this thread. I see lots of good brainstorming and, for the most part, civil conversation and idea sharing. Generally on topic and focused. Well done. It's been a very nice thing to see.

A thought ... do any microphones look like that? I am wondering if they may have had the ceremony outside and he made a speech. Then the photo with marriage certificate was taken. Strange I realise, but I'm just trying to think of things that have a round ball at the end with circles on it. Does anyone know details about the wedding? All I know is it was held in or around Giru.

BUT, it really doesn't matter what the object is does it? And I'm pretty confident it's not a briefcase. So I'm going to leave this at this point. It's just getting way off topic if I pursue this line of thought.

I was thinking when viewing your pic that the 3 circles area appears more like a pair of sunglasses folded, fingertips clutching the earpieces with lenses facing his pant leg.

I think you may be right on the money tl. The shape of the lens is perfect for sunglasses,and the shiny part I thought was a pen looks like wire frames. I can also see the ear piece curving down. All this need to be taken in the context that im old and blind as a bat lol JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back